A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Goth/Punk Baby Booties & Diaper Covers  (Read 1392 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

misschickie
« on: July 25, 2012 03:53:23 PM »

My best friend is preggers, and the 2 of us are NOT into pastels or cutesy baby stuff. I couldn't find anything at the mall that I liked so I've decided to make her everything. So far I've made several pairs of booties, diaper covers, bibs and a burrito/swaddler thingy.
Up first: felt booties. They are so easy! You could make a dozen pairs in an evening. From Simplicity Pattern 2900.

Padded booties with button - From the book Handmade Beginnings. The pattern was mislabeled and the directions sucked. If you go about things sensibly and ignore the instructions, you could make them in half the time.

Diaper Covers - Also super easy, from McCalls Pattern 6108. I'm trying to stick to a black/white/green theme until I know the sex of the baby. The greens match up better in real life!

Burrito/Swaddler - I know this will come in handy as the baby is due New Years Eve. The lining is ultracuddle, and it shed all over my house! It is from the bookSimple Sewing For Baby

Any ideas for other items to make would be lovely!
Johanna
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012 06:00:00 PM by MareMare - Reason: to reveal images for new member » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012 06:01:05 PM »

Very cute! Non-pastel baby stuff is always fun! I think I've seen bibs with skulls and crossbones before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
ivoryh1632
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012 03:02:09 AM »

Love the love/hate booties, too funny. the second pair of booties, i made that same style a while back and its funny cuz the fabric i used is almost exactly the same with the bats on it except for it was purple background.

another useful and easy thing would be a changing pad that she can fold up and put in her purse, and you can make cute burp cloths by taking bandanas and sewing terrycloth onto the back (if that makes sense) i also remember a post where some chick made nursing pads (the ones that go in the bra so you dont leak) with leftover scraps so they were all leopard print and skulls, kinda dumb since noone sees them but its like wearing cute undies, it still makes you feel good to know what they look like.  the prudentbaby website has a really easy knot top hat pattern that you can make out of old t-shirts and then decorate. you should just do a search on pinterest and then just make the stuff in your own non-traditional-baby fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah_
Can't cook.

Sew lost.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012 05:37:20 PM »

That baby swaddler is amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're just closer to me when you fall.
LadyJasper
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012 02:09:21 PM »

These are totally wicked! You are a very good friend to have.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sweet Zombie Jesus
Padester
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012 02:42:37 PM »

Very cool!  How about baby sleep sacks?  I LOVED these with my little ones, and they were way easy to make, esp if you make them sleeveless.  I made fleece ones for winter and flannel for summer.  Since babies aren't supposed to have blankets, they came in very handy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to be an Architect - Part 5
The Advent Of Web 2.0
How to Create Color Schemes From the Color Wheel
How to Understand Colors for Home Decorating
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...