A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2012 Birthday Swap  (Read 3939 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2012 04:42:00 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412255.0

Swap name: August 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: August 1-30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

**You have ONE WEEK after being approved for this swap in which to make your first claim!**

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412255.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put August Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"August Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received PMs include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by Aug. 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: August 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412255.0  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- August 2012 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412255.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

May 2012 Birthday List
May 2012 Birthday Swap Gallery
June 2012 Birthday List
June 2012 Birthday Gallery
July 2012 Birthday List
July 20123 Birthday Gallery

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012 07:27:51 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012 04:53:38 PM »

Birthday Swappers (claims made, claims sent, claims received)
eiseldora FOC - (0,0,3) receiving 3 gifts
lovesclutter FOC - 8/27 - (0,0,2) receiving 2 gifts
painted sparrow - 8/11 - (0,0,2) receiving 2 gifts
FeliciaSlayDCRG FOC - 8/15 - (0,0,2) receiving 3 gifts
endymion FOC - 8/23 -(0,0,2) receiving 2 gifts
MareMareFOC - 8/9 - (0,0,1) receiving 4 gifts

Non-Birthday Swappers
TroubleT (0,0,1)
alwaysinmyroom (0,2,0)
edenkitty (0,0,1)

CLAIMS
Sent
Received
Sending late w/ communication
Contact Organizer ASAP

Send by Aug. 16
eiseldora to lovesclutter for reusable grocery bag
FeliciaSlayDCRG to Painted Sparrow for a hoopla
lovesclutter to painted sparrow for a poppet
painted sparrow to lovesclutter for a dotee or two and some yarn for a shawl
eiseldora to FeliciaSlayDCRG for a Pinterst Surprise

Aug 18
Endymion to Eiseldora for a casserole carrier.

Aug 21
eiseldora to Endymion for 2 knit washcloths

Aug 22
endymion to MareMare for something bookish and crafty
MareMare to FeliciaSlayDCRG for a Pinterest hoop

Aug 30
painted sparrow to FeliciaSlayDCRG for a hoopla inspired by her Pinterest

Sept 2
TroubleT to MareMare for a supply surpise

Sept. 5
edenkitty to MareMare for a hoopla

Sept 6
FeliciaSlayDCRG to Eiseldora for some stencils

Sept 9
lovesclutter to endymion for "whatever else you can dream up"

Sept 14
alwaysinmyroom to Maremare for a surprise
alwaysinmyroom to eiseldora for a surprise
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012 02:26:37 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012 05:10:40 PM »

Hi  I'm a  plus size girl from Washington
I'm a big geek/nerd.
Doctor Who, BBC Science Fiction, Firefly, Star Trek, Stargate;
Hunger Games, Harry Potter. Dystopian Sci Fi
Lord of the Rings, Gattica, Original Star Wars.
Sherlock, Bones. Castle, Grimm.
Musicals <3 Dr. Horrible
restorative yoga
relaxing baths
knitting
Computers
Nature, Trees, Spring Leaves, Ocean at Night
Blues, Purples, Burgendy
Being Green
I'm a knitter and sew a little. I'm slowly picking up stenciling and shirt embelishing.
I'm growing a garden.
Chocolate

My husband is also a geek.
Currently studing to be a video game designer, and he loves video games. Current favorite is Minecraft, and drooling for Guild Wars II.
He is a big Joss Whedon Fan, and likes geeky phrases/logos on his shirts.

Allergins I belong to two cats, have food allergies to black pepper and other spices, and have issues with smoke smells.

Crafted
All pins are for inspiration. Some of my boards are for work, so please ask if there is something you want to make from a pin and I've not listed it above.

Sewing for me
   Yoga Skirt  
     Grin Resusable sanitary napkin
     Grin Reusable paper towls
    Pin Cushion
    Bowl Covers
    Catnip filled tube/pillow
   Casserole Carrier http://pinterest.com/pin/5418462021212155/ Thanks Endymion!
    Chemise or basic Celtic Dress form for Ren Faire (Plus Size) Made one myself for my birthday
    Overdress Costume (Plus Size) see board http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/diy-ren-faire/ Bought blue one at Ren Faire, but I would love another if you feel inclined to make.
     Grin Holder for my circular needles

Stenciling/Paining See pinterest for inspiration http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/diy-things-that-look-cool/ and http://pinterest.com/eiseldora/personal-my-style/
    Grin Geeky Stencils I can use on shirts.
     Measuring  1 Tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup for my homemade cleaning suppliesThanks Endymion!
    Etched glasses for drinking
    Etched reusable microwavable food containers http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040770284/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040770285/
    Etched glass containers for storing dry goods http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040770281/
    Vinyl Decals for my Yoga Room, or Computer.

Other
    Car organizer http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040500626/
    Trash Can for Car http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040343023/
    Wind Chime http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040587875/
     Grin Handspun Yarn (see supplies below)
    Homemade Soaps (Love scents of Ylang Ylang and Mints)
    Scented things (Love Ylang Ylang, Pepermints and other mints, Baked Goods like Apple Pie, Pumpkin, or cookies) No strong florals Husband is sensative.
    Bath supplies, like salts and bombs
    Sugar Scrubs
    Mason Jar Lids that hold straws http://pinterest.com/pin/220183869251704942/
    Emergency Sewing Kit
    Reusuable Snack bags with wipe-able inside
    Outdoor Welcome Mat
    Up to 9 Container to hold game tokens. About 1/2 to 1 cup of items Any Medium
    Draw string bags to hold game tokens. About 1/2 to 1 cup of items
    Accessories for Celtic Cosplay Outfit. (I saw Brave and loved their dresses.) Something I could wear to a Ren Faire
    Water Bottle/Water Bottler Holder so I don't loose my water at work. I move around to a different station once and hour so I have to carry it with me.
    Decorated Hair Claws. http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259040858777/ into http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259041249430/
     Grin Leaf Soap dish for my bathroom http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259041327064/ or http://pinterest.com/pin/41447259041327158/
    Sponge Holder
    Cookie Cutters
    Bento Box
    Belt Holder out of picture frame
     Grin Reusable Straw
    S for my front door
    recharge station
    lunch bag
     Grin Fabric Baskets to store sewing supplies, ribbons, and my stenciling supplies.

Supplies
    Fabric (Quarters or Yard/s) with Abstract Themes(Circles, swirls, Monocolored Flowers)
    Fabric (Quarters or Yard/s) with Nature Themes(Trees, gree leaves, Ocean water...)
    Blue Fabric (Love dark blues, blue blues, and light blues in that order) themes.
    Orange or Purple Fabric (Quarters or Yard/s) also welcome.
    Non Plastic buttons,
    Spool of Thread(White, Black, Rainbow Colors),
    Elastic (anything, but would love  Knit 60" long) Thanks Endymion!
    Tulle to make Yarn from (2 inch strips) or skirt for niece (18 months old)
    Bias Tape
    Squirt bottles
    Patterns for Plus size Ren Fair Costume. Peasant/Simple outfits preferred.
    Cording/twine for wastebands

Grin Fabric Paints (any color, but I do already have white, black, and lots of blues)
    Stain Glass Paint
    Acrylic Paint
     Grin Stencils that I can use. Geeky, Nature, Abstract, Flowers, Hearts, Yoga, or other cool things. I have an xacto knife if I need to cut it out.
    White Shirts  
    Spray Bottles

Screen Printing Fabric/Mesh to make silkscreen
    Hoops to make silkscreen
    Screen Printing ink (Speedball?)
    Adhesive Backed Sign Vinyl
    photo emulsion and sensitizer
    Screen filler fluid

Bamboo knitting needles Cheesy would love Size 6 (I have DPN and Cabled Size 5 and 7, but as I'm making many washcloths recently patterns call for size 6
    Yarn Bamboo Spa (NaturallyCaron.com Spa, Patons Silk Bamboo) and
    Yarn Solid colors Any rainbow color is good. Medium to Super Bulky. any type. Pinks, Purples, Burgendy, and Reds never stay in my stash long. I can never find blues at the store.
     Grin Handspun yarn
    Yarn Varigated with natural color themes like blues, beige-brown, pinks/purples and greens to yellow.
    Kniffty KnitterThanks Random gifter!

Mason Jars
    Purple Socks to make Sock Monkey for Niece.Thanks Endymion!

Or a Pinterest Surprise from any board that is labeled as DIY, Personal, Home Decor or Swap. http://pinterest.com/eiseldora
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012 04:46:39 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012 06:15:22 PM »

Hi, my name is Terri, I will be 57 (yes) on August 27th. So fortunately, my birthday is at the end of the month. I participated in this swap 2 years ago and

had the time of my life.

My boyfriend committed suicide recently, have lost my dad too recently, so anything that is happy is what I can use. I have passed the denial and anger

stages of mourning, and moved onto the grief but sharing with my friends and family I am feeling so much better every day. I don't need sympathy at this

point, and because I am one of the people who REALLY know how lucky and blessed I am, I can now carry on with my happy, silly and awesome self. *grin*

I love cuss words. Oh, did I say I LOVE CUSS WORDS.

I live in East Tennessee USA and love this place. I have lived in Montana. I like to hunt, I love to craft and on a very cold day, I love to stay inside and

cuddle with my new rescue, Ski and my other old fat butt Spark.

I don't have kids, but I have about 100 on the floor in my department that I've trained that I love, they call me Mama T, Miss Teresa, Miss T and other

various names. I am basically just an old hippie chick that isn't afraid to get a mohawk, tattoo or embarrass myself in public. Believe me, I've done this

many times.

I love great music, especially classic rock. I have a vinyl collection topping over 1000. I have only recently gotten into tattoos and love to watch the

tatto shows on TV (except my cable is off.)

I also love my cats (2 maine coons, and yes they do shed)

I love to train, and have the best job in the world training the new hires in my department.

Chocolate (dark) is my favorite. I also like coffee and pizza rolls.

Love all colors. The more rainbow the beter.

Love flapper and art deco.

Dislikes:

No old fashioned country style stuff.

Don't care for plaids, but if you can make them interesting I'll probably love it.

No inspirational quotes. Get right down to the nitty gritty.

Allergins:

I do have 2 cats that shed, and I do smoke in the house. I will not tell you a lot of bunk about fabreeze, but I can wash anything fabric, yarn and or not

smoke in my craft room while making your gift. (and put it away in a plastic storage container.)

Crafted

Sewing for me: bandanas, anything hippie
permanent marker cotton tie dye You can use alcohol to get the dye effect.
any crafty item made of yo yo's.
any crafty items I can put on hair bands etc.
anything red.
Reusable grocery totes (thanks eiseldora)
Dotees. I love them, and want to build a collection on something made for me. (thanks Painted Sparrow)
I would love anything recycled/repurposed/previous loved. I give my family instructions every year to find something used, or send me something they have and

repurpose it.
Anything embroidered, the more irreverant the better.

Miscellaneous/Estras:
painted, etched jars for craft storage, or anything I can store stuff in (I don't have crochet or knitting needle rolls) LMAO, heck, I can't even knit yet,

tho I've been trying.
Any crafty item for my truck Miss Betty (named after betty boop with a vinyl bb sticker) I have a 2005 chevy colorado, burgandy red.
Gardeners for dummies type of literature, I need to learn to grow veggies.
Travel Coffe mug, decorated to my hippy taste or saying lovesclutter, mama t or my real name.

Supplies

Permanent markers, I go through them quickly
Yarn, I love to crochet shawls, so 2 large skeins of any type of cheap yarn. (Thanks Painted Sparrow again)
Fabirc, I have a lot of solids, but don't have many novelty fabric, so one yard of something very neat and hippie would make me so happy.
Rotary cutter if you can find one reasonable.
Buttons are always welcome. Really like solids in reds and purples.
Fabric paint any color.
Any handspun yarn, never had any.
Unusual papers or ephemera
Stickers, love stickers.
Decorate hole punchers/scissors

wists: wists.com/lovesclutter (I haven't been able to wist anything lately)
pinterest: pinterest.com/lovesclutter

I have a couple of blogs and such on my profile.

I will try to get some links to post specific items I like, but if I've pinned it I love it.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012 02:21:23 PM by lovesclutter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Painted Sparrow

The Beautiful Ugly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012 09:05:46 PM »

Hi, I'm Mariya! I will be 24 on 11 August & am currently living in Georgia with the husband, a Gremlin & a Thing. A little about me, I have my degree in theatrical design & love creating things though all sorts of mediums. My furbabies are a puppy named Gremlin & a guinea pig named Thing 2, they are both spoiled rotten.

I am a lover of unique things. I collect what I call cultural artifacts, pieces of art & culture from all corners of the world, be they a Chinese inlaid tea set, Mayan calendar plaques or Venetian masks, either originals from there/then or handcrafted pieces by someone else. Also, Rudolph/deer things & owls. Overall, I like things that are interesting, unique, quirky, whimsical, dark, peculiar etc & have a unique character & story of their own.

Likes: browns, reds, earth tones, jewel tones, bold colors, organic & naturally inspired patterns, expressionist style, things that look old or imperfect, anything vanilla, silver, burnished metals
Dislikes: neon & bright colors, pink, very geometric/structured patterns, things that look too perfect, kitschy things, plain gold metal
Themes: Shakespeare, theatre, film, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, arts & crafts, cultures, birds especially owls, snow/winter/Minnesota/snowflakes/ice, feel free to contact me with questions on specifics for any of these things!
Allergies: None!

Crafted

Sewing
- Machine cover (Brother 950D)
- Cool pincushion
- Sewing caddy, would be great if it could be tweaked to work better off to the side of the machine rather than in front of
- Mug rugs
- Paint brush roll(s)
- Pillows/pillow covers, I am fine buying pillow forms to stuff them, my living room has a sort of cultural zen vibe, I would love koi, zen garden or rock looking pillows
- Poppets One poppet incoming! Thank you lovesclutter!!

Yarn
- Handspun yarn, any fiber
- Stitch markers
- Knitting needle roll
- Some sort of yarn dispenser, box or holder or bowl, could be a non-crafted supply, too

Miscellaneous
- Hooplas! I am building a hoopla wall & would love anything! One beautiful peacock hoop! Thank you FeliciaSlayDCRG!!
- Hand-carved stamps
- Statement necklaces, I don't like gaudy looks, but something that is somewhat simple, striking & interesting, not too complicated or covered in beads, a couple examples I pinned here & here
- If anyone does enough wire working to do nose rings, I would love some interesting studs or hoops, 18 gauge
- Something quirky & fun like these abstract taxidermies would be so fun, like this lion or deer
- Terrariums, I love small whimsical worlds!

Supplies (I am perfectly happy with used, by the way!)

Sewing
- Fabric, I am working on hoarding scraps & more yardage pieces for whatever, lol One beautiful yard of red with yellow flowers, thank you FeliciaSlayDCRG!
- Wool felt
- Buttons, of any kind or style or age

Yarn
- Learn to Spin Kit, I want to learn to spin so I would love a starter set
- Fibers for spinning or felting in pretty much any color
- Dog slickers or old carders or something to prep spinning fibers, I'm getting a bunch from someone in a month or so
- Bamboo knitting needles, double pointed or circular

Miscellaneous
- Stamp carving supplies
- Polymer clay supplies
- Embroidery hoops & floss
- Paint brushes (one can never have too many!), watercolour, oil, acrylic or large house painting brushes
- Paints, watercolour, oil, acrylic, house paint samplers

Extras
- Dark chocolate
- Regional specialties, candies, dried fruits, etc
- Baked goods
- Wee knick knacks or treasures from thrift or antique stores, small unique decorative pieces to be alone or could be reused
- Things for the furbabies, dog toys or treats or a piggie sack/cup

Surprise!
I love surprises! So feel free to surprise me with anything you think I would like! I'm really pretty easy to please & everything will find a loving home here! <3 Most everything on my Pinterest is something I like & would like to have or have some interpretation of, even if it's just inspiration for you! I don't think there is anything off limits on there. Smiley Also, feel free to contact me with any questions for any project! I would be more than happy to answer them, just don't ruin the surprise :p
P. Sparrow on Pinterest

Thank you in advance! Happy birthday all my Leos & Virgos! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012 07:50:04 AM by Painted Sparrow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teller of Stories, Creator of Worlds, One of the Imagining Ones.
MRDes on FB
FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012 05:37:46 AM »

Hey, I'm Nikki!  I'll be 30 on August 15th.  I live in Kentucky with my husband, two children (Parker and Desi) and my dog.  I'm a stay at home mom, now.  I like a lot of random things.  I wish I had more space for knickknacks, but I don't.  :/  My profile includes a lot of my likes/dislikes.  And I've got a pretty heavy duty pinterest going now.  If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to ask. 

My husband is allergic to cats, and we don't really care for smoke.  If its something I can wash, then I can deal with it, but if its not washable, please don't claim if you have cats or smoke.  I'm also allergic to gold and lanolin, which I don't think I'd receive anything like that, I'd just like to state it, just in case.

We do have a dog, if anyone is allergic to dogs.

My favorite colors are pink, teal and gray.  Orange would probably be my least favorite.

I'll try to build on this, but this was all I could come up with at the moment.  Smiley  And its not really organized yet.  Sorry.

Crafts
Knitted Mandrake, (probably my most wanted thing) http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313834565/

A hoop. Here is the link to my hoop board on Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/harleyquinn1504/hoops/  one coming from MareMare and PaintedSparrow. Thank you so much.

Bunny scarf http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313749369/

Vicks Vapor Rub shower discs http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276314015473/

Necklace charm like this http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313421496/ Or this http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313420428/ If including names, it'd be Parker and Desi.

Unicorn pillow http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313522037/

Dollhouse furniture, big enough to fit a Barbie or Monster High doll.  Bed, chairs, etc.

Origami crane branch. Doesn't have to be exact, but similar to this. http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313480879/

Finn from Adventure Time's hat and backpack, sized for about a 6 year old.  Smiley  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PopfXYfrxJU/TQhF2HfIpWI/AAAAAAAACJs/UFNXhhlFwX0/s1600/Adventure_Time_Finn_and_Jake_by_NiGHTSfanKevin.jpg

These pillows: http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276313347926/

Altoids tin, tic tac toe games.  I'd need at least two of these, if you claim me for this, please.   http://pinterest.com/pin/285908276314681053/

A sewing machine cover would be cool.  I've got a few pinned here, that I like the style of.  I'm not super particular on this.  http://pinterest.com/harleyquinn1504/sewn-accessories-or-misc/

Supplies
Hoops. I like 9inches or under
Embroidery floss
Seed beads. (I'd probably use them on hoops) thanks Eiseldora!

Here's a link to my pinterest.  I'd be open for a pinterest surprise, if you see something you'd like to make on my boards.  Except for "My Personal Style-Fitness and the things ive made and recieved.  Also, if you decide on something in my Silhouettes board, please talk to me about it, as I could direct you as to who I've kinda pinned it for.  Some images I've pinned for my kids.   A pinterest surprise from Eiseldora.  Thanks Smiley

http://pinterest.com/harleyquinn1504/ 

Thanks.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012 06:58:02 PM by FeliciaSlayDCRG » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012 11:15:39 AM »

Hi all, I'm Mary Ann and I live in Portland OR, USA. I'll be 31 on August 9th.  I like to sew, quilt, crochet, make everything bath and body and dabble in a couple other things. I would love anything off my list or a Pinterest surprise! No clothing (for me) or jewelry please, I'm picky on clothing and have contact dermatitis so I can't wear jewelry, no matter what it's made out of. I love turquoise, silver, and am currently having a torrid love affair with gray. I like most colors.  I love gerber daisies .

Crafted Items

--A Hoopla! (is that the singular form? I mean you can send me plural if you want Wink ) Some themes that would be cool are any quotes or characters from any interests found in my profile, quick recap on faves: Clueless, Office Space, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Friends, Buffy, Zelda, Mario, the short story "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. I also love dress forms and have several mini quilts in dress form theme, so would love to continue that collection

--I would love this one in particular To Whom Hoopla

--Something bookish and crafty. I have a BA in English Literature and Writing, so anything classic inspired or referencing books/words/writing is cool. No bookmarks please because I am a naughty lady and just dog ear the corners (and have a Kindle). Old books turned into something new is cool, like these shelves or just book themed like this block (would be a cool pillow)

--A soft sewn scarf made out of stretch jersey. Plum, turquoise, or gray would be lovely!

--A table runner, I have various kinds pinned on a couple of my Pinterest boards (Decorative and Crafted Items You Can Make for Me and Crafts I Want to Make)

--Place mats! Either my style or something kid-ish that my nephews might like.

--A fun centerpiece that I could use year round (not holiday or season specific). I have a few pinned on the Decorative Board. Can you tell my dining room table is kinda sad and needs to be prettied up!?

--A travel paper piecing kit like this:
http://pinterest.com/pin/236931630366267184/

--Hair clips of the "alligator clip" style. I love flowers. I don't need matching pairs since I only wear one at a time. I have dark hair so I love bright colors and light colors, black gets lost up in there Smiley This is just one style I think is lovely. Small to medium sized is cool (probably not bigger than 3 inches across?). Decorated bobby pins (glittery!) are also welcome, I chopped my hair to about chin length.

--Pretty random, but I would love a stitched/painted/some form of this: Hit the toilet, dummy! with a picture of a bar of soap and some soap bubbles. Family story lol.

--Any wall art, painted, mixed media, photography, whatever. I do love the types that have a page from a book as the background and some kind of figure in front of it.
http://pinterest.com/pin/236931630365682535/

--Some luggage handles like these, except not in red or pink or purple please (my current luggage is burgundy.)
http://pinterest.com/pin/236931630366079346/

--A pinterest surprise! It doesn't have to be off the "Crafted items you can make for me" board, my "Decorative" board and even the "Crafty things I want to Make" boards have cool stuff that I just might not get around to making. Wink Just no clothing or jewelry please, even if I have it pinned!  Kiss And I think I have a couple items there that I specifically say I want to make for some person or other so not those please.

http://pinterest.com/soapsbymaremare/

Craft Supplies

--Any of these craft books, or these craft books especially Circle Quilts or Modern Blocks or Scrap Republic I love craft books, and would welcome pretty much any quilting, crochet, or embroidery book, but if it's not on my list maybe check with me first since I do have a pretty decent collection Cheesy Of course I welcome used books!

--Fabric! I love fabric, especially quilting cottons. Strangely enough I never seem to have enough solids but I love fun prints. I can always use polka dots and stripes as mixers and love modern florals, but not old timey ones. There's some examples of what I like on here:
http://pinterest.com/soapsbymaremare/craft-supplies/

--This (or other) chevron fabric would be a great staple
http://pinterest.com/pin/236931630366333543/

--A book of cross stitch patterns would be great

--Any of these fabrics from the Summersville by Lucie Summers line:  Brush Strokes, Scandi, Fall, Check/Weave in any of the color ways but the red (London)

--I LOVE Michael Miller Ta Dots dots fabric.
http://www.pinkchalkfabrics.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=37_47_368_370

--Any Laura Gunn fabric (although I have tons of the Poppy linesome Lantern Bloom would be amazing, or Garden Wall or Magnolia Lane)

--Riley Blake Winter Wonderland to do some Christmas stitching!
http://www.fatquartershop.com/Alpine-Wonderland-Sheri-Berry-Riley-Blake-Designs.asp?sid=378151649473781&Store_id=499

--Fun buttons are always welcome

--I would love a couple yards of stretch jersey or other stretch fabric to attempt a dress (I haven't made clothing in years!)

--I love trim like tiny ric rac or double fold bias tape

--I love Lion Brand Microfiber yarn and am collecting it for a big project. I like all the colors but I think I dont have any of the periwinkle-ish color so that would be cool (not sure what its exact name is)

Extras

--I've never kicked chocolate out of bed, especially if it's Lindt or Cadbury or contains nuts. Yum!
--Any books you've read and would like to pass along, I love horror, sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural stuff!
--Random treats or tiny toys for my 3 nephews are always welcome, they are 4, 6 , and 8
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012 01:39:39 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
endymion
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012 03:06:54 PM »

Hi, Im Pam. I live in the American Midwest and Ill turn 50-something on August 23. Spend most of my time at home with Bill (hubbie) and Will (teenage son).  Love crafting (including decorating baked goods, though I dont do as much of that these days as I used to.)  Id say my taste is contemporary for the most part, but I also love midcentury, deco, arts and crafts

Decoratively, my kitchen has a colorful fruit motif heaviest on dark red, goldenrod yellow, and various greens.  Im working on a Teesha-Moore-style wall hanging for it, also incorporating 1950s kitchen themes. It might be fun to have other accessories that would coordinate with it:

Place mats,
Potholders,
Spoon rest,
Hand toweltake your pick or think of something else!
(Or some patches for the wall hanging itself.)

I work at a sleep laboratory, and it would be fun to have something to take to the office, that had (a) moon(s) or (an) owl(s) on it (But would prefer ones that did not look at all Halloween-ish.) Or you could go with an anatomical theme too realistic brains or hearts, brainwaves, EKG, etc.  Or even dreams/nightmares I like the old Little Nemo comics and the Klaus Wickl-style Sandman gnome. The item itself could be almost anything, for example:

Decorated 3-ring binder
Letter opener
Little container for paperclips
(Steer away from anything involving rubber bands, though I have a nasty latex allergy.)
 If youre feeling super-ambitious, even a tote bag. Or whatever else you dream up.

I usually do my crafting in front of the television, sitting in bed. Im always losing track of the 2 remote controls, so a holder that goes on the side of a mattress would be great. A bedside eyeglasses holder would be good, too not a case, but just something to quickly slip your glasses into, before you go to sleep. Colors in that room are a very pale, buttery yellow, sage green, with small touches of burgundy red.

I already have a super-fantastic pin cushion made for me by a fellow craftster, so I dont need that, but have never had a needle case, so that would be good.

My bathroom is gray and black, silver, and creamy white, decorated with black wrought iron and a did-it-myself tin ceiling. My husband is particular about wanting a certain brand of tissues, but they never come in the right colors for the bathroom, so a tissue box cover would also be nice. And thanks, Eiseldora, for some awesome washcloths!

Other random options:
Car tote...
Or a hand-painted/decorated umbrella?
I wear pendants, clip-on earrings, and (more rarely) wrist bands or pins.
Picture frame?

I really hope to receive handcrafted items! Everyone on Craftster is so talented! But if not, I would also enjoy fabric or trims or "Jar of Whimsy"-type trinkets. Honestly, hand-me-downs would be better than new. Tie dyes and batiks and organic designs are all favorites, but also like strong black and white graphics like stripes, circles, spirals, etc.
 Thanks, Eiseldora, for some beautiful fabrics!

I sense Im getting carried away   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FELLOW AUGUST-BORNS!!!!
 Cheesy

P.S. My allergy information: I don't smoke, and don't have any pets (but no real allergies to those things). Latex is my only allergy... as well as related food items (most fruits, shellfish).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012 05:08:22 PM by endymion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion at the 65th Primetime Emmys
How to Choose the Right Bra
Marios Schwab - London Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Designer Biography: Roland Mouret - Videofashion
Designer Biography: Chloé - Videofashion
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...