A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what clothes do you actually LIKE to wear? :)  (Read 1672 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

n173
« on: August 11, 2012 05:16:19 AM »

hi all, i'm new here and thought i'd find out what everyone's personal style is. i'll go first- i'm a shorts and girly top girl. it can never be totally casual- like shorts or a t-shirt. hate all jeans and pants, for the most part. love blazers but don't own any yet. love dresses and skirts. have a current weakness for crochet. your turn Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CarinaJo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012 12:33:57 PM »

I'm a recent convert to light summer dresses because going to the gym has had the unexpected benefit of thickening my glutes & thighs, making pants somewhat uncomfortable and hard to find.  Linen is also a new summer love, so lightweight and versatile!! 

This fall/winter, I'm trying to get out of jeans and cardigans. Most likely, it'll be dresses, tunics, tights/leggings & long cardigans, brogues, knee boots & booties. 
As an elementary school teacher, comfort is paramount but I've also got to look professional. My personal goal this school year is no more denim (ok, maybe cut it back to once a week?) if it's not a field trip (or snow).

Thanks for asking this!! It really helped me solidify my wardrobe plans for this school year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
n173
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012 06:04:12 PM »

haha happy to help! i always believe teachers get to dress so well. seeking a teaching job myself actually- you gotta look neat and well put together but get to experiment SO much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VilePhoenix
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012 12:45:36 AM »

At home I wear tshirts and sweatpants, I like being comfortable! I change into jeans if I leave the house. When I want to dress up a bit I wear one of the skirts I've made, usually over leggings, I love short skirts but don't have the body to really show them off. I also have a thing for singlet tops with spaghetti straps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

n173
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012 08:31:23 PM »

thank you for replying Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
n173
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012 07:26:01 PM »

you honestly wear a lehenga?? i'm from india too and have NEVER seen anyone on the streets wear that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012 10:40:49 AM »

I'm a slave to secretary blouses. I own far, far too many considering I don't work in an office.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012 09:11:41 PM »

well I LOVE to wear dresses. They make me feel instantly sexy, even without doing my hair or make up.

i also really like wearing clothes that i've made or altered, although i always feel nervous that 1 sleeve is longer than the other, or that people are going to think it looks crappy, or something. never really the case--i actually tend to get a lot more compliments when i'm wearing something i've made, and the responses are awesome after i tell them i made it.

alas, i haven't made too much practical stuff from scratch yet -- still learning

and dresses---my lifestyle is very boring at times--the only places i ever go are to the stores, to the one class (all my classes are independent study and i meet with the teacher twice a week--i'm an art major), and to the gym (to which i wear gym clothes lol)

this is probably the reason why i'm making a fabulous dress for my birthday in a week, and why i'll be making a fabulous dress to wear to my senior art show this winter.

so what do i like to wear that is practical? in summer, i tend to wear cut off yoga pants (cut just below the knee) and girly t-shirts or a tank top with a short sleeved crochet cardigan (sensitive about my arms).

and around the house i love to wear the BF's big t-shirts with paint stains. He's 6'4 so his t-shirts are dresses for me... very unfitted dresses, lol. but they make me feel thinner  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
n173
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012 12:41:15 AM »

well I LOVE to wear dresses. They make me feel instantly sexy, even without doing my hair or make up.

i also really like wearing clothes that i've made or altered, although i always feel nervous that 1 sleeve is longer than the other, or that people are going to think it looks crappy, or something. never really the case--i actually tend to get a lot more compliments when i'm wearing something i've made, and the responses are awesome after i tell them i made it.

alas, i haven't made too much practical stuff from scratch yet -- still learning

and dresses---my lifestyle is very boring at times--the only places i ever go are to the stores, to the one class (all my classes are independent study and i meet with the teacher twice a week--i'm an art major), and to the gym (to which i wear gym clothes lol)

this is probably the reason why i'm making a fabulous dress for my birthday in a week, and why i'll be making a fabulous dress to wear to my senior art show this winter.

so what do i like to wear that is practical? in summer, i tend to wear cut off yoga pants (cut just below the knee) and girly t-shirts or a tank top with a short sleeved crochet cardigan (sensitive about my arms).

and around the house i love to wear the BF's big t-shirts with paint stains. He's 6'4 so his t-shirts are dresses for me... very unfitted dresses, lol. but they make me feel thinner  Grin

thanks for your reply- the fact that you refashion your boyfriend's shirts for yourself makes me smile Smiley i absolutely love dresses too. oddly enough i've never refashioned anything- i'm a beginner as well and always only started making clothes from scratch. i also fear i'm not clever enough to refashion, plus the fact that i get bored of old clothes/wear them out and would rather replace them. but yes, making something on your own makes you so alert for criticism but i'm SURE people don't look around for flaws in other's clothes Wink in fact i too get more compliments on what i sew cause i can get the best of fabrics and size! only thing is so far the styles are kept simple cause i don't know much. thanks again really enjoyed reading Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicholasliggins
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012 02:33:39 AM »

Well,I have good knowledge about what looks best on girls..according to me dresses and skirts looks best on girls.
Hey can boys participate in this telling what clothes they like to wear?
So here i go-I  like  jeans and shirts and blazers.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012 02:39:19 AM by nicholasliggins » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Messy Braid Bun
Breaking Down the Myths About Locs
How to Get the Perfect Ariana Grande & Iggy Azalea High Ponytail
How to Wake Up With Waves
Blowout Troubles? What Products You Need for a Week of Great Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...