A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can someone help me?  (Read 469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shadow_kitten
« on: August 03, 2012 04:59:13 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum & fairly new to crochet too. I know how to make amigurumi but I want to branch out into other forms of crochet & I've found a scarf that I love but I'm not sure how to start it. Does the foundation chain go down the middle of the scarf as long as you want the scarf to be & then crochet on either side of that chain or does the chain stay on one edge of the scarf & then you crochet on one side of the chain only to expand the scarfs width or do you make the chain the width that you want the scarf to be & go from there?

As you can see I have no idea, I only know how to crochet in rounds. Here is the pattern & a photo of the scarf I want to attempt, I think it may have come from this site originally but I don't know who wrote the pattern & I don't have the link sorry, I found this on another forum.

ETA: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=927415 (if this is not the correct original source for this pattern, please let me know and I'll fix it - fantasticmio)

Can someone please explain to me how to get started?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012 05:55:16 PM by fantasticmio - Reason: edited to remove copyright protected content » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012 05:46:49 PM »

OK, to get started just start making a chain, KEEP COUNT.  When it gets to about the length you want it, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A MULTIPLE OF 6 in chains, then add 4.  From there work the first row as it says.  Its worked in halves.  So you work the left half first, then work in the foundation row for the second half.  Hope thats helped a bit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
shadow_kitten
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012 06:45:50 PM »

OK, to get started just start making a chain, KEEP COUNT.  When it gets to about the length you want it, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A MULTIPLE OF 6 in chains, then add 4.  From there work the first row as it says.  Its worked in halves.  So you work the left half first, then work in the foundation row for the second half.  Hope thats helped a bit

Thank you!!! Much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MerryGlas
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012 05:16:00 AM »

This looks an interesting pattern, let us know how you get on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 5/5
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 3/5
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 4/5
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 1/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 4/29
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...