As a thank you to my co-workers for promoting my crochet classes (and jokingly as a bribe to keep doing so ^_-) I made them some dishcloths.
We have a lot of employees, so I'm not sure how many I'll need, but I'm hoping that 40 will cover most of them. I'm working tomorrow, so I'm going to count the people on the schedule and see if I need to make any more.
I actually started making these a while ago (my first post was here
). I decided to post this separately (even though some of the same dishcloths are in the "all together" shots) because I made some changes on some of the new ones, like this one:
More details below.
So on Saturday morning, this is what I had:
(On the right: 19 finished cloths. Top left: yarn for the rest. Bottom left: progress made Friday evening and Saturday morning.)
Here's the latest 21:
And here are all 40 together:
All 40 stacked up:
Changes to the pattern:
Basically, the pattern works in short row wedges, where your rows have stitches numbering: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.
The changes I made were to the order of those rows. In this pic you can see the original one on the left, and the one on the right went: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3
As much as I like the spiral in the first, I do enjoy the lack of it in the new version. And the middle doesn't tend to poke out like in the original, either.
Here it is in some self-striping yarn:
And in variegated yarn:
(And I didn't notice until I uploaded the pic, the one on the right has seven wedges instead of six. I wish I could say that was the only time that happened... oh well, it'll still wash dishes!)
This one has the changed pattern outlined above on the left and a second changed pattern on the right:
The one on the right is the same cloth as at the beginning of the thread. In this one I went: 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14. (Though, the next one I do like this, I'm going to start with the evens instead of the odds).
I... I think I might be done making dishcloths for a while.
ETA: here's the link to the original pattern: http://1craftyboy.wordpress.com/2007/12/27/tunisian-short-row-dishcloth/