A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: S.P.E.W. (Charity Crafting)  (Read 40925 times)
Tags for this thread: charity  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plaidpineapple
« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2013 05:17:24 PM »

jenleahlynn what a great way to get the kids involved!  Being involved in service is so important to learn but finding ways to involve the kids can be a feat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

N is for Neville who died of ennui

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2013 07:27:44 PM »

I've been bad about posting what I've finished. My most recent was 26 six-inch squares to Pine Ridge, and 2 strips to Project 40.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013 07:31:28 PM by nisforneville » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2013 08:14:03 PM »

Wow, that's great Nisforneville!

I know what you mean about not posting as often as you craft. I have to get back in thehabit of sharing over here what I share on the HPC board.

Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2013 08:22:17 PM »

::Sound of rattling gets nearer and nearer::

Hi!

I'm here to invite you to join our club!  It's called S.P.E.W. (not spew, don't listen to Ron.) We work our crafty magic to help make the world a kinder place. 2 Sickles buys a badge ::rattles box at you::  And you can post projects anytime!

If you need ideas you can check out Pinkleo's club-house notice board on page 1. http://tinyurl.com/apevjax (Sorry, I can't remember how to do that in a prettier way)

Over on the HP craftalong we have named Sunday S.P.E.W. Sunday and I try to make a note of any charity crafting that's happened over there so I'll add this thread to my Sunday review, too!

I really hope you join, we just have to do something!

Oh,  think I see someone over here I haven't told about S.P.E.W. so I'm going to go chat them up.  You can leave your 2 sickles with the treasurer and we'll make sure you get your badge!

Bye bye!
::Hustles off toward a frightened looking first year with her badges rattling in the box::

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
SiakelA

Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2013 07:35:18 PM »

Hi all! I have a bunch of supplies for pillowcase dresses, so I might try and bust out some of those. I've done it before (with help) and donated to http://www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog/. The only problem right now is lack of time!

Just thought I would check in. You guys are awesome. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2013 07:46:41 PM »

Thanks for popping by, SiakelaA!

That recipient organization looks very sweet, and a great incentive for using up some fabric stashes! 

Thanks for the tip and come back soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kriSmith
« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2013 06:47:30 AM »

You guys are doing great. I need to get my crafty butt in gear. I haven't done much for awhile. My Duck's Unlimited banquet is going to sneak up on me. 

I've got a private swap going n for some things for my women's raffle. So I have to make a few TM patches and some jelly. I figure if I can do some private swaps I can get a variety of things for the raffle. 

I am working on charms for a charm bracelet. I want to make some coasters and magnets this weekend. I had a great idea for a wall art project that I can't wait to start on too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
Naantje
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2013 08:18:27 AM »

Question for people who live in areas where charities only accept monetary donations or volunteering hours: how do you craft for charity? In my area (Belgium) I haven't found any charities that accept crafts, and shipping abroad is so expensive! The occasional initiative I come across is either a local elementary school crafting things with the kids and donating the proceeds to a cause, which I can hardly participate in, as I don't have children yet and am in no way affiliated with a school. Also: they sell the children's crafts, not those of grown-ups! If it's not a school, it is a church, and while I applaud their initiatives, I'm just not comfortable to craft for a religious organisation ...

I understand why most charities prefer monetary donations, but I spend so much idle time on the train etc. that I like to fill with crafting, and it would be good to see that go towards a good cause. I'm really not sure how to go about this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
SiakelA

Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2013 08:33:28 AM »

Naantje, instead of looking at organizations that accept donations, why not call around to places like hospitals, old folks homes, day cares, or anything like that. At the very least, blankets should be welcome!

If you like to bake, I'm sure any police or fire stations would welcome a treat. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2013 09:07:37 AM »

Naantje, instead of looking at organizations that accept donations, why not call around to places like hospitals, old folks homes, day cares, or anything like that. At the very least, blankets should be welcome!

If you like to bake, I'm sure any police or fire stations would welcome a treat. Smiley

Great ideas, SiakelA! I'd also add giving a call to local animal rescues and/or shelters an hospitals. They often will accept blankets and things. Worth a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Keep Calm and Bake: How to Make a Traditional Golden Syrup Tart
Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Easy Cheese Danish Recipe
Easy Gooey Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Churros Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...