A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bustier patterns?  (Read 8359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tightsandtea
« on: August 06, 2012 12:08:20 AM »

I'm really into bustiers (e.g. paired with high-waisted maxis, fishtails, etc), but can't seem to find any I like that fit right--the only ones that interest me are like expensive and only come in generic sizes. I figure I'd be better off making my own.

BTW, by bustier, I mean pretty much a waist-cropped, structured bra with boning--like this:

(I'd kill to have that collection) or even this:

http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/6326307/il_570xN.309309786.jpg

thanks in advance! I'd prefer not to spend over $20 for a pattern, and I definitely need it to be in English.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 05:20:43 AM by photojenn - Reason: Hotlinked image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nofuelleft
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012 01:34:38 AM »

You can find free corset and bra patterns on line , maybe you can alter those into one
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012 10:07:33 AM »

BurdaStyle has a bustier pattern in up to size 44 (39.5 inch bust). Like any other sewing pattern, it's standardized, so you will need to do a mock-up to get the fit right for your own body. Once the mock-up fits, you mark the seam lines and cut it up to create your customized pattern.

If you would rather not download, print, cut and tape the BS pattern, here's a couple printed patterns:

Kwik Sew 3850
Kwik Sew 3166

I thought there was more, but I suppose they're out of print. A search on Etsy for bustier pattern has some good out of print choices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katyisthebest
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013 05:44:24 AM »

If you're up for drafting your own pattern this website has a tutorial on making a bra pattern to your opwn custom size:
http://www.foundationsrevealed.com/articles/bra-making/how-to-make-a-bra/161-bras-determining-your-size

I haven't personally used this tutorial but I've read through it and it looks very good. To make the bra into a bustier you would just lengthen the 'cradle' to your desired length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psycho_Bitch
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013 09:51:29 AM »

If you're up for drafting your own pattern this website has a tutorial on making a bra pattern to your opwn custom size:
http://www.foundationsrevealed.com/articles/bra-making/how-to-make-a-bra/161-bras-determining-your-size

I haven't personally used this tutorial but I've read through it and it looks very good. To make the bra into a bustier you would just lengthen the 'cradle' to your desired length.

That certainly looks like a very good tutorial. It's a bit more complicated than the method I used to learn to draft a pattern, but it definitely makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Schtroumpfette
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013 04:16:16 AM »

Merckwaerdigh has some bustier patterns, some of them are standard sizes, others are for different cup sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elise Primavera and Diane Goode Talk About Louise The Big Cheese
Boyd Morrison Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Meet Author Michele Wright
Toby Lester Talks About Fourth Part of the World
Meet Author Lisa Genova
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...