A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,239
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Round 7 Swap Sendouts 10/1/12  (Read 38935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2012 04:22:56 PM »

sent last night, can't wait for my partner to recieve

on the subject of the last episode, am i the only one that found it a bit disapointing? i mean the ending wasn't bad but as a whole i thought there could have been more to it. i also didn't realize that was the last episode til next year which has me pissed but then again i'm still pissed the season didn't even start until fall instead of its usual easter start date

ok now for spoilers
Eiseldora - tell your husband i was thinking the exact same thing the whole time, that seriously bothered me, cuz its not like it did it a little it was quite a ways off *spoilers* i mean its on a freaking island by itself how the hell did it get to manhattan, wha'ts it gonna sink to the bottom of the ocean and walk across? cuz i'm pretty sure they can't fly or teleport, makes no freaking sense

shynii- *spoilers* i dont get it either because they've never said anything about angels being able to turn other stone statues into angels, cuz that wouldnt make sense because they're a living creature that turns to stone not a stone that became a living creature, so when river said they've replaced all the statues in NY i assumed that meant they got rid of the regular statues and took thier place, but either way it doesn't make sense for the statue of liberty to be an angel because the statue of liberty isn't stone and doesn't look like stone and even if by some miracle noone noticed the statue running off to manhattan in the middle of the night, you'd think they'd notice the color of the statue of liberty changing. also, the height is off, when the detective goes to the elevator it says there's 22 stories, and the statue of liberty is about the hight of a 22 story building but that's including the base and pedistal and even if somehow it brought the pesdistal with it that would make the building even with the statue not at neck level 

ok sorry for all the ranting, but that was really bothering me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2012 04:56:18 PM »

I also thought the last episode was kind of lame. spoilers: I did like how they made it so that Amy/Rory were permanently out of the show but didn't die instantly. However, as other commenters on IMDB have noted, he said that he couldn't land the TARDIS in New York, but what would stop Amy and Rory from, say, travelling to Chicago? What would stop the Doctor from landing the TARDIS somewhere else in the same time period and communting to New York? Why can River go to New York to give Amy the book? Why doesn't that mess up the timeline? I also was disappointed with this season's episodes so far because they don't really connect at all. And I think the fact that they haven't really brought up the fact that the Doctor was supposed to die but didn't is kind of stupid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Dra

Life is only what you make it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2012 05:23:23 PM »

Spoilers! I definitely agree. I was really confused at a lot of different aspects of the episode. I'm definitely going to have to rewatch the ep! But I was confused that in all of New York not a single person was looking at the Statue Angel? Yea right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shynii
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2012 07:47:46 PM »

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused with that last episode. But Doctor Who doesn't always make sense. Think of the ending to season 3!

I am sad that we have to wait until Christmas, though. It was hard enough waiting, what, a year and a half for season 7 to even start and now it feels like it's gone so fast >_< Even though I'm done crafting and have sent my swap package, I think I'll keep making Doctor Who stuff to pass the time. Watch more of the classic stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dr. Who Swap - Success!
Interested in Personal Swaps

My Blog: http://castlelabyrinth.wordpress.com
My DeviantArt: http://shynii.deviantart.com
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #354 on: October 03, 2012 12:26:54 AM »

I will also have to rewatch the episode and pay more attention. Spoilers, kind of. I was satisfied with the ending. I've always had a feeling that's how they would leave. Maybe Rory wouldn't have left quite so suddenly, but that's okay. Still sad to see him go, though.

I finished today about a half hour after the post office closed, so i will be sending tomorrow. Gave me time to add in a fun, little extra.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
ivoryh1632
« Reply #355 on: October 03, 2012 01:50:28 AM »

I also thought the last episode was kind of lame. spoilers:

kinda spoilers- I've noticed a lack of connection to a bigger story pretty much since moffat took over, even when there was a bigger story they did it weird. and i'm also really confused about the timeline issues, i'd have thought that ever since they realized river was their daughter it would have caused a huge time paradox like when rose touched herself as a baby and those teradactyl things came in to try and fix the paradox. but it really pissed me off cuz in Blink they said you can't go back and visit someone when they were younger that's why that cop that got sent back couldn't look up the chick he had to wait till he was all old, but now the angel victims can have their young self come visit them and there's no time destroying paradox? and seriously if the doctor can cross into another dimention again to say goodbye to rose i'm sure he can find a way to meet up with amy and rory that's not in new york. the whole episode just felt kinda lazy to me, like they didn't think all these things through. and it also bugged me how river kept calling the doctor "husband" when they never actually got married it was like a fake marriage. and it didn't make sense how river's always begging the doctor to stick around and be with her and he offered to have her stay with him and she said no, i mean she said yes but then was like "oh but i'm never gonna be around" ugh, i really hope the second half of the season is better. oh and also very pissed about noone mentioning him dying, i've been waiting for some huge crazy reveal with what all that meant with him dying but not dying and then they just kinda leave it and act like it was nothing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012 07:31:45 PM by ivoryh1632 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilusa
What?

Beep Boop

« Reply #356 on: October 03, 2012 07:37:51 AM »

I'm not surprised this season has sucked.  I've only seen 3 episodes so far, but the show has been going downhill since Moffat took over.  It's basically a kids show now. Semi spoiler: Dinosaurs? On a space ship? OH COME ON!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Available for Private Swaps (including ATCs)

Gallery of my crafts: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lilusa/library/Crafts%20and%20such
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #357 on: October 03, 2012 09:07:38 AM »

It's basically a kids show now.
...isn't is technically SUPPOSED to be a kids show?  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2012 05:01:15 PM »

I'm not surprised this season has sucked.  I've only seen 3 episodes so far, but the show has been going downhill since Moffat took over. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #359 on: October 03, 2012 05:12:14 PM »

@lilusa: Hush now, that ep was fantastic. Because Lestrade! Well, Rupert Graves. but y'know.

I guess I'm in the minority now, but I really love the seasons Moffat did. I LOVE the season-long plot arcs. And yeah, this season was a little slow so far, but let's recall that Davies has some very silly, unconnected episodes too.

Spoilers: Rory never touched himself, so the bad don't-touch-yourself creatures (heh) didn't show up/create a paradox. I'm with you guys about the statue of Liberty though. Clearly they just wanted a cool visual.

Re: River/marriage: Totally married. Time Lords have weird marriages, IDK. But totally married and I, for one, love it. The reason they can't be together all the time is because of their previous/future timeline interactions, ie Silence in the Library. They're not synced up quite right and IRRC the library thing is kind of fixed point.

I quite liked the episode despite its flaws. Not really sure how the angels replaced all the statues or w/e and the Statue of Liberty was silly and obviously they could have parked the TARDIS in like, Queens or something to fetch Rory. I think the reason they didn't just commute in to NYC is partially because the Doctor knew from the book that he wouldn't see Amy again. And I think it was also that Amy, being faced with the loss of her husband AGAIN sort of decided on a whim that she chose Rory, forever, and that was it and it didn't matter if she never saw the Doctor again. Rory was gone NOW and she needed to get to him. I don't know. I've given it a lot of thought.

Also, was it someone on here that pointed out Amy's grave said Amy Williams instead of Rory Pond? I thought that was lovely (if a bit against my feminist sentiments). Another way of showing Amy chose Rory over the Doctor, even when it might have been possible to still have both.

My thoughts, let me show you them. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Components of a Digital Camera
Understanding Digital Camera Functions
The Role of a Digital Camera Memory Card
Understanding the Mega Pixel
How to Prepare Your Digital Camera for Use
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...