A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,891
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moebius knitting: Cowls!  (Read 1422 times)
Tags for this thread: cowl  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 07, 2012 11:29:48 PM »

So I came across a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVnTda7F2V4 And wanted to give it a try. I had many questions that the wonderful knitters over on the questions board nicely answered for me! Well I made some of the cowl's I wanted to make!

This is the first "real" cowl I made. It was still kind of a tester, it is too long for my taste and I may end up frogging it and making it smaller. It hangs down really low. I also was looking to achieve a different look by purling 1 "row" and knitting 1 "row". It is interesting to say the least. I really don't think I like it...

You can see the line where I switched from purling to knitting. Technically all one "round" is either just knitting or purled depending on what side you're looking at.

I then made a cowl out of some simply soft shadows yarn I got from a friend. I did a test swatch to figure out my stitches per inch and then figured out how long I wanted it. I know can understand the importance of test swatches. So this one turned out exactly how I wanted it. It just needs the ends woven in. I think I am going to keep this one for myself!!

And a picture of me wearing it to show how perfectly sized it is! Excuse the sleepy face as I am doing this at 2am >.<

I am very happy with my adventure into moebius knitting. I will be making these for gifts for the holidays I think!

C&C welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
bennysmith
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012 01:36:57 AM »

Nice post, thanks, I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012 09:36:11 AM »

Thanks for the pictures. I am in the middle of one myself and it is nice to see what it ought to look like when it is done.  Wink I love the yarn you used for the last one.  Such beautiful twilight shades.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012 09:42:59 PM »

Thanks for the pictures. I am in the middle of one myself and it is nice to see what it ought to look like when it is done.  Wink I love the yarn you used for the last one.  Such beautiful twilight shades.

You're welcome! I was really worried about what it would look like when I was done with mine too! Good luck, they are such fun knits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Top 5 Ways to Look Cute When Its Cold Outside
Hottest Holiday Party Fashions
How to Personalize Your Own Look
A Day to Night Look with J Brand Jeans
Gillian Sagansky Talks About the Perfect Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...