A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2015 Holiday Crafting List  (Read 3816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015 09:51:12 PM »

Lots done already, as our house is currently listed, and there's a possibility we'll have to move before Christmas, so here's the list.

For me to make/buy
Mom - 12 sets of seasonal placemats - 1/2 done
Dad - Huh
Brother - Jimmy t-shirt (digitally create design, order from vista print) - done
Sister in Law - bath robe - purchased
Niece #1 - Christmas outfit, pajamas, sewing kit (traced pattern, need to sew doll version for pics and instructions)
Niece #2 - Christmas outfit, pajamas, sewing kit (traced pattern, need to sew doll version for pics and instructions)
Niece #3 -  Christmas outfit, pajamas, sewing kit (traced pattern, need to sew doll version for pics and instructions)
Grandma - nightgown - done
Grandpa - night shirt

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
Immaculata
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015 11:24:23 AM »

Mmmm that compound butter sounds delicious!

I'm knocking quite a bit off of my list, thanks to co-ops I'm in (authentic lokai bracelets for $2 each, which are all donations to charitable organizations. no way i'm passing that up)

& a closeout $1 sale at a local discount store rounded off a couple more gifts. Even picked up my sister's birthday gift (10/29) from that sale. I'm going to come in so under budget. & considering I'm officially 8 months pregnant- I'm happy with the idea of not having a massive craft list.

I can imagine you must be glad to be done with the christmas shopping / crafting early. You'll be busy enough with a newborn. Hope things are going well with your pregnancy Smiley

I've finished stitching 3 more ornaments. I haven't finished up any cards yet.

I still have no clue about most of the gifts I want to make, sadly. I need to sit down and come up with soon ideas soon, if I want to have everything finished by Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A 'True Love' story never ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015 04:45:16 AM »

I do have a few more things I have figured out for holiday gifting. (I'm going to edit my list)

1. The sibling gifts (including nephew) gift exchange- where the little ones make gifts for each other. I have decided that the perfect "gift" for them to make for each other will be a "beginner rock collection" in a decorated bag. I collect small tumbled crystals. My kids and my nephew all take my collection and they make up little games with them, because they are beautiful colors and etc.

Anyways, I'm going to take them each (2 sons & 1 nephew) at different times to the local health food store to let them pick out a few crystals special for their person, that they will put into a decorated muslin/cotton bag. The purchased crystals are super affordable, some may even be $0.50 or less, since they are sold by weight. It's something they will all love! Each will pick out 3-5. So, they will end up with about 6-10 each- not too bad, considering their ages. But, it's also a gift that they could add to each year if they wanted to.

2. I'm adding twistable crayola crayons & an adult coloring book (was $4 at fivebelow) for one best friend. She's had a rough year and currently is taking care of her mother too. She was at my house yesterday coloring with my kids and mentioned how peaceful she felt for the first time since her dad passed (in Feb or march). So, that's why I think it's a wonderful idea for her. She'll still get her Lokai bracelet too.

3. I finished 3 kiddos off the extended family gift list over the weekend! yay
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015 03:55:24 AM by marcusandila » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade, Cas, + baby boy (Casey) due in November
steiconi
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015 10:16:00 AM »

I do 20-30 ornaments every year to give to friends; this year, I'm doing mini Putz houses.  They're still in R&D, but I've decided to go with all Mid Century Modern houses, and not too much glitter.

I was planning to make the word JOY in big letters, and possibly add lights, to decorate my difficult living room wall, but found a set already made and lit for $16 on sale at Target.  Checked that off my list.

I've been thinking about making one of those jewelry trees in a frame.  I've got the perfect wide silver frame and a ton of rhinestone jewelry (most of it cheaply made new stuff, so I don't have to worry about destroying vintage).  But I've started thinking it doesn't have to be a tree--could be a cat or something I could display year-round.  I figured out that I have enough sparklies to make a peacock, a flamingo, AND a tree, and could make them interchangeable in the frame.

We stopped exchanging gifts with our siblings a long time ago, so nothing to craft there. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
VexingVendibles
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015 02:42:51 PM »

I'm going to also jump on the board for this, I've been working (and by working I mean buying...) some things already, but now it's time to buckle down on to Christmas crafting.

Name :: idea, work in progress, completed, purchase

Boyfriend :: Hawkeye blanket, Star Wars R2D2 crochet hat, two Hawkeye figures, Star Wars Fluxx game, book, Fallout mystery figure, Hawkeye watercolor painting
Boyfriend's Oldest :: Plue amigurumi, Totoro ornament, watercolor kit
Boyfriend's Youngest :: Kirby amigurumi, Smash Bros ornament

Parents :: ornaments, coffees
Sister :: sugar scrub, NBC Zero amigurumi, Oogie Boogie plush, Pooh Bear stickers
Nephew :: dinosaur shoes, dinosaur hat
Friend K :: sugar scrub, Stark Industries coat, Iron Man arm warmers, Iron Man funko, Hulk cup
Friend Mfem :: socks, lipbalm, self care stuff, sugar scrub, infinity scarf
Friend Male :: Batman hat, beer soap
Friend A :: sugar scrub, X-Men PJ pants, socks
Friend H :: sugar scrub, hat, ornament
Friend P :: sugar scrub, domo hat, ornament, NBC Jack amigurumi
Friend S :: Pizza hat, Buddha figures

Coworkers :: cookie/chocolate goodie bag, truffles, cards, coffee/tea scrubs
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015 05:50:51 PM by VexingVendibles » THIS ROCKS   Logged
toearthwithlove
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015 10:47:54 PM »

My plans for this Christmas are all over the map! Everyone in our family has very limited funds, and I've got a huge stash of yarn and fabric.  Grin

MY LIST FOR 2015:

ADULTS

MIL - Thinking about making a shadow box with a cut map inside of her favourite place in the world and a quote
SIL#1 & BIL #1 - Their own personalized stationary kit since they're leaving the country in January. Using our leftover wedding stationary and this really cool tutorial with washi tape.
SIL#2 - Stash of beautiful fabrics and/or a DIY kit for creating your own beautiful scarf
BIL#2 - NO IDEA. Suggestions?
DH - With a birthday on Dec 18th, it's difficult. I want to get him a new baseball hat since he need it.
DH's Best Friend - Making him an article of clothing.

KIDS

Niece: Thinking a handmade plushie or a handmade dress.
Nephew: Clothing made from our website

GENERAL HOLIDAY TO DOs:

Christmas Cards - probably e-cards this year designed on photoshop
Holiday Baking - Pies, cookies
Making stockings for everyone in the family who doesn't have one yet
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015 07:58:44 AM by kittykill - Reason: to comply with Craftster's guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres something very special about crafts that are made with love and intention the intention is that theyre going to be used

www.toearthwithlove.com
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015 10:42:28 PM »

I've finished most of my christmas gift-list. Changed my mind and omitted quite a bit, too. Making great progress for the first time in years! Baby is due in less than 2 weeks- so I'd say I'm right on track as far as advanced holiday-planning.

I still have to cross these off the list:

1. All but one of the men
2. 1 adult woman because I have to ship her gift across the country
3. General holiday to-dos.

toearthwithlove, here's my past well-received handmade gifts for the men:

1- food related baskets:
SNACKING: beef jerky, salsa, popcorn, nuts (especially cashews), etc.
SNACKING version 2: summer sausage, crackers, with cheese spreads.
GRILLING THEME: grilling rubs paired with bbq sauces.
SWEETS: cookies, brownies, chocolates, etc. 

2. stenciled shirts
3. etched glasses/shotglasses
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY PINTEREST
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015 01:26:04 PM »

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

Finished everyone on my gift list, except 1-2 men and stocking stuffers for my littles.
Still have general to-dos. Will probably make the stocking for baby boy #3 soon and the gravesite decor. I really want the gravesite decor done before my son is born. We'll see.

Running out of time before he's here. DUE in FIVE DAYS!!!! Yikes. I need to finish finish finish finish!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY PINTEREST
myloveasdeep
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015 06:52:04 AM »

I've been working on building up my herb garden for the past two years, and I harvested and dried TONS of stuff this summer! I've got a few herbal teas I'm making for people out of that.

Solstice Tea: dried cranberries, dried orange peel, peppermint, cinnamon stick

Relax Tea: lavender, lemon balm, skullcap

Daughter, 2: Making: crocheted Jake the Dog doll, red velvet riding hood, fairy tale shadow puppets, MAYBE wood blocks from the fallen birch tree in our yard. Buying: Red Riding Hood and Puss in Boots books, magnetic drawing toy, wind up toys, big cardboard blocks, pajamas and Christmas outfit.

Husband: Making: PB puppy chow, picture of him and our daughter in a wood frame with a woodburned quote..not sure what yet  Buying: pens, Dance Dance Revolution, Sagan's Cosmos series on DVD, Mjolnir pendant, pajamas, solar fire starter, Japanese panda candy.

Friend J: Making: Woodburned goddess spoon, a few medicinal teas I know she's comfy with that I will create just for her.

Friend C: Making:  medicinal teas I know she's comfy with, homemade pumpkin spice syrup

Friend H: Making:  Solstice Tea, tub tea

Brother/SIL: Making: white embroidery on black cloth of their names and wedding year

ILS, Nonnie, Great-aunt: Making: Shutterfly photo book of daughter's year (Aunt will also get Solstice and Relax teas)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015 06:55:39 AM by myloveasdeep » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/myloveasdeep/

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...