A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
325 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Fell in Love with Pascal from Disney's Tangled  (Read 14276 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffed_animal , disney , tangled , plush , chameleon , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2012 07:15:58 PM »

Hello! I have been on a Disney kick lately...well, I guess I am never NOT on a Disney kick, really. I guess the Disney princesses are my current muse from my ever-present Disney obession! That is a more accurate way of putting things! Anyway, I made a Merida doll a few weeks ago (from the movie Brave) and fell in love with her which led me to the idea that I should make ALL the Disney princesses into dolls and then some! I have been steadily been working on them (I will post them when I complete the last one!) and I realized I had never actually watched Tangled while making Rapunzel. I decided to watch it and of course could not find it anywhere to rent! Nowhere! It took me over a month to find a redbox with it and I had to drive an hour just to rent it! (Luckily it was in my hometown so I had a reason to visit.)

Anyway, I watched and instantly fell in love. The characters, the music, the colors, animation. It's all just wonderful. But I REALLY, REALLY fell in love with Pascal. Not uncommon- I usually always love the animal companions the most in Disney movies like so many people do. I decided I NEEDED a Pascal. Once I hit every store in Boise and couldn't find one I decided I didn't even really like the store ones and my paypal is empty so online shopping was out.

So of course I had to make one. Right?

Yesterday I sat down and began sewing- he took me all day! Normally these things take me an hour or two tops but Pascal was a difficult little sucker! Most my plush are very flat and don't have so many shapes and pieces to them. It was an all new task for me creating a head like his. Plus, he is all hand-sewn which I never do anymore. That said, after I finally completed him last night I hated him. Luckily this morning I woke up with a new attitude and quickly changed my mind. He now is one of my favorite creations because he was such a challenge for me!

His tail is posable and his legs and arms are now too.

I took this picture on my phone right after finishing him at about 1:00 a.m. then threw him because I was so frustrated with his head not turning out the way I wanted to after multiple attempts. Don't worry...he is okay and he has forgiven me.

And for size reference here is me holding him!

Have a magical day!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012 07:19:40 PM »

He is so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012 07:23:30 PM »

Thank you, PixieVal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

canamharris
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012 07:34:43 PM »

Love love love it! Tangled is such a fun movie! We just did a tangled themed party for my daughter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethanael
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012 07:40:52 PM »

I wish I had just a fraction of your talent. I still can't get my pony plushies right and its been months and you make something so amazing in one day. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012 07:43:11 PM »

Aw, how fun canamharris! I can't believe I just barely saw it for the first time. I am not a big Mandy Moore fan so I kind of steered away from it, but then I instantly fell in love with all the characters. I should have known to never doubt Disney no matter what! Smiley

Thank you!

bathanael, oh thank you so much! Trust me, it has taken me quite some time to get to this point. My very first things were ridiculous! And I am sure your's look great and with more time they will just continue to get easier and better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012 09:08:51 PM »

How could you not like him? He is super cute, adorable, lovable, delightful, adorable...
I love him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012 09:13:24 PM »

I know, his mannerisms are so hilarious! My favorite is when he is telling the horse to calm down. So cute!

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Marya780
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012 02:53:17 AM »

This is seriously awesome, I want him!  You have mad skills and patience. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Momof2!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012 05:32:15 AM »

Wow, great work! I couldn't make one look that good if I had a pattern, much less without one. This rocks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Illustrate Anime Boys
How to Illustrate Anime Wings
How to Illustrate Anime Hands
Website Design and Development Terminology
Adding Content to a Website
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...