A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How is this bracelet made? Is there such a thing as double-drilled beads?  (Read 1225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redcleo
« on: August 03, 2012 07:31:37 PM »

OK, I am madly in love with these bracelets, but I can't figure out how they're made. I know they're elastic, and I've got many different types of pearls and seed beads, but unless the pearls are double-drilled, I'm not sure how to recreate this, or even what to Google for. Any help?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
redcleo
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012 11:11:38 AM »

I've done some research and found that 1) there are double-drilled beads, and they're kinda pricey. But 2) I might be able to recreate this with regular beads using the right angle weave technique. Any thoughts on that? The negative I can see to using the RAW is that I'm not sure I can do it using elastic thread, and I might have to use larger accent beads than seed beads, since multiple strands will have to pass through the seed beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012 04:22:34 PM »

You could make it with RAW with seed beads if you use beading thread like Miyuki, Nymo, or One G - they will pass multiple times through size 10/0 or 11/0 seed beads.  You could also make it as a flat piece that fastens as opposed to a stretchy cuff, or as a large bangle that fits over your hand and sits low on the wrist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
steiconi
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013 05:34:52 PM »

you could cheat a bit and use multi strand plates (they're probably called something else).  They're small, narrow metal plates with multiple holes, one for each strand of beads.

You string elastic through beads and the 1st hole of an occasional plate, then string another strand of beads using the same plates, but the second hole, etc.  I would use 6-12 plates on a bracelet, but you could get away with only 3 or 4.

ASKII illustration of 3-strand plate--o is a hole:

|-----------------|
|   o      o       o   |
|-----------------|
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sorellehome
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013 03:50:43 AM »

These bracelets are looking very beautiful and at the same time these are also seems very difficult to design. But if you will analyze and look thoroughly these bracelet you can get the way that how to design it. The more beautiful it looks the much easier it is to design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Adobe Flash Preloader Screen
How to Create an Adobe Flash Video Player
How to Animate in Adobe Flash
How to Convert Old Photos to Digital
How to Lighten and Darken in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...