A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Granny's Daughters Swap Round 10! SU: Closed!; SO: Sept 22, '12  (Read 8832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012 09:51:34 PM »

god these are addicting to make....i never knew i think you guys have created a crafting addict

tanya

LOL! I warned you! Smiley

I've got 16 made (with starting tails woven in), plus another 9 for me. I've used 8 different colors so far and I still have 4 more colors in sight. But, since I am completely messing up my sleep cycle by staying up so late (it's nearly 1 am), I really should head to bed. Although, I'm not entirely tired... so maybe I can make another dozen and weave the tails in the morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
frogprincess
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012 10:25:07 PM »

im at  67 of those puppies Smiley  i can't stop ....im watching ted talks while crocheting. i need to weave the ends in still but wow to much addicting fun
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012 06:37:51 AM »

67! Go frogprincess!

I do find that weaving in the tails as I'm going (well, after I finish a little group), is making the process slower, but at least when I'm done with the last one, I'll be done.

I've got 2 little bundles all ready to go, neatly tied together by the outside tails. I may braid them together later because they look so cute and neat when the tails are braided Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogprincess
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012 03:22:40 PM »

i have 30 with the starting thread woven in  Smiley Hopefully i have done it right Smiley  i couldn't sleep last night , insomnia for the loss/win depending on what it falls to.

anyway just wanted to make sure i had to make 80 of those addicting things.....im probably going to make a set for myself as well at this rate  Smiley

tanya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012 03:37:59 PM »

Yes, you'll need to make 80 (40 for each partner). In almost every round of the swap I've done, I've made an extra set for myself (and kicking myself now, because I didn't bother to weave in any ends on those... Tongue ).

And, just a note to everyone- please make sure that your GDs fall within the 1.5" to 1.75" range. As I've been weaving in ends on the stacks of GDs I have from swaps past, I've noticed that several of them are closer to an inch, and even with stretching, they don't make it to an inch and a half.

They type of yarn definitely makes a difference!  I was in the store the other day to pick up a particular color and had exactly the color I wanted, but then I realized that it was listed as a "3" (light weight), when most of the worsted I've used is listed as a "4" (even Caron Simply Soft and Red Heart Soft). So, I put the lovely yarn back...

If you're using yarn that seems slightly thinner, go up on your hook size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012 04:03:48 PM »

I think I'm going to hold off on making squares for me - my current plan is to take all of the GD's I've received and join them together like in my Luigi Blanket.  It's join-as-you-go, so I'll basically be using my GD's to join the swap ones together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012 05:39:36 PM »

That is a wise decision, mio! Sadly, because it turns out that I am a bit of a crochet masochist, I won't be quite so smart when it comes to my GD blanket. I'll be using the flat braid join because it's exactly the look I want (I tried it out using some "spare" GDs and it's perfect). Plus, if any GDs fall apart, I'll be able to replace them on an idividual basis. I'm trying not to think about the fact that for every GD I join to the blanket it means 2 ends...Since I'm at about 800 GDs right now, that's 1600 ends (in addition to all of the ones I still have to weave on the GDs). But, I think I will LOVE it when it's finished!

Love that Luigi blanket, BTW and the in-progress shots are great, as is your nephew's delight Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmyLynn98
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012 06:55:21 PM »

I've got 40+ made as of this afternoon, but I'm holding off on dividing any of them up until we get partners assigned. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012 08:59:26 PM »

I didn't make much progress on GDs today (I just wove in the tails on the dozen I made last night), but I got a few other things done. I did just realize that I forgot to finish up my last bit of work for my online class, so I'll have to do that first thing in the morning... oops... at least it's partly done Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012 10:19:55 PM »

All right, I'm sending in my questionnaire for this, I've never done it before, but my fingers have been itching for a good swap for a while now, and my online classes are winding down, so this is the perfect time for me! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Posing the Model to Paint a Portrait
How to Paint a Portrait
Adding Finishing Touches to Your Chalk Drawing
Adding Shadow and Depth to Your Chalk Drawing
Placing Color on Your Chalk Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...