A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back to Hogwarts 3 ~*Thanks everyone for a fab swap!*~  (Read 53294 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ragdollpirate
« Reply #350 on: September 09, 2012 05:17:58 PM »

So annoyed I finished my Medium and realized it was all wrong so, now it is back to the start. GOOD news though I remembered we have a hobby lobby out here now yes it is about 30-40 minutes away but, it had the product I was looking for everywhere close. So, happy =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ~Veronica Mars
ragdollpiratedesign s.etsy.com
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: September 09, 2012 06:01:55 PM »

So annoyed I finished my Medium and realized it was all wrong so, now it is back to the start. GOOD news though I remembered we have a hobby lobby out here now yes it is about 30-40 minutes away but, it had the product I was looking for everywhere close. So, happy =)

Hmmm, 30-40 minutes away? I did this too.  Cheesy

Happy Birthday RikaHeart! Hope it was great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #352 on: September 09, 2012 06:49:58 PM »

STILL working on my small (seriously, it's going to take me longer than my large!) and over the last few days I've spent a few hours working on my medium.  Had to space out the work, though, because of drying time.

I made one thing that I don't think I'll be able to send, unless I check it out very carefully.  I didn't realize how many things have animals products in them!  Still, if it all checks out, I have an extra to send, and if not, I'm sure I can foist it on someone.  I think it will be okay, I just need to do a little more checking.

My large came to me in a flash one day as I realized I had the PERFECT supplies at home buried under a mound of something in my craft room.  Not only did I remember them out of the blue, I was able to find them!  I'll start on that as soon as I finish another project because I need to move things around to get working space...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: September 09, 2012 07:53:34 PM »

Made a small today.  I think it will be an extra though.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
ragdollpirate
« Reply #354 on: September 09, 2012 08:21:31 PM »

Hmmm, 30-40 minutes away? I did this too.  Cheesy

Happy Birthday RikaHeart! Hope it was great!

Yeah that is the time without traffic lol on the way home it took us over an hour in stop and go traffic but, we had a good day driving down that way and shopping for 4 hours looking at all the pretties. I even bought myself a few things cause Hobby Lobby was having some awesome sales =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2012 08:51:08 PM »

Its my party and I'll cry if I want to! I'm still working! Of course day was a break since its my Birthday! Woohoo!

Happy Birthday Rika! I almost forgot about the Sept birthday swap... Wonder if I would be too late?

Crafts had to wait until this coming week since I hosted my sister's baby shower. Glad it's over, phew. Now I can focus on the swap and making awesome crafts for Monsters. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2012 11:51:40 PM »

A look into the world of MadHatteh
I didn't work too terribly much at my civilian job this past week because of my injury at the start of the week. I got in about two and a half days there then had three days of Army schnanigans to partake in. I received a promotion after a long year of tracking down the right paperwork, it feels like every time I thought I was done and got what I needed turned in that each paper was only the key to a door leading to more papers I needed to find. It felt VERY good to finally get my own promotion ceremony, I feel that I really deserved it. I also got some good news, I can move. Smiley I live in Indiana now and there is really nothing keeping me here presently aside from my unit, I spoke with the right people at my unit about it and they found me a new unit that has openings for my MOS (job) and rank. It gets better, my new home will be in California!!! I have a close friend who moved out there with her Air Force dad and he agreed to let me come out and live with them as it's just them to whilst I get my things settled. When I return to my civilian job on the eleventh I am going to pass this information along and see if they can transfer me to the Walmart that is five miles from my new potential address. I hope that this goes off without a hitch because if they can transfer my job as well it'll save me a bit of a hassle when I get there plus I can leave sooner because I won't need to save up as much for a longer unemployed time. I'm going to be so busy this week with working everyday until I think this coming Sunday when I might finally have another day off. I am going on a trip to St. Louis with my two best friends to go to the zoo and just to get out of town, Then Saturday I am holding a yard sale to downgrade on my belongings (less to pack and tote out there and more traveling monies!) I would be driving myself out there so I could have my vehicle (Something else to make it easier) and since it's a huge drive and I like to plan things I think it'd be fun to turn the drive out into a road trip, with planned stops at cool things and burned CDS and playlists for the entire drive. Smiley Sorry this is so long, I am just so excited about it, I am about to burst from all the good things happening to me! Cheesy

I would make sure I finished and shipped before I left, of course. This only matters if I can make the move as soon as I am hoping to make it. I wonder if I can convince my dad to donate to the cause of me moving across country... Roll Eyes

TL;DR, MadHatteh is VERY happy and things are going VERY well.

On the crafting side, I just wrote out notes on everything I plan to make, not like how to do it but ideas for each size project with little details about the crafts and my partner. I find when I am out and about I see things or I end up in places where I can obtain something related to my crafting for this swap and always find myself trying to recall a detail that slipped my mind, like colors or sizes. I always carry a little notepad with me so this will greatly help my craft organization process.
I only will need to order from the internet one supply, something I haven't done for a swap if that tells you how hardcore I am getting into this swap  Wink
I will need to buy a handful of supplies, it'll probably cost me maybe 25 dollars with the discount I get at walmart.
I am super proud of how anal I just got over this.  Lips sealed I even have notes on how I plan to package it so it presents well.

I would recommend everyone uses a little notebook to remember things!  Cheesy

Embarrassed Sorry this was so long...none of my real life friends care like you guys seem to.

The End.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdollpirate
« Reply #357 on: September 10, 2012 02:03:21 AM »

A look into the world of MadHatteh
I didn't work too terribly much at my civilian job this past week because of my injury at the start of the week. I got in about two and a half days there then had three days of Army schnanigans to partake in. I received a promotion after a long year of tracking down the right paperwork, it feels like every time I thought I was done and got what I needed turned in that each paper was only the key to a door leading to more papers I needed to find. It felt VERY good to finally get my own promotion ceremony, I feel that I really deserved it. I also got some good news, I can move. Smiley I live in Indiana now and there is really nothing keeping me here presently aside from my unit, I spoke with the right people at my unit about it and they found me a new unit that has openings for my MOS (job) and rank. It gets better, my new home will be in California!!! I have a close friend who moved out there with her Air Force dad and he agreed to let me come out and live with them as it's just them to whilst I get my things settled. When I return to my civilian job on the eleventh I am going to pass this information along and see if they can transfer me to the Walmart that is five miles from my new potential address. I hope that this goes off without a hitch because if they can transfer my job as well it'll save me a bit of a hassle when I get there plus I can leave sooner because I won't need to save up as much for a longer unemployed time. I'm going to be so busy this week with working everyday until I think this coming Sunday when I might finally have another day off. I am going on a trip to St. Louis with my two best friends to go to the zoo and just to get out of town, Then Saturday I am holding a yard sale to downgrade on my belongings (less to pack and tote out there and more traveling monies!) I would be driving myself out there so I could have my vehicle (Something else to make it easier) and since it's a huge drive and I like to plan things I think it'd be fun to turn the drive out into a road trip, with planned stops at cool things and burned CDS and playlists for the entire drive. Smiley Sorry this is so long, I am just so excited about it, I am about to burst from all the good things happening to me! Cheesy

I would make sure I finished and shipped before I left, of course. This only matters if I can make the move as soon as I am hoping to make it. I wonder if I can convince my dad to donate to the cause of me moving across country... Roll Eyes

TL;DR, MadHatteh is VERY happy and things are going VERY well.

On the crafting side, I just wrote out notes on everything I plan to make, not like how to do it but ideas for each size project with little details about the crafts and my partner. I find when I am out and about I see things or I end up in places where I can obtain something related to my crafting for this swap and always find myself trying to recall a detail that slipped my mind, like colors or sizes. I always carry a little notepad with me so this will greatly help my craft organization process.
I only will need to order from the internet one supply, something I haven't done for a swap if that tells you how hardcore I am getting into this swap  Wink
I will need to buy a handful of supplies, it'll probably cost me maybe 25 dollars with the discount I get at walmart.
I am super proud of how anal I just got over this.  Lips sealed I even have notes on how I plan to package it so it presents well.

I would recommend everyone uses a little notebook to remember things!  Cheesy

Embarrassed Sorry this was so long...none of my real life friends care like you guys seem to.

The End.

I live in CA and I can say if you can't transfer with Wal*Mart save a ton it took me almost 2 years to find the job I may or may no have now (still working on funding). I know people who are still looking and have been for upwards of 5 years. This is not really a great place when it comes to jobs. Just a warning to you because things if the news etc is right are just going to keep getting worse on the job front for CA lots of businesses are closing their doors and moving out of state etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: September 10, 2012 02:18:25 AM »

I appreciate the tip! If walmart cannot assist me for whatever the reason I have some form of a back up idea. It was recommended to me I try to look into some form of a government job out there whatever it may be because those kinds of jobs are only open to a certain window of people and should be easier for me to obtain. Well...maybe not easier but it'll have less competition. Almost everyone I have spoke to says it's super expensive out there, I think it'll be almost like a challenge for me to work harder then. I have no rent as soon as I get out there so it'll be less to worry about financially. I am hoping to get more crafty/frugal with the move out there. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdollpirate
« Reply #359 on: September 10, 2012 03:23:19 AM »

I appreciate the tip! If walmart cannot assist me for whatever the reason I have some form of a back up idea. It was recommended to me I try to look into some form of a government job out there whatever it may be because those kinds of jobs are only open to a certain window of people and should be easier for me to obtain. Well...maybe not easier but it'll have less competition. Almost everyone I have spoke to says it's super expensive out there, I think it'll be almost like a challenge for me to work harder then. I have no rent as soon as I get out there so it'll be less to worry about financially. I am hoping to get more crafty/frugal with the move out there. Smiley

I have friends who work in Gov jobs they are just recently lifting some of the freezes on them that have been on them for the past 4-5 years. It is super expensive here depending on where you are at gas is at 4 something a gallon and always going up. Groceries for just me for the month and that is eating maybe 2 meals when I am lucky is about $150-$200 a month. My tags and insurance for my car comes to about 800 a year etc. In TN I spent what I spend here for just me on 2-3 people. Not to be a downer I am just a Cali native and moving back here from TN was a shock CA has been hit hard by this crappy economy. Even my buddies who are ex military various branches are having trouble finding jobs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Art - Turkish Sentinel by Charles Bargue
How to Paint Reflectivity
How to Oil Paint with Hall Groat
How to Oil Paint
Ambient Art - Van Gogh
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...