A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1ST CRAFT SHOW. NOW WHAT??????????  (Read 1145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

roxy42104
« on: August 02, 2012 02:30:57 PM »

Hello!! I am considering taking my handmade children dresses, head bands, etc. to a craft fair. I live in Ohio and I may need a Transient vendor license??? I really do not forsee making thousands of dollars in these items...so why tax? After an entire day i may only collect 10.00 in tax. Is there a threshold for tax collection?? Say "if collect under 50.00 no need to report/pay"?? I'm so confused. Will this affect my income tax too??? I really need some Ohio advice. I just wanted to set up my little booth and have fun and now this seems to be becoming one huge not fun ball of not funness. soooooooo now what?? Do I spend the 25.00 for the license and 40 for the table and whatever it costs to make this stuff or should I just keep my cash? I've been told (not bragging. ok sort of bragging) that I should really consider selling the baby/child dresses I make. SO now that everyone has given me the encouragement I want to get out there and get to it. Whats up with ALL THIS RED TAPE!?!?!? sheesh. Thanks!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012 03:53:09 AM »

OK Roxy, calm down.

Does the promoter of the craft show require your vendor license number on the application? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

But if you're going to do this, you will need to collect sales taxes. Especially at the larger shows. It's a good idea to get a "resale tax certificate" from the state. Most states still give them out free (although Connecticut now wants $100 for one.)

These also come in very handy when buying materials. You do not pay the sales tax when you purchase, and you can shop at wholesale companies and pay wholesale prices.

Go do the show, have fun and don't worry about the taxman, as he won't show up at a small craft show, especially on Saturday! They don't want to work weekends. They're State employees.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft Your Onstage Persona as a Comedian
How to Use Storytelling to Promote a City and Its Scenes
Banksy Art and Its Lessons on Leadership
Chris Hinkle on How Music Education Applies in Product Design Career
Dungeons & Dragons Tabletop Gaming Explained
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...