A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me find a New machine  (Read 1754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Illiamdra

Craft time was never this much fun in school!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 07, 2011 01:09:30 PM »

So i have been looking up and pricing different embroidery Machines. Though i have never used or even seen how to use a machine to embroider (im kinda old school) so i have no idea what to look for in a good one. Have saved up a good chunk of money and i have kinda been leaning towards the Singer Futura CE-250  the 150 is almost the same but it doesn't come wit the software that lets me turn clip art into patterns so i can't add my own unless i get that extra software, the 250 comes with it. however the best price i can find on it is 650 any one have any advice on another machine that will allow me to add my own designs to the patterns?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011 05:25:32 AM by Aislynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amarok
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011 05:01:07 AM »

just get any machine you want (there are millions of threads on that subject here, you can use the Search-feature) and then get a free digitizing software from the internet. you can google "free embroidery software" and get going. that is something you can use the search feature on this forum also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
Fildrigar
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011 09:24:13 AM »

Quoting myself from the giant thread stickied at the top of the forum:

It is very much worth going into a local sewing machine dealer and talking with them. Many of them have special deals and such. If you're trying to keep the costs low, you do have several options:

1 ) Buy a used machine. Many sewing machine dealers get used machines in, have their service department refurbish them and then re-sell them for a much lower price than new. Quite often they come with a 30-90 day guarantee, in case anything goes wrong.

2 ) Buy a new, but low end starting machine. Many sewing machine dealers will offer you 100% of the price you paid on a machine ( not the extra things that you buy, just the machine ) on a trade in within one year. As an example, a Babylock Sofia 2 costs around 800$. Just shy of a year later, you could trade it in on an Ellure Plus ( usually around 1500$ ) and only have to pay 700$. Then, a year later ( assuming you're still loving machine embroidery ) you could step up another step, and before you know it you're at the top of the line machine. ( The Ellisimo, which is a fantasic ( and fantastically expensive ) machine. )

You really shouldn't consider buying online, even if it will save you a few bucks. ( Unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing, and aren't going to need help figuring out your machine. ) With a local shop, you can always get help. ( My local sewing machine dealer offers free one-on-one training with your machine for as long as you own it. I'd like to see ebay offer that... )

Going to a local sewing shop will also allow you to try out several machines and really see the differences between them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sky is the limit
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012 05:01:27 PM »

I'm also looking for a new machine and was looking at the Singer Futura CE-250. Does anybody know if it's worth the purchase?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 2
Rebecca Traister Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Brian Jennings Talks About Censorship
Under the Dome Book Trailer
An Interview with Michael Yapko
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...