A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ruffle Skirt and pleated Shirt [img heavy]  (Read 782 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MidoriMentality
[ midoriMentality ] & Randomly Taylor'd

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2012 07:47:02 PM »

I go to college for fashion design so I had to make stylized garments, the first and second semester had us make a stylized pant, skirt and shirt, our shirt had to go with our skirt or pant, I made it for the skirt.  I used gold buttons on both to tie them together and also the same red fabric for the contrasting colours on both garments.  I drafted these both from scratch, and pleated the shirt and hemmed the skirt by hand.  I finished both garments in I think a total of 10 hours (not all at once though, the skirt was finished in June and the shirt was done in July)

"action shots" not on a judy. only at the top because I wanted them to be the main photo Tongue  I used instagram just for fun, and added some filters because the lighting where I took them sucked a little.

front complete outfit

back complete outfit.

I realized after handing in my shirt and getting it back that I had did the pleats backwards from my original design, but without looking at the muslin and finished garment together you can't even tell, I may take that bit apart and re-do it with the pleats going the right way and also stitching down the back of them because when I washed it before handing it in, all the pleats came undone, thankfully I didn't have unstitch anything and just pulled and pressed everything back into place.

On with the pictures. 

Skirt front

skirt back

pocket

pocket/waistband detail and buttons

Shirt front

shirt back

pleated sleeve detail

backwards pleats and buttons

side vent/slit that I added while sewing the fashion fabric, I decided to do it after making the muslin

the muslin with green piping detail, only because I had a giant roll of green bias tape and I was too lazy to make some  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012 11:24:56 PM »

Lovely.  All those pleats and tucks and ruffles would have driven me made but they do look good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
How to Twist Natural Hair
How to Take Out Backcombed Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...