These are great! Did you do it as one continuous piece, or did you split it in segments and then sew it together?
Different parts! Lots of assembly involved with these, but nothing difficult.
First, I made the head, just a simple knitted ball.
For the bodies of Charmander and Squirtle, I just made the "ball" a little longer; Bulbasaur's body is more round than oval so his is just a second ball.
All the limbs are just variations on little ovals and sewn on. I crocheted little disk shapes for Charmander's belly and Squirtle's shell and sewed/glued them on.
Squirtle's tail is just a long tube I rolled up and sewed like that.
So yeah! Lots of little parts
Hope this helps anyone who wants to try their hand at 'em.
Dat Bulbasaur! He is so flippin' cute, but they're all amazing. I hope that I can one day knit/crochet things without a pattern.
I was up at 2 AM when it hit me that I really wanted to knit a bulbasaur. I'd never ever tried to knit amigurumi before but I stayed up all night making a little bulbasaur doll. The first one I made was horribly ugly XD
But yeah, I've never been able to crochet without a pattern but I guess I understand knitting better *shrug* I made these three next, and it was pretty easy. Maybe you should just go for it! I know my first bulbasaur was awful,but it led to these