Cover image credit http://enpundit.com/uk-street-artist-takes-recycling-to-new-heights/
Swap name: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jmiller614
Sign-up date range: 8/1/12-8/17-12
Date to send item by: 10/01/12
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? 16
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO
Details of swap:
Who doesn't like to make art? And who wouldn't LOVE to randomly discover a bit of art in their local library or park?
Each swapper will create 5 small items (they can be duplicates or each different) to send to their partner to abandon. The receiving partner will place these items around their local hometown in the hopes of inspiring others and bringing a smile. Additionally, each person will include 1 small item for their partner. Again, this could be the same as what you made to be abandonned or something different along the swap theme.
As art is received and abandonned, the swapper should post pictures in the gallery. It would be fabulous if the swapper was able to follow up on the art to see if it had been discovered and post as well if possible.
The swap is open to each one's creativity so make this your own! Hiking last weekend I discovered a tree with christmas ornaments in the middle of the woods and it made my day. Hopefully we can share our own smiles and create our own game to figure out where to abandon.
This swap is inspired by a posting by a fellow craftster at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408484.0
Check out the GALLERY
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: jmiller614
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
What type of art do you like to make? Wearable? Waterproof? Paper? Etc.
Do you have a specific location you would like your art abandoned?
Do you have a specific location you would like to abandon the art you receive?
Anything your partner should know about your location? Rainy? Hot? No library or good inside locations nearby?
Do you have a camera/camera phone to take pictures when you receive and abandon?
Anything else your partner should know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.