A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Making a 2013 page-a-day calendar of Craftster ATCs -- want to be in it?  (Read 2470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« on: July 30, 2012 06:33:40 PM »

I've been in the habit of making themed page-a-day calendars for swaps over the years, and it would be awesome to make/have a calendar with 365 days of ATC prints by Craftster people! (and maybe other images of mail art such as inchies, too)

Though I can use a lot of ATCs I've made, I certainly haven't made 365 of them.  I would like to ask your permission to reprint up to 10 of your ATCs (or other awesome mail art) so that a variety of artists can be represented.  Artists' name and screenname would be listed with each image, and if there's a title to the artwork to be found, I would list that, too.

This project is not going to be put up for sale, and I would not be claiming any rights to use your art, name, etc. beyond this one 2013 calendar project. It will stay within the Craftster community. I would, however, like to print out more than one calendar, to offer in Craftster swaps around the end of the year, for swap partners who would appreciate this kind of thing. Or, even better, offer it as a prize for a relevant Craftster.org craft challenge.

Unfortunately I don't think I can afford to send a completed calendar to all the collaborators...tho ugh I would really like to!  If I can't, I will at least send you a PDF file of all the pages.

Another idea I'm toying with is creating an actual photo book on Blurb or one of the other self-publishing websites, with art of any Craftster members who wanted to contribute, and then anyone can purchase a copy from that company itself (again, no money coming my way, since this is just a fun crafting project for me, and I would be out no money at all with this option). If you've done something like this before, I'm happy to hear your input/ideas about that, too.

To wrap up, if you are willing to have 1-10 of your mail art pieces included in my 2013 Craftster calendar, please contact me here or by PM. And any thoughts you have on making it a good project, please feel free to share.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012 02:53:43 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012 06:06:48 AM »

What a great idea! Feel free to use anything of mine you can dig up. I'd love to get my hands on a calendar for a papercraft challenge, if possible. Smiley

As for ideas on how to make it a good project, my only suggestion (currently) is to try to have the cards match the time of year. Cool colors and themes for winter, springy colors and images for spring, spooky cards in October, etc.

Best of luck, and I can't wait to see the final project! I think you should consider offering it at cost plus shipping for participants. I'd love to have one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
calluna
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012 02:50:31 PM »

Thank you!!  Kiss I had only thought as far as matching themes with holidays and times of year; I hadn't thought about color schemes, and I really like that idea.

MunLtStmpr just gave me the good suggestion of sending all the pages as a PDF file to everyone involved and let everyone print, cut, and assemble on their own. So I will, at the very least, provide that to all participants, and definitely send you a finished one (or more) to offer as papercraft challenge prize(s). With that purpose in mind, I will aim at getting this project finished by early October.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012 02:54:49 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012 08:36:38 AM »

Oh, what a fun idea!  For sure I would love to participate!  I have several pieces that I've done since I sent you that one for the December swap.  Smiley  I've got some of them posted here.  But even that is a super-old posting, and I have more that you can choose from than that.

I'm especially interested in having the availability of the PDF file---sounds SO awesome!

I can upload some more ATCs that I have done...might take a few days, but I'll let you know when I've done it.

I love this idea, and would definitely like you to send me a copy, or maybe I'd print it off myself, depending what all is involved.  Keep us posted!  SO exciting.  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012 02:12:33 PM »

Thank you! And I'm glad you have many good images of your cards posted on the ATC board as well; that helps a lot. I'm image-searching through Craftster for what participants have posted, and in what image-posts they have been mentioned, so that I can hopefully dig up as many cards as possible to choose from (so if someone else has posted a good image of your cards more recently in an ATC swap gallery, and I have their permission, I can use their photo of what you sent them).

ETA: 25 participants so far! Hooray! Still seeking more, of course, but it's a good start!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012 02:02:24 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunnyDawn
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012 03:32:08 PM »

I'm in.  I would even be happy to send you a few new ones if you want particular themes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Milburn
St. Louis, MO
sunnydawne@gmail.com
calluna
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012 03:39:02 PM »

Thank you so much, SunnyDawn!  Kiss

34 participants now!  Grin I'm aiming at 50, and would love to have more than that (in spite of how much time this project is gobbling up)!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012 03:44:00 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012 06:03:13 PM »

this sounds like a fun idea. maybe you could host this as a challenge and list the seasons or months that you need atc's for. you could have artists claim them, so you get a variety to use. what format do you need, would you need digital files sent to you, or are the photo hosting files good enough?

jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
calluna
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012 06:58:09 PM »

this sounds like a fun idea. maybe you could host this as a challenge and list the seasons or months that you need atc's for. you could have artists claim them, so you get a variety to use. what format do you need, would you need digital files sent to you, or are the photo hosting files good enough?

jen

This is a good idea; I might try it in the future! I've been thinking I'd like to see a new challenge thread start up (or the old ones resurrected), and maybe "Things to Go in a Calendar" would be a broad enough theme to get ideas flowing.
For now I'm just pulling images off of Craftster from people who have allowed me to use their work, and from other sites like Flickr or their blogs if they keep their images stored there. My hope is to not have to pester any of the participants for anything but their names. It's my first time creating this kind of compilation of other people's work, so it isn't going to be super-professional...But after I learn lessons from this experience, and if I don't get completely burnt-out, maybe next year I can put a call out for another project of this nature, and for that one request higher-quality digital files.

I'll keep Craftster-image-stalking everyone over the next 6 weeks (just once in a while--I do have other things to fill my time  Cheesy), so that I can catch newly posted cards and include some!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012 07:08:39 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012 05:10:54 AM »

I replied to your PM in the affirmative Smiley Feel free to use whatever you find and if you need info on anything let me know. Thanks, looking forward to the finished product
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 8/8
How to Crochet a Striped Blanket Method 1
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 6/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 7/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 4/8
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...