A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Work Your Theme" ATC Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 21272 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jmiller614
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012 09:32:11 AM »

From witchhippie for my calendar theme:

They are both beautiful but I have to ask how the "23" was done. It has what looks like a cracked glass layer on it and the layer is competely uniform in thickness. I've never seen anything like it. Very cool!

From gozer:

So that is clever! Each bill actually looks like a real bill. Either a great print/crinkle/tea? job or gozer lives in a community where everyone is the size of an elf. I love it for Presidents Day.

From crazyda79:

It's graffiti art! It really does look like it was spray painted on a wall.

From jillybeans:

This is neat because I have gotten a map themed one in the past. But the number was a piece of map, not the background. I need to look back at the number but I am hoping they are next to each other in the calendar so it looks like they were planned to be opposites.

I received a ton from bunny1kenobi! Well okay, I was in multiple groups with her. She managed to make each one unique.

This was is sewn and absolutely beautiful.

The cutest card. And every march this is going to remind me to actually pay attention if this saying is true. My april card is about showers and my may card about flowers. I love that people have incorporated these into the months.

I tried to figure out the song but there just wasn't enough. I like the look of sheet music in ATCs and always think I need to get my hands on some.

This one was sent as a "replacement" to a previous Christmas card she sent in the monthly atc swap. For some reason she though the other one was not good enough. I would say the other one was more classic and this one more cute/humorous. Notice the lights tangled in the antlers? Smiley I think I might use one for Christmas Eve and one for Christmas! I can't decide.

Thank you all! My calendar looks fabulous laid out on my table. I will have to post a progress picture!

From mimblewimble6:

I almost feel like this should be the first or last day of the month to open or close it out! Fantastic. I can feel the drama.

From fabricfriend:

I am actually a bit jealous of her "3" ability. When I cut out 3s, they never have the ratios right but this one does. It's great. (I feel like Tony the Tiger now...)

From Plucky1_08:

I think this could totally work for Memorial Day or for 9/11. Perfect.

From AugustBell:

A cool collage of little pieces to form the numbers. For some reason I think of Fred Flintstone which is awesome, because I haven't thought of that cartoon in years. Creative!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012 08:57:43 AM by jmiller614 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012 09:34:02 AM »

Wow, my images appear quite large. Is there an easy way to compress these on Craftster? Or better to do so before? I am not sure it is necessary to take up half a page of the swap with two cards (even though they are wonderful).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012 09:54:35 AM »

Wow, my images appear quite large. Is there an easy way to compress these on Craftster? Or better to do so before? I am not sure it is necessary to take up half a page of the swap with two cards (even though they are wonderful).

They aren't so large to me.  My photobucket does that to me.  When I change it, but it takes awhile for me to see that its changed.  But it has, it just doesn't recognize it yet.

I love the two calendar numbers!  So pretty!  And I love the Harry Potter one!  Jmiller did a M for me for my HP ABCs, too, that had a book that pulls out.  Its one of my favorites!  <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012 10:29:23 AM »

I received some awesome Star Wars ABC's.....

First, from Mountains and Clouds

Darth and Yoda for groups 1&7.... They both look so amazing. Thank you so much Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012 10:45:14 AM »

Second, from Amylynn98...she made two cards for me for group 12... I'm posting the back as well because I love that she put a description of the cards...it's nice to learn something new Smiley

The planet on the card is so shimmery... I love it!

The idea of a clam jumping out of the water to get me kinda scares me...But I'm not traveling to Naboo anytime soon. I really like this card. Thanks for the great cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
AmyLynn98
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012 05:52:21 PM »

I'm glad you liked them, KittyHerman. I didn't want to make the N card I chose be Naboo. I thought that might be expected, so I went on Wookiepedia to look up something different.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot. com/
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012 06:57:27 PM »

Mountains and Clouds - Your Prof. Trelawney is spot on! It is SO her. You captured her perfectly!
  St. Bridgit reminds me of those wood carvings in old books. Love it! Great style.
  The Penacles and Stars are wonderful. They look like they would be in a professional deck!
  Darth Vader and Yoda are well done! What did you use for the background on the Yoda card? The texture looks neat.

KittyHerman Flickwick is adorable. I like the feather quills.
  KittyHerman doing a Hello Kitty card made me laugh. She is cute with her little star.

Witchhippie - I am not scared of clowns and that one creeps me out! LOL! Great job!
  23 & 26 are great. I have the hardest time with the "simple" letters and numbers. Is that Destress Crackle Paint? If so I am mad! I can't get mine to work right. Whatever it is, I want some. Cool effect!

jmiller614 - Charlie is awesome and I love the dragons with him. The Burrows is kick butt! You did an amazing job and what a great extra card!
 My sister is a huge Edgar Allen Poe fan and I may have to steal that raven idea and make her a Poe card out of it!
 The Magical Drafts and Potions card is awesome! Love the idea of the book! FANTASTIC!

AmyLynn98 - What creative Star Wars cards! I would have never thought of those. I like them both. The planet has a neat sheen to it but the clam makes me giggle so I think it's my favorite.

Great job everyone!!!!! Loving the gallery so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012 07:29:04 PM »

It is the Destress Crackle embossing power. I love the stuff but I can't find any more of it and I am almost out!!!  Undecided

There are so many great cards going on in this swap. Shocked Shocked Cheesy Grin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012 11:46:00 PM »

Great cards! I especially love all the Harry Potter and Star Wars themed cards.

I received from Mountains and Clouds for my Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme. She made a wonderful Willow card.

I also received from AmyLynn98 for my Heroes theme. She made a cute chibi Adam Monroe card.

I love them, thank you both! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012 10:35:48 AM »

We have so many amazing artists in this swap!
I got an ATC from crazyda79. For my Star Wars ABC's: "D is for Dengar".

Thanks! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Must-Try Spring Nail Colors
Do It Yourself Green Tea and Lemon Toner
A Blood Serum That Masks Dark Circles and Other Must-Have Eye Creams
Topshop Gives Tips On Spring Makeup Trends
Ask Marianna: Beauty Blenders, Smokey Shadows And Top Eyelash Glue
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...