A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Granny's Daughters Swap Round 10! SU: Closed!; SO: Sept 22, '12  (Read 7750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012 05:21:36 AM »

One of my favorite things about this swap is that you can make your GDs in advance. Most folks are open to any colors and even if there are color requests, they're easily taken care of.

But... just as a heads up, here are some requests that have come across:

"...I've realized that I have LOTS of blue. It would be awesome if you could send more warm colors (red, orange, yellow) and less blue."

"...so I can use solid colors of pink, red, yellow, orange, green, aqua, blue and purple. I need shades of aqua the most (they don't really fit in with the blues or with the greens, so now they get their own category), but every color will get used. I'm joining with black, so please no black GDs."

"The more colours, the better."

"i love natural colours like greens and browns. "

"go easy on the pink"

With the colors that I have already stitched up, I could meet any of these requests. I have things grouped evenly now, but I can always shuffle some around, or whip up a few replacements once I know who my partners are.

Even if I end up receiving colors that aren't in my request, they'll still get used eventually. My next GD blanket (once I get the colossal first project finished) will be using all of the black, brown, white and grey GDs I'm not using in the first blanket. And, I'll even come up with something to do with the small pile of variegated GDs (I was thinking that some sort of tote bag might be fun). Once you start coming up with things to make using GDs, you'll never be able to stop! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012 12:26:28 PM »

Omg these are addicting! lol  my DH just wandered back to ask if I was going to stop crocheting long enough to make dinner tonight ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012 12:27:34 PM »

Sounds like it's pizza night to me! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogprincess
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012 02:31:16 PM »

they are so addicting Smiley im done but i am considering making another set. Kinda silly Smiley

t
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyLynn98
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012 05:26:11 PM »

Wow, these suckers work up FAST!  Shocked I counted tonight to see how many I had...I had 74 of them already! I am ready to mail!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot. com/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012 07:58:32 PM »

They are my favorite "mindless craft!" I can make them without looking, so I can watch TV or be a car passenger and crank those suckers out!

I think that, after this round, I'll make a big push to get the tails woven in on the ones I do have, and then I can count up how many I have and try to figure out how many more I'll need. I really think I want to use it for my bed, which is a queen size, but I don't think I'll have nearly enough, so I may have to make something smaller. I'll have to do some measuring and some math...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

koalascout
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012 08:03:35 PM »

yeah!!!!! i can use up some scraps of yarn Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

froggmomma
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012 07:31:44 AM »

I always sit and watch a movie or some tv when I work on my GD's. You just seem to get so many done so quickly when you're just the tiniest bit distracted. lol
We just moved and my yarn was "resigned" to the storage but doing this swap has forced the fiance to find the tubs. Silly Men! Comic books was his priority, not the yarn. Now that's it's been moved back inside I can also get started on Christmas presents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He asked, and I said yes.
I'm looking for Home Interiors resin butterflies, and License plates from other states. PM me for swap info. I love to swap.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012 04:18:46 PM »

So glad to provide an excuse for A) Using up scraps (which makes room for new yarn) and B) getting the fiance to haul the yarn into the house!

Yay!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012 09:35:12 PM »

Oh man, Hobby Lobby apparently knew I signed up for this swap, because I went in there today, and they had HUGE bins of yarn on clearance!!  I was so excited! Fortunately, I managed to resist (for now!) and am planning on using up stash yarn first ^_^ Although I may "run out" at some point soon, and have to pick up another couple of skeins Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Under Eye Highlighting Powder
Back To School: Age Appropriate Make Up Tips
How to Mask Cellulite
Growing Out Your Bangs? 3 Hairstyles to Ease the Transition!
Is The Beachwaver the Mother of All Curling Irons? We Find Out!
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...