A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
824 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap (SU Closed; MAIL BY 10/01/12).  (Read 25125 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2012 07:36:27 AM »

Ahh that figures, that newfangled technology. I am resisting it yet, and don't have a smartphone. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we're all implanted with smarttech anyway lol. I'll just hold out til then  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2012 01:12:54 PM »

The way my pieces are shaping up, they're kinda getting creepy...cool?

Especially good since the abandonment will most likely happen coming up on Halloween!  Smiley I was looking at the cute feet on your houses and thought about that plastic coating liquid (Plasti-Dip?) that microjivvy used for part of an altered tin...it seems like if you dipped the feet in that stuff, and let it drip/harden downward toward the "toes", it would make them into really good "claws"...I hope that makes sense...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012 01:22:46 PM by calluna - Reason: added link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2012 02:24:45 PM »

Hah I've been kind of stuck on what to do for the feet. My original thought was to cover it in another lighter layer of clay, but I like the idea of the plasti-dip claws  Cheesy Though I'm suddenly getting the thought of hot glue, layering it so they're kind of knobbed and evil looking  Grin We'll see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2012 02:26:18 PM »

I don't have a smartphone either - but that is more because I am waiting for my current contract to expire.  I was admiring my sister's Samsung Galaxy the other day though.  I was going to package mine in little party gift bags with a note in an envelope attached with one of the bird clippies I made (or butterfly, or leaves)

No pic here, but they are on my blog

I am working out in my mind some ideas and going from there.  I picked up some paper materials yesterday from the bookstore section of the library that I am excited to play with.  My sister is in town, from Singapore, this week, so I may not get much of a chance to advance in anything until she is gone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2012 11:29:11 AM »

Here's a progress shot on one of my art ideas, magnetic mousetrap note clip. They have been painted but now I have to decide what type of design. These are just mock ups. I like the lobster but I'll need a different one. This one is too difficult to cut out. I may go with a coffee theme. I can't decide.

I did make this to abandon. Some kid will love getting it and I can drop it here somewhere near our Carousel.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012 02:41:48 PM by Lady_Lilybell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2012 12:32:10 PM »

awww I wish I found that little dragon somewhere!

A coffee theme could be great, to leave on the outside table at a coffee joint Smiley  Only problem with restaurants is people might turn found things in to lost and found without paying attention to the 'this is for you, take it' tag.

I found small round cardboard boxes with lids at the dollar store and bought 7, planning to decorate them and put something in them.  Working on a space and alien theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2012 04:31:00 PM »

The knight and dragon are cute! That'd be fun to find abandoned.

So I've been working slowly over the last week. Here was my crafting desk at the beginning...

And here's my desk now (apologies for the crappy lighting)...

And one piece I'll share with you guys; I decided this is one I'm going to keep for myself to abandon since it's pretty heavy but I like it. I feel like it needs maybe one more element...not sure what yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2012 11:56:28 AM »

SheepBlue- maybe add something to the end of the red string? Or maybe another pop of color behind the keys? I love the rusted look of your piece.

After reading what everyone else is doing, I am afraid my creations are going to be too plain. I bought some 3x3 canvases at Michael's and I've been messing around with them- adding texture and colors.

I haven't decided how I am going to finish them yet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2012 07:19:53 PM »

Ooh those look awesome UF! I love the front two, though that may just be because I can see them a bit better. Keep going with the canvases! I told myself to keep pushing what I'm working on, worst case scenario you hate it and can cover it up with a layer of something and have a more interesting complex texture?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2012 04:14:51 PM »

I was drawing crazy shapes with color pencils last night while watching my DH plays games. A layer of paint and some letters later:

I put it between two heavy books since I bend the paper peeling off the stickers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Journal
How to Make Your Own Clay
How to Make Your Own Disco Ball
How to Find Glass Blowing Classes
How to Find Glass Blowing Jobs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...