A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap (SU Closed; MAIL BY 10/01/12).  (Read 22983 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jmiller614
« on: August 01, 2012 01:53:00 PM »

Cover image credit http://enpundit.com/uk-street-artist-takes-recycling-to-new-heights/

Swap name: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jmiller614
Sign-up date range: 8/1/12-8/17-12
Date to send item by: 10/01/12

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Additional Age requirement? 16

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:

Who doesn't like to make art? And who wouldn't LOVE to randomly discover a bit of art in their local library or park?

Each swapper will create 5 small items (they can be duplicates or each different) to send to their partner to abandon. The receiving partner will place these items around their local hometown in the hopes of inspiring others and bringing a smile. Additionally, each person will include 1 small item for their partner. Again, this could be the same as what you made to be abandonned or something different along the swap theme.

As art is received and abandonned, the swapper should post pictures in the gallery. It would be fabulous if the swapper was able to follow up on the art to see if it had been discovered and post as well if possible.

The swap is open to each one's creativity so make this your own! Hiking last weekend I discovered a tree with christmas ornaments in the middle of the woods and it made my day. Hopefully we can share our own smiles and create our own game to figure out where to abandon.

This swap is inspired by a posting by a fellow craftster at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408484.0

Check out the GALLERY here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414075.0

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: jmiller614

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Covert Art Abandoner's Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

What type of art do you like to make? Wearable? Waterproof? Paper? Etc.
Do you have a specific location you would like your art abandoned?
Do you have a specific location you would like to abandon the art you receive?
Anything your partner should know about your location? Rainy? Hot? No library or good inside locations nearby?
Do you have a camera/camera phone to take pictures when you receive and abandon?
Anything else your partner should know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012 09:24:29 AM by jmiller614 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012 01:53:21 PM »

Participants:

jmiller614
microjivvy
onyxnox
domesticmamma
sheepBlue
fancybutch
ThriftyLiving4U
FrankSpinello
Lady_Lilybell
LeapFeetFirst
annamaize
Summer6061
SilverMoon
trisarose
alteredmommy
Muahahahaha
Dr. Craft
puamelia
Smeddley

Partners:
Smeddley <--> annamaize microjivvy now sending to Smeddley
puamelia  <--> ThriftyLiving4U
Dr. Craft <--> Lady_Lilybell
Muahahahaha <--> alteredmommy
trisarose Eiseldora now angeling, trisa's was sadly lost in transit  <--> FrankSpinello
SilverMoon --> FancyButch --> jmiller614 --> Silvermoon
Summer6061 <--> LeapFeetFirst
sheepblue <--> onyxnox
DomesticMamma (Leslieshappyheart now a wonderful angel) <--> microjivvy (now sending to Smeddley)

Code
Package Sent
Package Received
Please Contact Organizer
Feedback Given
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012 08:19:55 AM by jmiller614 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012 03:26:49 PM »

I love this idea Smiley What a great way to spread love and art Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
microjivvy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012 03:42:38 PM »

Questionnaire sent.

squeeeeeeeee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Smmarrt

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012 04:10:55 PM »

Will join/sign up as soon as I finish a few other things this week/end.

Already have an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012 04:47:15 PM »

Will come back to this - I think I will be joining!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Dr. Craft
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012 06:10:55 PM »

Really love this idea. I work on a college campus and think that found-art will be a great stress reliever for students.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012 06:33:38 PM »

Yay, my sign-up is sent!  Now, thanks to you all, when I go out during daylight hours, I'm scouting out potential art-abandonment sites, which is more positive than my usual frame of mind when I'm out.  Smiley I'll keep working on my local art abandonment issues during the sign-up period and try to get some art out into the world.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012 08:12:09 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012 05:30:16 AM »

I live in a big city, work in a hospital, which is near our provincial parliament, between two universities, near an art college, a fashion district, a huge mall, etc, so I have lots of indoor places to abandon - so long as they are not threatening looking packages.  I also live in a suburban area with a huge zoo nearby and a large park/conservation area, so I could abandon outside as well.

BTW - question - when we make our items, are we shipping them unpackaged for the receiver to package for abandoning, or do we ship packaged and ready for abandonment?  Or should that be discussed amongst partners???

I could package, and leave open in case the receiver wants to leave a note...  I was thinking that for my received items, I would like to leave a note about our project/swap, and a link to this site, and any blog post I make about it, in case anyone wants to leave a comment when it is found.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
jmiller614
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012 10:41:21 AM »

I live in a big city, work in a hospital, which is near our provincial parliament, between two universities, near an art college, a fashion district, a huge mall, etc, so I have lots of indoor places to abandon - so long as they are not threatening looking packages.  I also live in a suburban area with a huge zoo nearby and a large park/conservation area, so I could abandon outside as well.

BTW - question - when we make our items, are we shipping them unpackaged for the receiver to package for abandoning, or do we ship packaged and ready for abandonment?  Or should that be discussed amongst partners???

I could package, and leave open in case the receiver wants to leave a note...  I was thinking that for my received items, I would like to leave a note about our project/swap, and a link to this site, and any blog post I make about it, in case anyone wants to leave a comment when it is found.

That would be really neat to hear from someone that found an item. I think in general the items should be shipped ready for abandonment so that one half of the team makes the item, the other half abandons it (and vice versa sending in the other direction). BUT, I think it would be great to talk with your partners about leaving a note with it. Definitely discuss possible notes and if the crafter could include them or the abandonner could add them. It might be easier for the crafter to include notes. This would also be better just in case someone who lives near the abandonner found the art and recognized the handwriting (slim, I know, but depending on who finds it, you do not necessarily need someone knocking at your door).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Baked and Grilled Meatloaf
How to Make Sloppy Joe Sliders
How to Make Bacon Pancakes
How to Make a Pulled Pork Sandwich
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...