A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
797 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: * 24K GOLD PURSE...well not real gold but same thing..*  (Read 121212 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , purse  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CleverandCatchy
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005 12:37:06 PM »

Holy crap. I would never think that bag was homemade. Its fantastic. I don't know how to sew but I think I'm going to have to learn to make this.. I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mingaling88
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005 07:34:20 PM »

Love it!  I just bought a gold <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=evening%20bag" onmouseover="window.status='evening bag'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">evening bag</a> because I couldn't think of a creative design to make one.  Saw this too late!

How did you manage sewing on that kind of fabric?  I've done various projects on it and had *serious* trouble.  The glue holding the sequins to the fabric gums up the needle so ridiculously quickly.  Any tips or tricks?

My needle did kinda gum up, so i just took it out and cleaned it with some nail polish remover.  I sewed on top of my liner and then i sewed thru the sparkly gold material.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing skills have improved so much since I first came here back in 2004... ^_^
mingaling88
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005 07:37:09 PM »

ooo.
you make the best purses.
theyre always the kewl kind that everyone is using too.
hmm i wonder if anyone on here is ever gonna come out with the sequin dangly ones, i dont know if you know what im talking about or not. lol.
well anyway this is cute.
<3

Yeah i have seen those purses lol! Well I think i could make one, it is a tad bit complicated, but it can be done! I'd use the sparkly gold material that i used on my gold purse, or i would take some sequins that you can buy on a roll and just sew them on, it would be expensive tho!
hey tell me some more about these sequin dangly purses.. i might be able to make one and put up a tutorial  Smiley

like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15730&item=6784439817&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting or this http://store.alloy.com/content/browse/jsp/item-large-image.jsp?categoryID=7&itemName=SEQUIN+SHOPPER&itemKey=4C6903 from the people ive seen with them the sequins are actually dangling. its hard to tell in these pictures tho. im sure youve seen them somewhere in the mall a time or two. and if you do figure this out id love to see the tutorial. =) i hope this helped...
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing skills have improved so much since I first came here back in 2004... ^_^
lovelyscrubs
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005 05:55:03 AM »

when you mean hem the top of the bag do you mean the two sides right?and when you cut your pattern did you cut small snips in the u shaped part?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005 07:37:56 AM »

ooo.
hmm i wonder if anyone on here is ever gonna come out with the sequin dangly ones, i dont know if you know what im talking about or not. lol.
<3

Yeah i have seen those purses lol! Well I think i could make one, it is a tad bit complicated, but it can be done! I'd use the sparkly gold material that i used on my gold purse, or i would take some sequins that you can buy on a roll and just sew them on, it would be expensive tho!
hey tell me some more about these sequin dangly purses.. i might be able to make one and put up a tutorial  Smiley

like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15730&item=6784439817&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting or this http://store.alloy.com/content/browse/jsp/item-large-image.jsp?categoryID=7&itemName=SEQUIN+SHOPPER&itemKey=4C6903 from the people ive seen with them the sequins are actually dangling. its hard to tell in these pictures tho. im sure youve seen them somewhere in the mall a time or two. and if you do figure this out id love to see the tutorial. =) i hope this helped...
<3

yea probably. but itd still probably be cheaper than buying it but then again itd be really complicated. i dont know, its up to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
mingaling88
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005 09:44:43 AM »

when you mean hem the top of the bag do you mean the two sides right?and when you cut your pattern did you cut small snips in the u shaped part?

Yes, when I hemmed the bag at the top, i folded the outside fabric and the inside lining together, so that the outside fabric will be on the inside of the bag.  And yes i did cut small snips in the U shaped part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyscrubs
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005 10:27:59 AM »

good i just wanted to know if i understood right
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005 10:30:47 AM »

oh wow! that's so simple yet awesome. I love it Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mingaling88
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005 04:41:52 PM »

oh wow! that's so simple yet awesome. I love it Kiss

Thanks so much, i'm glad you like it!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justxlove
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2005 01:00:47 PM »

ooo.
<3

<3

yea probably. but itd still probably be cheaper than buying it but then again itd be really complicated. i dont know, its up to you.

i just found one of these bags at rue21 for $15. so maybe ill just buy it...hah. i just didnt feel like shelling out $50 for it. well yea. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Indoor Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Fireworks Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...