A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,207
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Batman dress t-shirt recon.  (Read 2710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bakesaurus
« on: August 02, 2012 11:31:12 AM »

I've always admired the tshirt to dress recons I allllways see. I've pretty much wanted one since I was sixteen (I'm twenty-three, lol) and I just finally got around to putting one together. The last few weeks my boyfriend has been hassling me that I need a hobby, because I drive him nuts when he gets home from working all day and I've been bored at the house all day. So I figured why the hell not! I went and bought this 2x Batman t-shirt, $7.50 - some yellow material $2 - and some yellow and black tulle (which I decided a tutu made it look too costumesque and didn't end up using) $5. Long story short, the materials I actually used ended up costing me $10. And I got a pretty kick ass dress out of it.
The entire thing is handstitched as I loathe sewing machines. Took a combined total of four or so hours? I may still add a few embellishments at the top, maybe an iPhone sized pocket or a bow? But I'm too excited with this entire thing to wait on posting!

I started a tutorial, but then figured that was silly since I took bits and pieces of multiple tutorials to put this together. So, meh.

Anyhow, BATMAN! [Apparently I can't post pictures yet, because in three years here I haven't managed to post ten times, tisk tisk Priscilla.]

Feedback, suggestions, whatever? Smiley
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012 01:26:38 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012 01:36:46 PM »

That is really neat.  I love the yellow band at the hem and the off-the shoulder style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MidoriMentality
[ midoriMentality ] & Randomly Taylor'd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012 07:31:43 PM »

love it.. and I commend you for your patience to hand stitch the whole thing.  I can handstitch tings, but I prefer my machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JuBee82
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013 12:46:00 AM »

I am a total Batman nerd, so that caught my eye immediately.  I actually own the same shirt!  I am going to try to replicate this look as soon as I can.  Smiley  Great job, and such a cute dress!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cadybug09
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013 06:06:07 PM »

This is really neat! I just love the yellow band at the bottom...:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon G10: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon G10: Set for Fireworks Scene
Canon G10: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Canon G10: Set for Copy Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...