A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jean Legs?  (Read 2544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jjjgrace
« on: August 07, 2012 11:18:13 AM »

Recently, I turned a pair of old jeans into shorts. Now I'm left with the two jean legs I cut off.
I was looking at tutorials online to get ideas, and almost all of them are bags. I do love bags, but I already have one too many  Wink
In the past, I made a vest out of jean legs, that turned out really well, but I don't really need another one

Any different ideas for what to do with them?
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012 04:11:30 PM »

It's good hardwearing fabric, could you use a gardening apron?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
crafty_tech
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012 10:51:33 AM »

I am currently using a bunch of jean legs to make a rug. However if you only have the one pair, you can't make much of a rug out of that. But the bottom cuffs could be cut off and rolled into a coaster.
You could use them to make notebook covers or a cover for anything really.
I also used a pair or two of jeans to make a cover for my college dorm room milk crates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
locoh
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012 10:51:03 AM »

I haven't tried this yet, but I REALLY want to... Cut the jean legs into thin loops of fabric and link together the same way you would with "plarn" then try to crochet!  Probably would need a large crochet hook.  If anyone tries this, let me know how this works out! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kali88
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012 07:09:14 PM »

Throw pillows?  Just stuff them and sew up the ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CindyKayS
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012 02:22:42 AM »

2 ideas with no sewing necessary.

Make bolster pillows.  Decorate each leg while flat - using fabric markers or Sharpies.  Then gather one end about 3"-4" from the end and fasten it with an elastic hair fastener (ponytail holder).  stuff it with polyester fiberfill, clean pantyhose (with runs), or a bolster pillow form.  Then use another elastic hair fastener to close the open end.  Voila!  A denim pillow!  Great for picnics, floor pillow in the family room, using in the car, a teen's room, etc.

If a pillow is too easy or boring, cut the denim into 1-1/2" squares and use fabric glue to adhere them in a checkerboard pattern to a rectangle cut from an old T-shirt.  Cut some circles from the leftover denim, and glue 2 kinds of fabric to the backs.  Play checkers!  Store checkers in an old prescription bottle or make a bag from a sleeve of the T you cut up for the checkerboard.  Roll the "board" and tie with a cord made by cutting a couple of T-shirt pieces.  (Pull on them and they will roll into cords.)  You can use the design from the front of the T-shirt for the reverse of the checkerboard, too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crzctl8de
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012 12:14:35 PM »

Besides those above, I created tubes out of them to hold my plastic bags, with a drawstring at the bottom.  Once I make plarn out of the bags, I use the sleeves to hold the balls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blacksmith
Doing stuff and saving the world

Overlook near Brown Mountain

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012 06:40:23 AM »

I demand that you make a chef's toque out of it

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.-Oscar Wilde

Available for personal swaps, send me a PM. I make crafty tools!
ThePenguinTheory
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012 04:16:45 AM »

What about a fabric necklace or headband? Pretty simple and you should have more than enough fabric! Could make it more interesting by making some 'jean flowers' to sew on and by plaiting strips together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute and Quirky Handmade Items!

Etsy
Blog
Facebook
Pinterest
washingtonrain
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012 08:41:39 PM »

first thing that comes to mind for me is a wine back. with a cute ribbon, sew the cut edge for the bottom, put the wine in and then scrunch/tie the top of it (the finished part of the leg.. with a pretty ribbon and gift Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Allergies From Beauty Products
Beauty Product Reviews January 2014
How Celebrities Get Ready for Award Season
Get Red Carpet Ready with Award Winning Nails
Company Claims Suction Device Creates Fuller Lips
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...