When my friend got engaged last spring I knew pretty much immediately that I had to make her wedding present. So I scoured the internet for patterns and finally settled on this one: http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WT1647+Wedding+Ring+Quilt.htm
I started it back in November, but didn't have much time to work on it during school, so most of the work was done over winter break and the past couple of months (the wedding is in September). Here is the result of my labors:
I did it in the colors of their wedding. Since there's a vineyard theme to the wedding I wanted to make it look kind of like grapes on vines.
I only have a few in progress shots:
And here are some more completed pics:
This one gives an idea of size:
It's actually a bit small...I think because my rings are poofy, and I'm not entirely sure why.
Hopefully they either have a smaller bed, or since they live in the desert will use it more for decorative purposes.
I still want to embroider a label with their names and the date of the wedding for it, but I'm just to happy to finally be done crocheting that I felt like I had to share with people.
Now to fit all the projects I wanted to do for myself over the summer into the next 3 weeks...
Here's the label I embroidered and am going to pin on to the blanket (last names have been blurred out).
I realized too late that what I thought was the same blue thread was actually slightly different blue thread. I don't think it's that super noticable though, and at least the color change occured between words, so I can always just pretend I did it on purpose.
My friend opened her present back at the hotel yesterday afternoon:
I think she liked it.