A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pendrell Blouse from Sewaholic  (Read 1029 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

runciblespoon
« on: August 14, 2012 07:13:37 AM »

Sewaholic patterns are designed for 'pear-shaped' women, and the Pendrell fits me perfectly with no modifications - I hadn't realised I was a pear, but now it seems like the only conclusion! It wasn't exactly what I'd expected from the pattern envelope and the photos on the Sewaholic website, which tend to show it made in slinky fabrics and tucked in at the waist. I made it first in a quilting cotton, and then in a fairly stiff linen (below) and it worked beautifully as more of a summer tunic top.

It's an easy pattern, with no fastenings so it's very quick to make. The neck and arm openings are finished with bias tape, using a slightly unusual technique which I found a bit quicker than the conventional approach and will be using again.

There are three pattern options, and I haven't yet made the versions with ruffles and sleeves, though I will be making several more. I suspect that a drapier fabric would work better for the ruffles, but will report back when I've tried it. The only modification I made after the initial version (in Ikea cotton, above) was to make the neckline slightly lower, both front and back.

Overall I'd recommend it. Having made three already I feel I've had good value from this pattern, and will be using it again as a summer stand-by.

http://runcibledays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/p-p-p-pick-up-pendrell-or-ikea-dream-3.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012 03:05:02 PM »

I love the way that looks with the bold fabric pattern, very summery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jackie Collins Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Jeffrey Ross Talks About I Only Roast the Ones I Love
John Carter Cash Reveals His Favorite Music
Courtney Sheinmel Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Monica Holloway on Cowboy and Wills
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...