A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Round 7 Swap Sendouts 10/1/12  (Read 38646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012 12:03:35 PM »

Whatever the words are I want all my sci fi/fantasy now and not have it dragged out.

Yes I know that Watson needs to film Hobbit which I anticipate loving, but I want them both sooner rather than later.

I'd also be quite happy if Sherlock had an adventure with the doctor while Watson is on his vacation down under.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012 03:24:39 PM »

Have you heard Christopher Eccleston is supposed to play a villain in the next Thor film? Because EXCITE. Also, Rupert Graves (Lestrade) is supposed to show up somewhere in this season of Doctor Who.

I'm totally with you though. Moar Who nao plz.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012 03:48:52 PM »

I DLed the Ninth, and watched the first five episodes last night. I like Nine, though not as much as Eleven. Nine doesn't like kids, Eleven is bros with Stormageddon. I'm still interested in seeing what Ten is like. As far as companions go, Rose is driving me up the damn wall. Stop waiting for him to save you and take control of your own life! I know she's a companion in the next series and I really hope she becomes more impressive. If she stays like this, I'm gonna edit my signup to put her as my least favourite character.

In other news, I really don't need to spend any more money buying only available for one day tshirts on the internet, but I love this Doctor Who shirt: http://www.qwertee.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Spoopy
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2012 05:38:56 PM »

ahaha that shirt is so funny/amazing gala! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2012 06:21:07 PM »

Questionnaire sent! I've been re-watching DW for the umpteenth time so I'm inspired to do some DW crafting. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2012 07:07:11 PM »

I used to watch Dr who as a child. If i wanted to get into it so I could join next round, where would I start?
The last Dr who I saw had a large red fro if that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shynii
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2012 07:33:21 PM »

So whose version are you using? I know there are different ones out there, so that makes it incredibly confusing. Maybe DW Officials should adopt one of them. That would be pretty cool.

I've been using is the Loren Sherman version. It's so frustrating! Maybe it's because I'm tired and can't get a grasp of it. I really want to use some of it in this swap, so I may just end up winging it if I can't do it properly. Engraving metal with Gallifreyan text would be so beautiful!

---The rest of this post is spoiler-rific if you haven't seen the newer series---

I DLed the Ninth, and watched the first five episodes last night. I like Nine, though not as much as Eleven. Nine doesn't like kids, Eleven is bros with Stormageddon. I'm still interested in seeing what Ten is like.

He's not my favorite either, but don't give up on Nine! He's supposed to be quite rough, he's just been through an ordeal with the Last Great Time War. So I know it's never fully explained, but he has somehow caused the complete destruction of not only the Daleks but the Time Lords as well (but Daleks are like roaches and the Master is.. well, the Master). So he's pretty cynical at this point. And even though Rose is whiney and a bit frivolous, she is very important in the "re-humanizing" of the Doctor. Without Nine, and subsequently Ten (swoon), Eleven would not be as awesome as he is! ::steps off soapbox::

I recommend watching The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. Such a great story! And you get to meet the amazing Captain Jack, who I think may be coming back sometime this season (though rumors can never be trusted!). Just think of the great dialogue possibilities! The Captain and the Doctor with another new (rather handsome) face! Or with River. That just sounds awesome, River with her flirty/feisty nature and Jack with his flirty/cocky boyishness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dr. Who Swap - Success!
Interested in Personal Swaps

My Blog: http://castlelabyrinth.wordpress.com
My DeviantArt: http://shynii.deviantart.com
chughes225
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2012 08:34:05 PM »

Im very excited for this swap and for the new season of dw. My daughter just started getting into it which is making this season even more exciting. I cant wait for partners and crafting   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilusa
What?

Beep Boop

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2012 08:25:51 AM »

I used to watch Dr who as a child. If i wanted to get into it so I could join next round, where would I start?
The last Dr who I saw had a large red fro if that helps.

Just start with the 9th Doctor, that is, the new doctor who episodes. I reccommend starting with The Empty Child (this others have said) and then going back and watching the other episodes, if you like it.  I'm not a big 9th Fan, but the bad wolf story line is good, so just watch it! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Available for Private Swaps (including ATCs)

Gallery of my crafts: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/lilusa/library/Crafts%20and%20such
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2012 09:27:42 AM »

My partner and I just got some people into New Who and this is the order we did it:

1. Blink (Excellent first ep for introducing the concept since it's from the pov of an outsider)
2. Pilot (so we have any idea who Rose is)
3. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (clearly the best of nine and my favorite)

I started with Blink and then watched the season with nine. Some of the ones for nine are a little silly but I have a high tolerance for silly television so I just watched them all).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Buying and Thawing Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 1
Roast the Perfect Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 5
Turkey Leftovers at Midnight - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 7
Making Gravy and Carving Holiday Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 6
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...