A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mini 12 days of christmas 2012 (signups:CLOSED sendouts: 11/28)  (Read 60854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #480 on: October 29, 2012 06:14:23 AM »

Our decorations are sort of minimal, we don't really have a space to put a full sized tree, but we have a 2 foot pink one that we put a few decorations on (I worry about the dog and cats knock anything glass off, so those don't go up), some lights, stocking and a wreath.  I don't have a set time I put stuff up, I guess the first week of Dec or so.  I think my favorite thing is the Christmas scented candles/oils, that makes me feel like Christmas more than anything as living in the south doesn't give the Christmas like weather I was used to growing up.

Crafting is going pretty well, I think there are only 2 days that haven't been started at all, I have 3 completely done and everything else is in various stages that I flit through while things are drying/waiting on supplies/etc.  One of these days I need to remember to get a large enough box and some bubble wrap at the store so I can start wrapping things that are finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: October 29, 2012 10:56:31 AM »

A:  Growing up, I think we usually put the lights on the house right around Thanksgiving time.  My dad was very serious about not having Christmas stuff around until after Thanksgiving.  I think we never really got around to putting the tree up until about December 23rd!

Since I moved out, my Christmas decorating can start as early as Halloween (that was my rule in college), or even earlier, depending on my mood!

Crafting is still a bit halted, but I have some more ideas in the works for when I have a chance to craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #482 on: October 29, 2012 10:59:08 AM »

Good question this week! I usually try to wait til December first. I know in the US the thanksgiving weekend is usually the threshold, but in Canada Halloween is the nearest big event that could placemark, and it's just a tad early for my taste, haha. This year I'm actually moving on December first, so I'll just be unpacking all my Xmas decor along with everything else! Smiley

Progress: slow n steady wins the race! I am absolutely loving how the largest item is turning out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #483 on: October 29, 2012 11:58:40 AM »

Because I have SO MUCH STUFF, I usually decorate on Dec. 1st.  I don't think I would start any earlier.  I'm done w/the crafting for this swap.  I'm just waiting for some $ to ship.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #484 on: October 29, 2012 01:05:42 PM »

The storm is supposed to hit us tonight. I hope I can get home after work today without issues :/ I'm in Ontario so it won't be as bad as for you in the USA. Good luck everyone!

Answer: decorating usually is last minute. We pick up a small tree and do everything about a week before xmas day. My family home gets decorated when enough kids are home to do it. It's been getting done like the 23rd the last two years lol my mom likes having a real tree so they keep it up for a month after Christmas usually though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: October 29, 2012 05:34:19 PM »

Hoping all our crafty friends are ok from the storm. 

Christmas decorations go up the week I am off at Thanksgiving usually takes 2 full days they stay up until the 2 weeks I am off at Christmas and come down New years day!   

I am chugging along at a good pace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #486 on: October 29, 2012 07:28:27 PM »

I use a tree with lights already on it, and I packed my decorations right in that box last Christmas so I dont fuss much about decorating (No one ever sees it except me anyway) But I enjoy it so sometimes I even put it up maybe a week before Thanksgiving. 
I'm still crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
crazy4bags
« Reply #487 on: October 30, 2012 09:45:13 AM »

Sad I think I may have missed a few questions ...boo.  I have been really busy at work.  I should be better now. I'm visiting family this week ... and of course we're supposed to be hit by Sandy, although it doesn't seem bad today ... there are still flood warnings here in southern Ontario.  I have been crafting and waititng for an internet supply delivery ... which cam right before I left.  I have 6 days parially finished.  I'm coming home next week and intend to get down to brass tacks.  I did start digging out my christmas paper etc... before I left.

A: I decorate in dec ... usually the first weekend.  We're in our second year in our house, and our little guy will be 2 this christmas so my usual bahumbug attitude is suprisingly festive this year!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
adrienne_bowers
« Reply #488 on: October 30, 2012 01:35:34 PM »

I don't remember if I said the last time I posted how far along I was, but I'm finished!  Just need to wrap and box up.  Should be sending out by next week
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #489 on: October 30, 2012 06:30:42 PM »

All of you with little ones are so lucky!!!Be sure to let them help and have lots of decorations they can handle!!!I envy you!!
I sewed all afternoon, but I made stuff for my other swap --Secret Santa. But I'm ready to roc'n'roll
finally!!!!  Smiley Smiley 
I think I will go to storage this afternoon and get the tree box.  Is it too early??
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012 07:23:02 AM by margiej » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Sun Star Image Effect Part 2/2
How to Choose a Wardrobe for an Outdoor Portrait Part 1/2
How to Choose a Wardrobe for an Outdoor Portrait Part 2/2
How to Understand what is Important in a Portrait
How to Create Image Rhythm and Balance Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...