A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bustier patterns?  (Read 6473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tightsandtea
« on: August 06, 2012 12:08:20 AM »

I'm really into bustiers (e.g. paired with high-waisted maxis, fishtails, etc), but can't seem to find any I like that fit right--the only ones that interest me are like expensive and only come in generic sizes. I figure I'd be better off making my own.

BTW, by bustier, I mean pretty much a waist-cropped, structured bra with boning--like this:

(I'd kill to have that collection) or even this:

http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/6326307/il_570xN.309309786.jpg

thanks in advance! I'd prefer not to spend over $20 for a pattern, and I definitely need it to be in English.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 05:20:43 AM by photojenn - Reason: Hotlinked image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nofuelleft
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012 01:34:38 AM »

You can find free corset and bra patterns on line , maybe you can alter those into one
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012 10:07:33 AM »

BurdaStyle has a bustier pattern in up to size 44 (39.5 inch bust). Like any other sewing pattern, it's standardized, so you will need to do a mock-up to get the fit right for your own body. Once the mock-up fits, you mark the seam lines and cut it up to create your customized pattern.

If you would rather not download, print, cut and tape the BS pattern, here's a couple printed patterns:

Kwik Sew 3850
Kwik Sew 3166

I thought there was more, but I suppose they're out of print. A search on Etsy for bustier pattern has some good out of print choices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katyisthebest
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013 05:44:24 AM »

If you're up for drafting your own pattern this website has a tutorial on making a bra pattern to your opwn custom size:
http://www.foundationsrevealed.com/articles/bra-making/how-to-make-a-bra/161-bras-determining-your-size

I haven't personally used this tutorial but I've read through it and it looks very good. To make the bra into a bustier you would just lengthen the 'cradle' to your desired length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psycho_Bitch
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013 09:51:29 AM »

If you're up for drafting your own pattern this website has a tutorial on making a bra pattern to your opwn custom size:
http://www.foundationsrevealed.com/articles/bra-making/how-to-make-a-bra/161-bras-determining-your-size

I haven't personally used this tutorial but I've read through it and it looks very good. To make the bra into a bustier you would just lengthen the 'cradle' to your desired length.

That certainly looks like a very good tutorial. It's a bit more complicated than the method I used to learn to draft a pattern, but it definitely makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Schtroumpfette
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013 04:16:16 AM »

Merckwaerdigh has some bustier patterns, some of them are standard sizes, others are for different cup sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 7/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 2/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Garland Part 2/3
How to Crochet a Christmas Garland Part 3/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...