A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Belle (Img heavy)  (Read 1214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillrbassett
« on: August 07, 2012 12:30:26 PM »

A friend from work’s cousin offered to pay me to make Belle’s gold dress from Beauty and the Beast for Disneyland’s Halloween Party this October. This is a picture of the unfinished bodice. I improvised the shoulder pieces and was happily surprised with the way they turned out.

The dress:

The bodice:

The Zipper (my nightmare):

The customer:

Belle’s dress was actually one of the only princess dresses I never wanted to attempt. The skirt was too intimidating and I could never find any patterns for it. I’m using two old McCalls pattern i’ve had for a few years. The bodice in the pattern is intended to be laced up either the sides or the front and back depending on the one you choose. This is the same pattern I used for my Princess Tiana dress. The skirt is a basic big skirt to fit a petticoat. The patterns are sold separately but I imagine they’re intended to be bought together for a renaissance fair.

The girl I’m making it for is slightly larger than I am so the patterns I’ve used so many times have been cut for my size. I searched multiple stores with patterns and could not find the pattern in her size. So I measured the distance between the sizes that were there, the distance between size 12 and 14 etc, and did the math to add centimeters to the pattern I have, so far it’s fitting my dress form (adjusted to her measurements) perfectly!  I love this pattern. I use it all the time and it’s so easy!

We agreed on $250 for the dress. She was very pleased with the result, and so am I!
C&C appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012 01:09:06 AM by jillrbassett » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Message me if you're interested in buying custom costumes.

Sometimes I blog here: http://jillrbassett.wordpress.com/
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012 06:46:52 AM »

Looking good! That shoulder swag is so pretty! Hope you post how you're working out the skirt Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fourth of July Chicken Salad Recipe
How to Make Sweet Corn Succotash
How to Make Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes
How to Make Perfect Grilled Chicken Wings for Fourth of July
How to Make a Sriracha and Stout Barbecue Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...