A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts 3 ~*Thanks everyone for a fab swap!*~  (Read 66514 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: September 10, 2012 03:57:46 AM »

Ouch, it sounds rough out there financially. There is no turning back for me though, I have to at least go and try it, I would regret it till the day I die if I didn't go. I would like to take this as a chance to start eating healthier, maybe growing my own food, don't buy fast food so I will have the money for other things. I also have a bike I love to ride that I have full intents of bringing with me so I don't have to drive much (My friend in Cali actually gave it to me when she moved out there x:) I feel like I have to do this not only for my military career but for my sanity as well. I suppose even moving an hour from home could potentially solve some of the issues but hey- go big or go home and I really do not want to go home. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdollpirate
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2012 11:20:29 AM »

Ouch, it sounds rough out there financially. There is no turning back for me though, I have to at least go and try it, I would regret it till the day I die if I didn't go. I would like to take this as a chance to start eating healthier, maybe growing my own food, don't buy fast food so I will have the money for other things. I also have a bike I love to ride that I have full intents of bringing with me so I don't have to drive much (My friend in Cali actually gave it to me when she moved out there x:) I feel like I have to do this not only for my military career but for my sanity as well. I suppose even moving an hour from home could potentially solve some of the issues but hey- go big or go home and I really do not want to go home. Smiley

It is beautiful here and if you have never been here there is some culture shock but, I am not someone who will allow someone to do something without giving the real story. I don't sugar coat. Also my family motto is go big or go home lol. Everyone has to do something like this at some point in there life I moved to TN lived there for 5 years and moved back home and I will never leave this place again problems and all this is my home. I mean my only goal is to move to San Diego once I am through with school. Talk about expensive lol. I never said anything to talk you out of the move but, to give you a realistic idea of what things are like here. I know when I tried to get my best friend to move to TN my ex told her all the wonderful things and not the bad reality stuff and for me that is just as bad as lying. I believe in saying the bad reality stuff because people deserve to know what the truth is so that they can make the best declensions possible.

On to the good stuff about CA eating healthy is pretty darn easy here even when you eat out. Bike rides are encouraged and if you can work close enough to where you live that you can do that DO IT =) Surf, sand, and snow are never more than a few hours away and even in the winter we have 80 degree days for like a week where it gives you a nice reprieve from the cold. For the most part people are nice. Also In-N-Out burger I know some people aren't into them but by golly I love In-N-Out it is why after 3 years I stopped being a Vegetarian lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ~Veronica Mars
ragdollpiratedesigns.etsy.com
spookygrrrly

glitter glue addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2012 05:19:11 PM »

Hi, just checking in to say that I am still crafting away! I had a couple false starts because I tried out a new craft that didn't work so well. Oh well, live and learn right? Now I think I know what direction I'm going in so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandymo13
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2012 11:29:58 PM »

Checking in, crafting away  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2012 12:35:47 AM »

Checking in, crafting away  Smiley
Me too  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Megz1027
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2012 08:09:54 AM »

Checking in. School and life are getting the better of me. :/ But I am trying my darndest to not fall behind in my crafting or school work. Smiley

MadHatteh my friend lives out in CA! I want to visit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2012 11:46:39 AM »

Still going at my large after finally finding the needed supplies. Nearly 50% complete- whew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MonstersUnderYourBed
Oh you handsome devil.

Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: September 11, 2012 12:35:00 PM »

Checking in. So far my project hasn't been going the way I want. I've had to restart several times but now I think I've got the kinks worked out. Crafting a long and hoping not to fall behind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."
NathanielM93
« Reply #368 on: September 11, 2012 02:22:40 PM »

Yay, my main house items both worked out Cheesy and are now practically finished. My shop item is finished too, but as expected my class item is taking forever :p but it's a really fun craft to do so I don't mind. I can almost imagine myself sitting in front of a fireplace in the commonroom Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikefan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2012 08:29:37 PM »

Checking in, nothing new to report. I still haven't been able to start on the medium although I really want to. I've never done one the way I'm planning on doing it so I'm really interested to see if I'm able to or not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Save the Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Refine the Selection Edge in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Magic Wand Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Manipulate a Selection in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...