A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: S.P.E.W. (Charity Crafting)  (Read 42731 times)
Tags for this thread: charity  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2013 06:31:02 PM »

I'm glad you are over here, too, Ant Bee. You lend such happy, playful energy to any craftalong! Smiley

*Blushing* Aww shucks, thanks Abbee! *twirls foot in dirt*
----

Actually, I really needed that bc I've been looking for a job forEVER and (finally!) had an interview yesterday that seemed like a great fit from the ad, but then between making the interview appointment and the actual face-to-face "things had changed" and now they aren't sure whether it will be FT or PT or even what the pay range might be. Erg. I really should just go back to talent wrangling, but I really wanted to keep most nights and weekends free for all the family events that I missed during the 10 years I was stage managing. I got spoiled with my last events gig- Monday through Friday, what!? Sigh...

So, anyway, back to the thread topic: Abbeeroad's kindly crafted message to me counts as a SPEW project in my book. Thanks!

Also: @JennieIngram, I saw a bunch of kiddie craft-type beads at my Michael's in the "As-Is" bin. Do you need any for your Caitlin bags?  I can pick them up and mail them to you if you do.  It looked like they were only about $1.50 per approx. a half cup to a cup in each. Lmk and I'll go back to see if they are still there for you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 06:45:26 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2013 09:49:18 AM »

So, anyway, back to the thread topic: Abbeeroad's kindly crafted message to me counts as a SPEW project in my book. Thanks!

Grin

Good luck with the job search! I'm really feeling a need for a career switch, but the job market at the moment scares me. I'll just have to increase my SPEW work to bring more meaning into my life, since my job is clearly falling short....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2013 12:56:50 PM »

I've made 10 more 6" squares for PRR, mostly in Gryffindor colors. Smiley And a variegated square in autumn colors.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2013 01:34:32 PM »

Grin

Good luck with the job search! I'm really feeling a need for a career switch, but the job market at the moment scares me. I'll just have to increase my SPEW work to bring more meaning into my life, since my job is clearly falling short....

Thanks, Abbee! I would definitely rec comend finding joy in the crafting/volunteer world if you don't HATE your job, and it also never hurts to keep an eye on what's out there. As "they" say, it's often easier to find a job when onehas a job so, you never know! 

@Nisforneville: Might I ask what yarn your variegated fall colors is?  It has a great look to it and I *might* be freeing up some room under the bed soon for more yarn...  (Shh, don't tell anyone!)

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
nisforneville

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2013 02:37:22 PM »

@Nisforneville: Might I ask what yarn your variegated fall colors is?  It has a great look to it and I *might* be freeing up some room under the bed soon for more yarn...  (Shh, don't tell anyone!)

Happy Crafting!
[/quote]

Sorry, my grandma picks up yarn for me at thrift stores and this one came without the label, so I have no idea what brand or anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2013 03:14:01 PM »

So... What I'm hearing is "Buy all the yarn that looks kinda like the pic until you find it." Is that what you're saying? OK! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2013 04:27:10 PM »

So... What I'm hearing is "Buy all the yarn that looks kinda like the pic until you find it." Is that what you're saying? OK! Wink

haha, yes, that sounds good! Wink It's probably Red Heart if that narrows it down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sdelnegro514
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2013 05:45:46 PM »

I found the Heart Pillow Project a few months ago while searching for something to do for S.P.E.W.
They provide two different sized patterns to create heart shaped pillows to go under the arm of someone
who has just undergone surgery for breast cancer.  The link is http://www.heartpillow.dk/.

I made two pillows of each size several months ago for my mom who had surgery back in the fall.  She's loved the pillows and found the larger of the two sizes more comfortable for at home, and thought the smaller ones would be good for car rides.  Thankfully she healed/recovered post-op very quickly, so now they are just cute decorative pillows.   Grin  I will try and get photos up soon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013 06:02:44 PM by sdelnegro514 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2013 06:03:53 PM »

haha, yes, that sounds good! Wink It's probably Red Heart if that narrows it down.

I just looked through the Red Heart website, and it looks closest to the "Fall" colorway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2013 09:00:32 AM »

Oooo...I like the heart pillow project! Thanks for sharing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create New Sequences Quickly in Premiere Pro CS5
What Not to Do During an Acting Audition
Good Advice for Young Directors
How to Approach a Monologue in Acting
How to Cast Actors for a Play
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...