A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "my country doesn't have that" swap signups CLOSED Send By 8/24/2005  (Read 25541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lrschic
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2005 04:41:33 PM »

One thing I just thought about that people could include would be a cd of some local band, or music that is specific to, or came from your country/state. Just a thought.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
momcsp
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2005 05:05:59 PM »

Well, I am in sunny beachy Florida which, frankly, bores me to tears- BUT.... maybe some of you would be interested in shells, alligator thingies, we have tons of tacky tourist things, nautical items.
I know I would love love to get anything different than these things for myself.
Any interest?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not a fleas breath of doubt...
momcsp
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2005 05:27:35 PM »

Oh- and I have the Salvador Dali museum here if anyone is into his stuff. And I can get a lot of sharks teeth- some people make some cool crafts with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not a fleas breath of doubt...
supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2005 05:32:13 PM »

Is there anyone from germany in the swap? I lived there for a bit in high shool and absolutly loved this candy

that looks yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2005 06:40:26 PM »

okay, i signed up.

i just wanted to say that i'm cool with sending someone a sari if that's what they want, but that's probably all they would get from me, and they'd have to be willing to send an equal swap package, because saris cost between $20-$30 each. sorry if that seems sucky, but i didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, and i also don't want to spend that much money unless my partner understands how much i'm spending!

i'd also be willing to swap with two different people (from different places, obviously), and send them each half a sari (so they'd get about 3 1/4 yards each and i'd throw in a few other things) if that's acceptable, because i know that it's really hard to find indian stuff in other places without paying exhorbitant prices. but i'm not sure how other people in the swap would feel about me basically participating twice.

and i like lrschic's idea about the cd of local music. vancouver's got some really awesome artists.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2005 07:06:37 PM »

Shocked i can live w/o a sari...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
stopmoshun
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2005 07:29:01 PM »

I hate to do this but the U.S Americans are cut off. THe tally is up to 27 people and US is still outweighing the whole "other country" for this swap. So if this works out maybe there can be a round 2. So sorry.  Cry

and i was totally thinking about the cd thing too. its a great idea. and some of you have also told me what you can provide which i think is great and helps me match people up.

We still need 14 - 17 "other countries"

ps, i just thought i'd share, i've been organizing and checking everyone's profile for the last hour and half, and my bum is sweaty and stuck to the seat. sorry thats gross, i know.  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005 09:16:59 AM by stopmoshun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

super geek

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2005 08:17:39 PM »

Haha, sorry, I really don't need a sari, I know some Indian peoplem so they can help me find a place to get them.  Sorry I got so carried away.  Also, who is in the swap and who isn't?  I signed up before the post above, but I'm American, so I have no idea.  Sorry for sounding crazy and demanding.  Pwease forgive me.  Also, I live near the Finger Lakes, and they're sorta known for wine and stuff like that, so if someone wants something from there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
craftykate
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2005 09:55:37 PM »

oh I just thought of more stuff I can send. I have a bunch of friends in local bands. I love the idea of sending local music. On some other thread I remember reading someone was  looking to get something they carry at Archie McPhee's. It's this crazy Seattle store that sells all kinds of weird stuff like rubber chickens and meat shaped stickers. It's great.
www.mcphee.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2005 10:37:33 PM »

i'm sorry if i sounded too bitchy!

now i've scared everyone off!

i'm totally cool with sending a sari if that's what someone wants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seven-Minute Frosting for Coconut Cupcakes
Dairy Free Cupcake Frosting Recipe
No-Cook Nutella Ice Cream Recipe
Dulce De Leche Ice Cream Recipe
Date Custard Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...