A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dried flower arrangement  (Read 789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

novacasia
« on: August 11, 2012 04:19:14 PM »

Last year, I bought a hanging gourd from the Mount Gretna Arts Fest.  I didn't want to display the gourd until I found something suitable to place inside it.  About a month or two ago, I decided to dry some flowers from my garden and create a dried flower display.  Here is how I did it:

1.  I took small clusters of rudbeckia, yarrow, and lavender (taking care to give them long stems) and bound them at the end of their stems with a rubber band.  As the stems dry, the rubber band will shrink, and keep the bundle together.

2.  To each bundle, I hooked a paper clip through the rubber band (I unfolded it once).

3.  I hung a string in my living room (a low moisture room) between two hooks and hung the flower bundles (the flowers hang upside down) using the paper clips as hooks.

4. After the flowers were dry -- I allowed them to dry for about a month -- I took them down, carefully cut off the rubber bands, and arranged the flowers in my gourd.

5.  I had decided that I wanted to have a decorative hook, so I used wire and beads to create a hook.  Unfortunately, the details of the hook were covered once I hung up the gourd, so I may eventually use the hook for something else.  It was fun making the hook, so I may make more of them.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012 02:30:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Erin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Julia Sweeney on Motherhood
Julie Sarkissian on Her Lead Character From Dear Lucy
Sabin Willett on the Inspiration Behind Abide With Me
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Better Sleep
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Improving Your Sex Life
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...