A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ode to Kooan..OR...My Eye Shirt  (Read 1658 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 18, 2012 02:48:34 PM »

For those who don't know, Kooan is/was a Japanese designer on this session of Project Runway.  For the unconventional challenge this season, he drew a dress which was bright orange and had one eye and a happy smile.  I LOVED it (as anyone who knows a thing about me would imagine...).  His end design didn't look anything like what he drew however.  But I knew I wanted to make me a shirt to pay homage to a very creative designer.  Well, I found an excuse when the Seattle meet up happened.  I didn't quite get properly inspired until the night before the meet up, so it is as simple and quick as I could imagine.  No sleeves, double needle finishing (New tool to me but ooo my!  it is handy and easy to do), and I just cut out the shapes and ruff pinned them to the fabric and free motioned them down.

This is the inside of the eye.  You can see I cut the yellow away at the back, and also the white where the black is.  The mouth is so thin I didn't think I needed to mess with cutting that away.  And you can see on this side, that I went over the seems over and over, using different stitch paths each time.

And here is an acction pic, proving once and for all that I am indeed shaped exactly like a sliver back gorilla Grin

Thanks for looking Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
fancybutch

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012 02:53:20 PM »

lol very funny and cute!  And I am a project runway addict myself!!!  Was so sorry to see Kooan go Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012 03:01:56 PM »

That whole episode was upsetting.  It was like all the color left the show!  It will be an ocean of black grey and white from now on...and cocktail dresses
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
fancybutch

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012 03:10:36 PM »

my fav is Sonjia, she has the best hair! and is not completely boring designs, some colour, but good taste. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
suereal

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012 03:36:03 PM »

Yeah, I like her too.  She has a cool style.  Both her design ethic and her personal style.  I look forward to seeing what she will be wearing each epi.  She takes relativly borring and in some cases, things that I would call church lady, stuff and makes it intersting and adorable most times.  And I loved the sharks in her candy dress.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012 03:37:53 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012 06:20:20 PM »

That's fun! I'm one of the few people in the world who has never seen Project Runway so I can't comment about that, but your shirt is great! I wish I'd had the guts to get to Seattle. I would have poked at the seams and asked you all about them. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012 07:58:54 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012 06:28:21 PM »

I'll wear it next time if you promise to poke me Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012 06:39:43 PM »

I know nothing about Project Runway but I really like this shirt!  When I first saw it on the main page, I thought it was a Minion shirt  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012 06:53:06 PM »

I get the Minion reference allot with my work Grin

Project Runway is a reality show where clothing designers compete to win a bunch of money to start clothing lines Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012 12:10:13 AM »

I Like it. A really cheerful piece of clothing. Such fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing a Common Toad
Photographing Sea Birds
Photographing Woodland Birds
Photographing Birds of Prey
Photographing Moorland Birds
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...