I used the ol' waxed paper folded in half with crayon shavings method.
- First collect up some broken crayons.. or even new ones. Shave them up in a pencil sharpener.
- Tear off a fiarly large piece of waxed paper.. fold it in half.
- Sprinkle all your pretty shavings onto the paper.
- Fold paper back over and sharply crease the remaining 3 sides.
- Put something over the waxed paper and use an iron on a very very low setting to melt the shavings.
- Depending on how many shavings you used will determine the opacity of your decorations.
- When cooled, Trace onto your paper the shapes you want. I made little hearts out of white paper, and then traced those.. But you could use anything you want.
- String onto sting and hang up!
BTW: My hearts would have came out wayyy better.. But instead of plain crayons.. i used mixed crayons i made in my crayon maker that look like http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v19/cherriesrockmysox/cayons.jpg
Here is my decorated window.. slightly crooked pic.along with a dirty window.http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v19/cherriesrockmysox/winow.jpg