A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mini 12 days of christmas 2012 (signups:CLOSED sendouts: 11/28)  (Read 62875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: December 01, 2012 06:09:05 PM »

All my loot from margiej has been posted in the gallery!  Woo hoo so excited to begin opening!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 02, 2012 07:48:53 AM »

Sorry if I missed posting in this swap thread...lots going on in my life lately...all of it difficult.

Can't wait for the opening of the gifts to begin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #632 on: December 03, 2012 04:54:09 AM »

Weekly Check-in

Q:  Share a holiday memory with us, please.

A:  I remember when I was a wee little one.  Mom and me lived with my Grandparents and uncles.  They put real miniature candy canes on the Christmas tree.  So, me and my youngest uncle(he was so close to my age, he treated me like a little sister) we would pick a candy cane and eat it.  By the time is was Christmas-there wasnt many left on the tree.  Smiley

crafty status:  I have mailed, the package has been recieved.  I am so excited for my partner and her family to open the gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
texscrapper

« Reply #633 on: December 03, 2012 05:27:36 AM »

I was 6 when the Cabbage Patch craze was alive and well, and like every other 6 year old I HAD to have a doll. Imagine my joy when I came down the stairs on Christmas morning and there she was! We opened presents all morning, and as we were winding down, there stuffed in the back of the tree was a SECOND Cabbage Patch doll! At the time, I didn't know why my mom was so startled - Santa brought them both!

Years later, as I was fighting with every other toddler mother for a "Tickle Me Elmo" for my own darling, my mom recounted the story of the Cabbage Patch dolls. She had been out for weeks, following trucks to every major store to try to get a doll. She finally found one. Unbeknowenst to her, my dad also wanted to make sure that my wish came true. He purchased a Cabbage Patch off "the blck market"  Cheesy (today's equivelent to ebay & craigslist) for an obcense amount of money. He never told her he bought it, and she didn't tell him she found one either. That morning, everyone was surprised!

And yes - I still have Jeannie and Marty tucked away in my keepsake chest Smiley

My crafty box should arrive tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
cursive_queen
« Reply #634 on: December 03, 2012 06:14:35 AM »

When my twin sister and I were old enough to have probably stopped believing in santa (4th or 5th grade), we thought we could either catch our dad bringing presents out, or, once our parents were in bed, see what was out there.  After telling us to go to bed several times, we thought we were really sly and could open the door.  He had put a jingle bell on the outside of our door, so when we tried to open it, it made a loud noise and we were busted.

I got my package from my partner this weekend and will try to upload a picture of the wrapped goodies in the next day or two.
I believe she's due to get her package from me today
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #635 on: December 03, 2012 10:00:31 AM »

Answer:

Hmm, holiday memory. I honestly cant think of one specific right now. But when we were younger we all went out to the country to our grandparents farm and it was always exciting. The house would be crammed full of people and all the kids would go play outside in the snow that was frequently higher than our heads. Happy times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #636 on: December 03, 2012 11:02:18 AM »

I was one of those Cabbage Patch kids too, and after having 4 boys and not expecting any more kids I got rid of all my Barbies and Cabbage Patch dolls.  Then came Daysie!! You would not believe how excited I was when I went to ToysRUs a few weeks ago and saw that in addition to the now Cabbage Patch dolls, they have Heritage Cabbage patch, and I found MY EXACT DOLL!!!!  I bought it right away despite the $70.00 price tag!!! I just had to have Daysies first Cabbage Patch be the same as mine!!!

Anyways, I don't really have a great memory, but my mom always talks about when I was 2 we moved from Ontario to BC and we were broke.  My toys finally from Ontario finally arrived just before Christmas so she wrapped them all up and I was so excited!!! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #637 on: December 03, 2012 11:38:31 AM »

I also had a cabbage patch doll.  For christmas one year i got one, a little golden haired girl with blue eyes and pig tails.  she came with a birth certificate, and one year my grandma made me one.  She let me pick out the plastic head-I picked out a buald boy one.  ha ha.  It was very special because my grandma was not a crafter at all so, for her to make me one-was a true treasure.  Funny though-I was never a doll type of kid.  I preferred my uncles G.I. Joes, the Atari and his hungry hungry hippo game.  Smiley  Course, i LOVED my little ponies.  Oh mercy-how I loved those!  I had their pink castle.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #638 on: December 03, 2012 11:47:52 AM »

I know I miss the days when my boys were little.  Christmas just isn't the same any more.  I used to LOVE Christmas.  Now, it just kind of makes me sad. I have both good and bad memories of Christmas.  My package to my partner has been received, and I received my package from my partner today. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #639 on: December 03, 2012 03:01:42 PM »

I'm pre-Cabbage Patch doll time, but I still have Maggie and Susan my Christmas dolls from when I was 4 and 5, my "best friends" while growing up!  (They were made of hard-plastic in those days, pre-vinyl even!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Daisy Lewellyn on Shopping with an Editor’s Eye
Sabrina Jeffries on Her Novel When the Rogue Returns
Daisy Lewellyn: What Are You Reading?
Whitney Holcombe on Writing About Her Weight Loss
Elizabeth Winthrop: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...