A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mini 12 days of christmas 2012 (signups:CLOSED sendouts: 11/28)  (Read 62889 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Helena Puck
« Reply #510 on: November 05, 2012 11:00:56 AM »

Weekly Check-In:

Q:  The movie 'Christmas with the Kranks' is a holiday movie where Mr. Krank wants to skip Christmas.  If you had the option to skip Christmas would you?

I actually had the option to spend a month in Brazil during Christmas break with a friend. My family did an early little celebration before I left. While it was a fun trip, I was sad to have missed the regular traditions I normally experience. I did like saying to people that I spent Christmas day jogging in Rio de Janeiro and drinking agua de coco. I missed being home with my family, the snow, the cold, my tree, the regular celebrations, seeing my niece and nephew opening gifts, the hassle of the family. I missed it all and preferred being home with the ones I loved.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #511 on: November 05, 2012 11:18:10 AM »

Q: No, I wouldn't skip Christmas! It's not stressful or overly commercialized in my family, a lot of gifts we give are handmade and/or useful things that we need anyway (like cookbooks, pajama pants, etc. haha) For us it's just a relaxing time to all hang out at my mom's house and watch silly movies and eat lots of goodies!

Progress: I didn't get any crafting done this week. Been down with a fever. Sad Just getting back on my feet today, so I should have a very productive rest of the week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #512 on: November 05, 2012 11:19:26 AM »

There's times I might.  My family lives far away, so I don't get to see them at the holidays anyway.  Hubby's family lives far away as well, they sometimes come to the area for christmas and sometimes not.  I only have christmas day off this year, so it feels like I'm sort of skipping some of it, but I think I'm going to try to do some  hot cocoa and a board game christmas eve and have christmas day be as low-key as possible as it will be just me, hubby and his youngest (maybe the older one too).

Didn't get much done this week - was out of town for the weekend.  Plan to finish up over the next 2 weekends and hope to send before thanksgiving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #513 on: November 05, 2012 12:21:10 PM »

Skip Christmas?

A: HECK NO.  NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!  Christmas is the one time of year when I have the chance to see my whole family... all my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, parents, brothers.  The only time of year when they are all in the same place.  It's crowded, and wonderful.  There are some gifts, but the focus is definitely on spending time together, goofing around, singing, football, whatever.  I definitely turn down gigs and spend a whopping amount of money to travel 5000 miles to see them.  It's worth it : )

As far as crafting, I've had a tiny bit of time lately and have gotten going on (what is, hopefully) the home stretch!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #514 on: November 05, 2012 12:21:45 PM »

I would never skip Christmas.  I started packing my box, because I'm done crafting.  But, I probably won't be sending until the send out date.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 05, 2012 01:54:46 PM »

I now spend a portion of every holiday alone, including Xmas alone.  So, at this point in time, yes, I would not have a problem skipping Xmas. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
margiej
« Reply #516 on: November 05, 2012 04:43:40 PM »

I love the excitement of Christmas. I love making , giving and getting (sure!) gifts.  I love the religious part of Christmas.  I love seeing family, friends, even the excitement of strangers i meet.  My personal Christmas experience is not always happy though, but skip it all??  No, even just getting to go over to my daughter's house for a few hours then spending the rest of the day alone I wouldn't skip it.  But I do understand what lonesome on holidays can do to people for sure...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: November 05, 2012 06:59:52 PM »

I love the holidays!   The excitement of fresh cut trees ( although I use artificial) the lights around the neighborhoods, seeing small children in awe of everything so merry and bright.  I am a little older and wiser the gifts are OK but the memories that mean the most are shopping with my mom, riding around looking at lights heading to get a fresh cut tree, wrapping all my sons gifts in Santa paper and sneaking back in to dump them around the tree, cookies and milk set out for Santa.  Through a child's eyes it is magical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #518 on: November 05, 2012 07:10:55 PM »

I would NEVER skip Christmas!!!  My entire family gets together and I just LOVE to see my kiddies eyes light up when they come down Christmas morning!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #519 on: November 05, 2012 11:40:10 PM »

I don't think I would be allowed to Wink
My family loves christmas. My mom has even told us kids that she is okay with us spending all the other holidays with our sig ot's fams, but not chiristmas. Christmas is "her's" Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Ways to Wear the Metallic Trend This Fall
X Factor Stars And Their Little Black Dresses
Rita Ora Has A Wardrobe Change At MOBO Awards
Two Ways To Wear Cropped Knits And Leather
Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood Steal the Spotlight at the CMAs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...