A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,240
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mini 12 days of christmas 2012 (signups:CLOSED sendouts: 11/28)  (Read 66863 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PurplePaisley
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2012 07:06:56 PM »

Q:  People always say that home made gifts are the best because they are made with love.  Whats something you will be making for someone in your family this year?

Unfortunately, not everyone in my family think this. I've been slowly not making for those who aren't as interested. It's unfortunate that too many people see crafting as a cheap way for gift giving. 

This year, I think I'm making some quilted zipper bags. I also make lots of edible goodies and baked goods. I'm making my grandmother a purple chainmaille bracelet.
Im thinking a Scoodie. My mom and I walk 3 miles every morning. And here in Seattle it gets very cold . So I think A scoodie to keep her nice and warm.
Craft Status: Im making progress and have a few things complete and need to get to the craft store so i can keep plugging along
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gigglygirl

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gigglygirl/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2012 01:17:16 PM »

I had to google scoodie. Smiley I think a little hood/scarf combo is a good idea especially since a hood wrecks less havoc on your  hair. Might have to try that....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raewolo
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2012 10:40:56 AM »

A. I agree with others...sometimes people are not that receptive of homemade gifts. I put feelers out to see who would like them, and then I only craft for those people. Why spend hours crafting something by hand when they act snobbish when they receive it? They can have a book XD

Crafting along!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2012 05:02:22 PM »

Still working on things for other swaps but still only have two items left to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2012 02:58:41 PM »

It saddens me what people are saying about people not really appreciating handmade gifts. Usually all of my gifts have at least some handmade component and it's always the favourite part for all my friends and family!

This Christmas I'm going to make my little sister some home-decor items (curtains, cushion cover maybe...) because she's moving out of my parents' house!

Progress: standstill. SUPER BUSY THIS WEEK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy4bags
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2012 06:53:25 PM »

It is really unfortunate but my family is the same way, nothing handmade is really considered a good gift.  My hubby is really likes (or is a really good faker) so I'm going to attempt an assassins creed hoodie for him.

crafting is coming along lots of smalls and mediums and all my "bought" goodies thanks to a special at work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2012 07:11:16 PM »

OMG!!! I totally suck!!! crazyforbags!!!  I completely forgot about measurements!! I will get them to you tomorrow, so sorry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
PurplePaisley
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2012 09:00:33 AM »

I had to google scoodie. Smiley I think a little hood/scarf combo is a good idea especially since a hood wrecks less havoc on your  hair. Might have to try that....
Super easy to make. I cut out without a pattern. And it turned out wonderful. So easy, and quick to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2012 11:34:23 AM »

It bums me out when people think handmade= cheap and easy way out! My fam is really good (or like crazy4bags' hubby and fake it good!) and seemingly appreciative. I have them actually request things that are handmade on occasion. If I make one of the people in the fam something, I usually have to make it for everyone - a few years ago it was aprons. Super cute and reversible, a hand drafted pattern that took about 6 hours each to make. but they all love their aprons! I have slowly been making quilts for the fam - I think the functionality of those make them a hit.

I know that my older sister used to not be so down with the handmade, but now she has seen the light. She even wants me to teach her to sew!! I made her three kids quilts (a 3 yo and twin 11 month olds) and her three year old loves his quilt and always tells people so proudly that his auntie Aisa made it! There is a family member that loves when I make him things. I am training him in the ways of the arts and crafts jedi Wink He'll be a crafty one, I hope!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2012 11:57:56 AM »

I've been forced finacially to make homemade gifts the last 3 or 4 years, but I don't think my family appreciates them, so oh well, I do swaps and y'all, my wonderful loved Craftster family are more appreciative!  Thank you for being there!   I think small gift cards will probably be my choice this year. 
I just got back from a weeks vacation to see my 86 year old mom, who almost is a hoarder I have decided and getting only consumable gifts from  now on!  I will get busy I PROMISE on crafting next week, PROMISE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motion 3: Using Multiple Masks
Motion 3: Steady Cam Made Easy and Simple
Shake 4: Simple Rig Removal
Shake 4: Using Plates
Shake 4.1: Tracking
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...