GALLERY is HERE: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414625.0
Swap name: Art Doll Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: August 17 - 26, 2012
Date to send item by: October 5, 2012
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No, but shipping may be expensive for this swap
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? No, Craftster rules
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap: You will swap one art doll with your partner who will use some special items that you send to her/him. You will list some broad ideas and preferences for your doll but there will be a fair amount of artist's choice in making these dolls. You might list "nature" as a theme, but not "Coraline" because your partner might not be able to conjure up that kind of specific doll. This swap will be a lot about COMMUNICATION - you need to be clear about what you like and be ready to answer kooky questions from your partner.
Also, there is a long crafting time to accommodate your sending a small envelope of crafty things you'd like included with your doll. You might send fabric, special photos (copies are A-okay), buttons, charms, or anything else you'd like included. I've included detailed questions in the questionnaire so your partner can understnd your likes and dislike, but you may also need to clarify during the crafting period.
This swap is for all doll-makers, new and experienced. You will have the choice of a soft doll, a sculptured doll or a flat decoration (like an art quilt) or 2-D paper and whatever piece of hanging art.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Art Doll Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Will you send some crafty bits to your partner to be included in the making of your doll?
Will you send these ASAP so your partner can begin crafting? (Add a date if you'll be vacationing or away from your stash):
If you won't be sending your own crafty things, what can your partner use?
Any types of materials you DON'T WANT? (leather, fur, feathers)
Do you want a soft (stuffie/plushie) doll?
Do you want a sculptural doll?
Do you want a wall hanging/mini-quilt?
Do you want a flat, 2-D piece of art?
Any size preferences or requirements?
List 5 - 8 general themes you like:
List 5 - 8 things you DON'T LIKE:
Text/words? Yes or no
Moveable parts? Yes or no
Least favorite colors:
Any allergies that pertain to this swap? (smoke, pets)
Any allergens in your home? (smoke, pets)
Important stuff for your partner to know:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.