A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Marvellous Miss Marsha and her Brave Sir Pork Chop  (Read 1226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012 12:11:48 AM »

This is what I recently made for the Felt Badge Round 2 Swap for Diesels_mom. She had told me about her faithful watch-pig, that is called PorkChop, so there really wasn't any other way to go than write her a felties-story Grin

Marvellous Miss Marsha and her Brave Sir Pork Chop

and this is her story:

Marvellous Miss Marsha is a wise woman, living on the edge of the desert, to the left of the enchanted city, two minutes towards sunrise. Miss Marsha shares her secret lodge with many friends and lonely hearts from all the corners of the kingdom.
Every day, Marvellous Miss Marsha and her comrades, gather in her orchard under a very special tree -
an everlasting samura tree, that bears only one flower that never withers and is said to have magical powers.

One day, while talking about the storms of life, they discovered the blossom gone, just vanished.
Miss Marsha didn't fret or cry, but her friends grew very worried indeed. Among them Pork Chop and the knights of the Golden Clover. With every passing day, Miss Marsha glittered a little less and her face got a little more sad, so the 33 Knights of the Golden Clover- yes, there were that many- set out on a mission to find the flower, bring it back home and restore Miss Marsha to her former glory.

Through scorching desert and blistering heat they walked and couldn't find the flower.
10 of the knighs, complaining of blisters on their feet, returned home.

Through high mountains and windswept tops they fought their way and couldn't find it.
10 of the knights, not having packed their warm sweaters, complained of the cold, turned around and went back home. 

Through enchanted meadows and tricky swamps they slowly wound their way and still couldn't find it.
10 of the knights, being struck by odd visions due to having eaten the magic mushrooms in the swamp, got very confused and had to be sent back home.

In the end, the last three reached the ocean. They decided to search the watery depths, but alas, two of them couldn't swim.
So the mission fell to the only remaining Knight of the Golden Clover - Sir Pork Chop, who'd been training to be a lifeguard on the shores of the strange lands of California, before he lost his marbles and found his way to the secret lodge of Marvellous Miss Marsha.

He hitched up his trousers and bravely faced the deep. After many, many attempts, he finally discovered a castle under water- the fortress of a wicked seamonster, that was said to be ruthless and cruel.
Thinking of Miss Marsha, Sir Pork Chop ignored the warnings and entered the fortress all alone.
There were no guards, just flowers, flowers everywhere- flowers of every shape and color, flowers no one had ever seen before. But they were not real, on a closer look, Sir Pork Chop discovered that they were all just paintings of flowers.
Strange sounds reached his ears as the seamonster was approaching and Pork Chop prepared for his last moments. He bravely faced it and thus discovered the long-sought samura blossom in the monsters clutch. He drew his pointy stick - yes, he was NOT old enough for swords! Miss Marsha had therefor given him a stick on his departure- and the monster...

started crying! It was pleading and arguing and throwing itself protectively before the blossom.

The wicked monster, by the name of Ypswych ( which might explain his wickedness, being cursed to go through life with a name like that), had fallen in love with the blossom, seeing it with his magical eye and had stolen it away and would NOT be parted from it ever again.

So there was only one thing to do, decided Sir Pork Chop: Invite Ypswych to come live with Miss Marsha.
After long consideration and a lot of suspicious looks, Ypswych finally agreed to come and they returned to the secret lodge.
Miss Marsha, being a benine and generous person, welcomed them with open arms.
Her color immediately improved upon arrival of the flower and Ypswych built a watery home for himself right next to the everlasting tree.

And Sir Pork Chop? Well, he was awarded a medal for his good deed by Marvellous Miss Marsha and called "Brave Sir Pork Chop" ever since.

So, what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
microjivvy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012 02:48:45 AM »

I think the flower is so lovely, I wonder how it is possibly made from humble felt... I think the monster is so incredibly fluffy, it's likely he wasn't all that wicked to start with... and I think the medal is just the right amount of noble for such an amazing piggy.

And the story is perfectly perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Le-Chat
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012 02:56:17 AM »

Too sweet! And beautiful work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my t-2-t adventures and my own ecclectic way of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Buy eco-friendly in my Etsy Shop:
http://LeChatCrochet.etsy.com
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012 04:41:55 AM »

Oh, thank you Jivvy and Le-Chat!

And thank you for reading through the story- the HunkyManflesh gave up after 1 minute Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012 05:00:52 AM »

Amazing!  I love that you've included a story with the felt badges!  Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012 07:15:39 AM »

Wow, that was quite the story!!  The flower badge is so pretty!  I'm in love with all the layers!  The seamonster looks so soft!  I wants to pet it!!!  And the medal is so cool!  You are so wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
teachart
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012 01:44:44 PM »

Beyond awesome BB!!! The story is wonderful and you seriously can work miracles with felt  Cheesy (I do feel a little envious of all your craft time  Grin) Of course THIS ROCKS  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012 11:00:53 PM »

Grin Grin Grin .... there isn't a whole lot of crafting time really, but I discovered that working on felties is a great way to ignore the world on public transportation, and I do have to spend quite a bit of time on it...
And the monster is actually made from a felt-base with a strange kind of "wool" for tentacles... very soft and thick, but when I first saw it, it screamed "Dreads, I wanna be dreads!" at me...  ;)However, I imagine it is happy being tentacles too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012 05:45:35 PM »

What awesome badges and how clever you are to create a whole story for them!! I have to say, Sir Porkchop is my new hero Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012 01:21:59 PM »

What awesome badges and how clever you are to create a whole story for them!! I have to say, Sir Porkchop is my new hero Smiley.

Grin Thank you- I just couldn't resist after Diesels_mom told me about her pot belly pig loyally defending the property Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Nail Colors For Fall
Why Trading Beauty Products Can Be Risky
Tips For Eye Makeup and Drugstore Products
Coconut Oil For White Teeth and Clearer Skin
New Ways to Wear Blue Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...