A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 3433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 01, 2012 02:08:15 PM »

Swap name: August Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 August 2012 to 31 August 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the July swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for.  You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim and send.  Also send a PM to the organizer and your sender when you receive.  You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims.  Please include the swap name and month in your subject line!  Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from.  If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.  

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: August Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 02:19:04 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012 02:09:21 PM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swappers
Blue = give these guys some love for claiming more than they've been claimed
(3) Jexxican 2/0/2
(2) pollyprissypants 2/0/2
(2) Belladune 2/0/2
(1) BeccaJaneStClair 1/0/0
(3) deathbeforedishes 4/1/3
(1) MadHatteh 1/0/1

(2) AmandaBL 2/0/2
(2) bunny1kenobi 1/0/1
(2) Casey1201 2/0/2

(1) Koreena 1/0/1
(1) dark.star.88 1/0/0
ANGEL: gotgrey

Claims
Sent
Received
Late

Due Aug 15
Pollyprissypants --> jexxican for scrappy hexagonal boot thingies

Due Aug 16
Belladune --> Jexxican for some fibery goodness
Belladune --> Pollyprissypants for some Wool Dryer balls and an Icord wrap bracellet

Due Aug 21
deathbeforedishes --> Belladune for something coffee board inspired.

Due Aug 22
madHatteh --> deathbeforedishes for a rainbow-y pinterest surprise supplies

Due Aug 23
AmandaBL --> jexxican for wine glasses from your dishes board
AmandaBL --> bunny1kenobi for a matchbox house
deathbeforedishes --> MadHatteh for something Harry Potter board inspired!

Due Aug 24
BeccaJaneStClair --> bunny1kenobi for some HP mini potion bottles and a mickey keychain

Due Aug 26
pollyprissypants --> AmandaBL for some painted soup can votives

Due Aug 27
Koreena --> Casey1201 for some crochet slippers

Due Aug 30
deathbeforedishes --> BeccaJaneStClair for something Harry Potter Board inspired

Due Aug 31
dark.star.88 --> deathbeforedishes the cat keyboard armrest

Due Sep 3
Casey1201 --> Koreena for some artwork

Due Sep 8
bunny1kenobi --> deathbeforedishes for a fun pinterest surprise!
casey1201 --> pollyprissypants for a tiered skirt

Due Sep 9
jexxican --> casey1201 for an owl purse and learn to spin kit.

Due Sep 10
Deathbeforedishes --> AmandaBL for something 'Want board' inspired

Due Sep 12
Jexxican --> belladune coiled fabric bowl(s)

Due Sep 14
jexxican --> dark.star.88 for some lavender sachets
THIS MONTH'S WINNER: deathbeforedishes. Congrats!

Due Sep 18
gotgrey --> deathbeforedishes ANGEL
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012 08:58:14 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012 06:55:45 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.

I am a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a new baby. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do. Here is the link to my Pinterest board specifically for my kids, though I'm sure you can find inspiration for them on some of my other boards as well: http://pinterest.com/jexxican/little-people/ Need info for sizing or anything just ask! I'm thinking I would really like some stuff for them to use for Christmas presents.

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation, though I would really not like anything from the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though like I said, feel free to be inspired by it. The same with my "art" board, really. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little. Except my fiber. For some reason I'm trying to build a stash there, so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super., too.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I also really dig fall colors, being a redhead and all. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. I'm not usually very girly. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. And my husband is straight up nerd. The board "Nerdery" is all about him. I think that's all there is to us. Feel free to be inspired to create for any of us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012 07:03:47 PM »

Hey guys! I'm Andrea, from the Houston area of Texas.

When it comes to swaps, I'm really easy to please. If you make it, I'll love it. I'm currently trying to redecorate/repaint/redo the house/yard, so anything you want to send me from boards pertaining to that would be awesome.

No kids, but I have a niece. Anything marked with Peanut is for her- I'd prefer to craft those items myself. 'For The Boy' is for my husband, feel free to make him something if you want.

All boards are open. Exact copies or inspired-by projects are all welcome. No allergies, although cigarette smoke tends to make me stuffed up and sneezy.

http://pinterest.com/culver1culver/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012 08:47:17 AM »

Hello fellow pinterest addicts. My  name is Kara, I'm from Canada.  I have 3 kiddos, and a cat and a husband.  I have allergies you should be aware of when choosing me:  Sulphites - found in food and soaps.  If you wash something fabric in normal soap, I'll just re wash it as soon as it gets to me, so it's not big a deal.  Fragrances:  This also applies to things washed.  If you could avoid drying fabric things with bounce/fabric softners, that'd be super.  Gluten: likely doesn't have anything to do with anything swap related, but if you added some goodies, as an extra, you should know I can't eat gluten.

Okay as to my pinterest boards.  There are 2 crafty boards, Craft ideas - which I want to try myself one day, but please feel free to be inspired by it.  And Crafty Pretty things, that I'd love to have things crafted from.  My Words of wisdom, Fibre, Knit&Crochet,  Coffee, and For the Kidlettes boards are all good places to go looking for inspiration as well. 

If someone who joins this swap can sew, and can make one of these two sweaters specifically, I'd love love them forever and ever. http://pinterest.com/pin/249105423108728933/
http://pinterest.com/pin/249105423109226016/
Please dont' think I wouldn't be thrilled to recieve anything else, because I would love some of everything.  I just love those sweaters.

http://pinterest.com/belladune/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Becreddick
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012 12:52:59 AM »

Hi. Im Bec!
I live in Perth western Australia, I have a husband (who love DVD's of Michael Cain and Dr Who) A little girls named Emelia who is about to turn 2, and loves all things pretend! She loves to be a little mummy, 2 cats and 1 dog :-) No allergies 

I love Sewing, and love receiving all things sewing. I am currently learning to crochet, but am not very good at it, so far I can make a granny square   I scrapbook, make jewlery and do all things papercraft.

I LOVE hoops, crochet doileys, Art for my sewing room wall, anything for my little girl, and well really anything!!

My pinterest board is really quite big, so I have gone through all of my albums and put anything I would really LOVE into this album - http://pinterest.com/becreddick/someone-pleasssse-make-for-me/ but please feel free to make anything from any album! exact replicas are not required.

I mainly wear black, grey, red, purple and green. I love big earings, and long dangly necklaces. 

this is the link to my pinterest board

http://pinterest.com/becreddick/

excited!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins :-)

Practice random acts of crafting

my pinterest; http://pinterest.com/becreddick/
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012 08:54:26 PM »

Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Hi! I am a mother of 2 wonderful daughters, ages 5 and 6. I live in Indiana, USA; though I am originally from California.  I will love anything you make for me.  Cheesy

I love the color peach and I love rainbows. I cannot knit and I don't machine sew very well, so receiving anything done in those mediums would be awesome.

I love hats! I'd love the one on my Peachy Goodness board... I'd love anything knitted or crocheted really.

My husband is allergic to rabbits and incense gives me very bad headaches
So, no rubbing bunnies on what you make.  Wink

My Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/leilaninaomi

All my boards are fair game, though my 'Things I've Made' board may not be the best to choose from. Wink

I am open to receiving crafting supplies as well.

Be inspired or make me a replica! It's up to you!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012 09:48:52 AM by deathbeforedishes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
MadHatteh
Don't touch that

Or that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012 09:35:41 AM »

Howdy everyone Smiley I am Morgan and I am from Indiana, and this is my first pinterest swap.

A little about me, I turn 21 on the 9th and I am very, VERY excited for it. I have no children or fur babies but I have full intent of treating myself to a husky puppy by the end of the year. I am in the Army Reserves and absolutely love it. My favorite color is gray followed by yellow which is followed by purple. Pinning things to my pinterest is something I like to do (This swap will finally make me organize it and put everything in sub boards) I love to sew and have my own machine. I have begun dabbling with hand embroidery so I can make Tessa Moore patches. My goal is to make a purse out of them with the theme being 'Morgan', just things that define me, interests I have, etc. I also enjoy making hemp jewelry, painting and drawing. Here recently I have been trying new things like stenciling tee shirts.

Pro tips on making me things: I cannot crochet or knit, I tried out a how to knit for 10 year old; skid and was horribly discouraged by the end of it. I love hoops, I received my first one in the first swap I hosted and would love to have a wall of them. You seriously cannot lose with something Harry Potter based. Wink

Some things I love are: Huskies, Harry Potter (Slytherin house), Star Wars, blankets, socks, wall art, hooplas, dream catchers, hoodies (pull over ones, not zip up), the color gray, sleeping, pampering myself, bike riding, being outside and active, FABRIC (if you've got scraps you'd like to get rid of I would love to have them Wink ), the cheshire cat, milk, bracelets, Disney, cooking, tye dye, Where the Wild Things Are, Pokemon, Zelda, hats, quotes, mini things, stud type earrings, embroidery thread, charms for jewelry making purposes

http://pinterest.com/whildthingsr/
Warning: My pinterest is very large I feel, check out my 'Make me this' board or browse through 'And there was absolutely nothing for ideas! Smiley Please avoid making things from 'Crafts I need to do' because I want to make those things! Smiley

Quotes I like:

'Nothing can do anything to me'
'I go to seek a great perhaps'
'Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real'
'How will I ever get out of this labyrinth?'
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
'Stay gold pony boy'
'When I get sad I stop being said and be awesome instead'

SUPPLIES!

I am in need of knit/crochet snitches for a craft I have in mind bu as I cannot do either craft I am S.O.L. to receive a handful of those would be super!

I also collect foreign coins, bottle caps, and keys so I can do a craft with them when I have enough.

I adore fabric of all sorts, cute things are my favorite but I can put anything to use

Zippers

Charms/things I can hang on a hemp necklace/beads
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012 02:47:47 PM by MadHatteh » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012 04:32:39 AM »

Hi Everyone! I'm Becca, though some of you might know me as AnnaOnTheMoon, as I changed my handle recently to match my blog....but since Pinterest has a character limit, you'll find me there as AnnaOnTheMoon (http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon/ ) All my boards are open, but PLEASE ignore the kids and pregnancy boards, as I am neither pregnant nor do I have children....I just like to pin things for future reference!!

I live in Lincoln, UK, but am American and grew up in NJ (and lived in PA before I moved).  I had always wanted to live in the UK, so when I met my husband and he asked if I would marry him and move to the UK, I said yes. Cheesy  Fairy tale come true!!  I love - purple, harry potter, anne of green gables, big bang theory, downton abbey, science fiction (doctor who, battlestar galactica, babylon 5, Eureka) cath kidston prints (the big floral stuff), disney, steam trains, and butterflies. I hate the colour and taste of orange, but I love looking at sunsets and my blog is orange. Go figure.  I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, so it's meant a complete overhaul of our lifestyle, but I'm coping well and have managed to drop several dress sizes since March.  Motivational things go down well with me Smiley.  In addition to crafting, I love cooking and baking (Sad), singing, going Nordic Walking, riding small steam trains (we're into Narrow Gauge stuff), and playing with model steam trains in the garden (16mm to the foot).

A few things off my Pinterest I've really been wanting....

I would love if someone could make me a camera strap cozy -  http://pinterest.com/pin/185914290837374135/ because I really want a way to keep my camera distinguishable from my husbands without us going "well, mine has a scratch there and yours has one there" (we have the same DSLR!)

I'm also desperate for knitted socks, but I can't knit, so I have loads of patterns for socks pinned for when I eventually learn!

I'm open to receiving things that haven't been crafted but are on my pinterest list, like the supplies to make one of my items.  I'm also open to you interpreting something on my pins in your own way/style.  a slogan I pinned on a T-shirt or tote bag, for example.

I've not crafted in a while, so please excuse me if I'm a bit rusty!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012 04:34:04 AM by BeccaJaneStClair » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
AmandaBL
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012 08:11:46 AM »

Hi there :-)  I'm Amanda & this is my first pintrest swap. Following is an overly ambitious bio I wrote for another swap and am re-using because it covers about everything!  Inspired by types of items are super as are duplicates.  I'm excited to see  your pins!

I am 34.  I am a wife and a girlfriend.  I have sons.  I am a stylist.  My life has been rough for the past couple of years, full of death and illness and tumultuous circumstances.  My family saves me.  I love my home and the people I spend my time with.  I love to be out doors.  I enjoy camping, the beach, springs, & water parks.  Living in central FL lets me enjoy plenty of those things & I adore living here. I do most crafts that don't involve REALLY high heat.  I would love to learn welding.  I am a secular humanist.   I am a decided non-believer when it comes to religion, although I attended seminary & had a brief stint as a mega church employee. It was a close call, but I escaped.  Some people find peace in religion.  I found peace in admitting that I just don't believe.  My politics are far left.  I love people.  Gay people.  People of every color.  People not born in the USA.  I believe we all do better when we all do better.  I love the opportunity to be a better person, even when it is tough to do so; perhaps especially when it is tough to do so, because that is when we really grow.  I think the older I get, the more I understand & know myself.  I hope that by the time I am ancient I will have figured out living.  I am a tiny house enthusiast, even though I live in a regular sized home right now.  I have a family of 5, so tiny house living isn't super practical for me right now, but a girl can dream. I am very girly & am surrounded by the culture of beauty more than the average woman, given my occupation.  I find myself rejecting it more and more & this is a fascinating path to take.  I am always intrigued by women who have chosen to check out from all of that.  I am a fan of feminist writings, especially singer song writer Ani DiFranco.  I love music and well written lyrics. I enjoy erotica & other sex positive literature. I think 50 Shades of Grey is pathetic and it depresses me that it is so popular. I am not a "movie person" per say but Pulp Fiction, Fight Club & Usual Suspects are my favorites.  I'm very open minded and not easily offended - you'd really have to try. I don't subscribe to the idea that any words are bad, & I think nudity is just swell.

All my boards are fair game except auntie, since I am not yet an auntie so the gender of the non existent child is unknown.

http://pinterest.com/amandalakes/

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012 08:24:41 AM by AmandaBL - Reason: I forgot the pintrest link. Really. O-o » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lightroom 2 Layout Features
Smart Collections in Lightroom 2
Using the Filter Bar in Lightroom 2
All About Collections in Lightroom 2
Installing a Web Widget in Dreamweaver CS4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...