Swap name: One Tiny Thing 2012 London Olympics
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: gerbilgal
Sign-up date range: signups August 2 to August 6 (11pm eastern time)
Date to send item by: August 20, 2012
Limited to a certain number of people? 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
Details of swap:
The idea is to make one tiny Olympics Themed craft item. It should be physically small (miniatures are encouraged) and should be something that you can craft with a high level of skill. Even if it is a fairly simple/easy item for you to make, please embellish or perfect it so that it best represents your skill. (For example, if you wish to make a coin purse, I encourage you to embroider, add beading, or take other steps to make it a really special piece.)
You will receive only one partner. You may only send that partner ONE tiny craft - "extras" are not allowed in this swap. All items must be 5"x5" or smaller. The idea behind this swap is to give you a simple, low-pressure craft swap that won't stress you out or cost a lot to ship. Since it is the Olympics, I am making this OTT 5 inches or smaller.
How do you know if your idea is "tiny?" Examples: A coin purse is tiny; a clutch purse is not. A pair of earrings is tiny; a necklace, earrings, and bracelet set is not. A trinket box is tiny; a pencil box is not. If you're not sure if your idea qualifies as "tiny," ask me!
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND DON'T REPLY WITH IT HERE.
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country?:
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
What craft skills can you use to make a good quality tiny item:
What craft skills would you like your tiny item to be made with:
What kind of tiny Olympic thing would you like to receive? (this is just a guideline):
What are your favorite colors / motifs / styles:
Do you have any allergies?
Do you smoke or have pets in your household?
What else would you like to tell your partner?
A few other things to follow:
1. Please post on this thread. A simple I'm in! or whatever will suffice. This is so I'm certain you get all messages.
2. Please put OTT Olympics in the subject line of all PM's - don't send me a PM with no subject as I might miss it!
3. A DC# is not required since the packages are very small. In all cases, save your receipt and be prepared to
show me a copy if there are problems with your package arriving in a timely fashion
4. Remember send only ONE tiny item, no extras! It will be noted in your feedback if you don't follow
the 'rule' and send extras
5. I'm hoping that no one will send late but, if closer to send out date, you know you are going to be late, you
MUST inform me and your partner.GALLERY: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412826.0