A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap (SU Closed; MAIL BY 10/01/12).  (Read 22657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LeapFeetFirst
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2012 07:58:15 AM »

I have been thinking about where to abandon the art I receive. Our city is pretty small- but we do have a thriving farmers market, so I was thinking I would attach some to the pavilion on Saturday morning before the market starts. We also have a city wide sculpture tour where the statues change every year. I think it would be fun to hang some art on those.  I was also thinking of abandoning some art near the office of our local art and event newspaper to try and get a mention on their website or facebook page- like this covert art abandoner Smiley http://volumeone.org/news/1/posts/2012/05/09/3080_chippewa_river_monster_2_nessie_returns

Ooh I just had the idea of hanging a piece of art from a clothing rack at a store, tucked in one of those round carousel things so that someone would stumble upon it while browsing.

What a fun idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jmiller614
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2012 10:10:58 AM »

Woot woot. One day left! And we've gotten a few more people!

The ideas in here are steamrolling out of control with fabulousness. I encourage everyone to discuss ideas with their partners as well. The swap requires 5 SMALL items plus an additional SMALL for the partner. If you would like to provide more or larger items, please discuss this with your partner. I do not want anyone to hold back, but even a pipe cleaner flower to stick in the ground is just as lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2012 10:24:12 AM »

I love both the real painted rocks idea and the faked out rocks.  Only thought is they either need to be obvious enough to be discovered, or you need to be ok with the idea that they could be out there an unknown time before eventual finding.

I think I'm impatient enough that I'll want my things to be discovered fairly easily.  A very kooky idea for transoforming a household object into an art object/container came to me last night, and I need to wait a few days and revisit the idea in order to determine if it was late night hallucination or doable and cool. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2012 10:27:11 AM »

Oh my goodness, how did I miss this?  This is fabulous.  My best friend and I have been talking of guerrilla arting the heck outta places around here and a few weeks back started leaving homemade art stickers on trashcans, utility boxes, lightposts, etc, just to make the world a prettier place. Oh this is a lovely idea for a swap, I am so so happy to see it, can't wait to see the gallery!  Super fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
76/50 swaps
74/50 friends/family
150/50 total
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2012 10:49:04 AM »

I am no longer able to resist this swap....just sent in my q' Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
calluna
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2012 11:53:58 AM »

I looove the floating Nessie installation; thanks for sharing that, UntouchableFace!  Cheesy

Unfortunately, I've had to drop out of the formal swap, but like Smmarrt I will be continuing along with the discussion and doing some abandonments here. I can come up with a couple things that would be okay to send, but not 6 in the next month. Once I get a couple of okay things completed everything else I do is going to become rather mediocre and last-minute.  Embarrassed It might be good enough as a random-act-of-kindness for a random stranger who chooses to pick it up, but not good enough to send to a fellow Craftsterer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2012 12:12:07 PM »

Aww, I'm sorry you won't be in the swap Calluna! I think you grossly underestimate your abilities to make quality items, I always love the projects you come up with. I'm glad you'll stick around for the convo though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2012 03:56:21 PM »

I caved and signed up.  I already have a bunch of little stuffies I made for no apparent reason, those along with a crane or two, maybe, or some other small craft (we'll see how the champagne cork mice turn out...) and I'm set!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2012 06:19:19 PM »

Aww calluna - I have to admit I am disappointed.  I enjoy your contributions to the thread and you certainly have me thinking.  I was really looking forward to seeing your contributions.  I also think you underestimate yourself!  Or you are too hard on yourself!

I in no way think I am any kind of a special artist, but I feel I could craft something that could give someone a little glow of surprise and happiness if they were to find it.  I hope that counts enough, because if anyone is ever expecting a masterpiece from me, I think they would be sorely disappointed!  But I like the process of the making, and how this discussion, and this forum in general pushes me to try new things, and I see this as a fun challenge to stretch myself further.

The new (reused) whiteboards in my craft room are scribbled full of little ideas for this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
calluna
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2012 08:14:06 PM »

Thanks, I'll definitely show what I do make and release, and I'm hoping I can get a picture of the flags I'm making when they're in place.

Hmm, cork mice might be floatable...the possibilities! I don't know about putting them in a free-flowing body of water, but if there's a big pond in a park where you could send something out into the water without everyone seeing you, that would be good. Something floating will eventually wash up at someone's feet (ETA: make sure it isn't so small that an animal might ingest it!  Wink). What about a little raft made of corks (hot-glued together and/or connected with skewers/toothpicks), and a tiny stuffie perched on top of it? There's a Richard Scarry illustration of a mouse on a pole raft I'm thinking of.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012 08:09:08 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 6/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 7/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 8/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 5/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 3/19
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...