A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wicked Children Altered Tin Gallery!  (Read 31530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2012 11:50:55 AM »

AWESOME baby-zilla! Fantastic details. You always astound me jivvy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microjivvy
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2012 12:33:45 PM »

Just got home!

Microjivvy is out of town, but asked me to mention to everyone that this tin was based on a scene from Lilo & Stitch. I believe she forgot to put that in her note to you, nooo.

Thank you, Racky.  Kiss

Yes, I did forget to put it in my note to Nooo (duh!). Before this swap, I knew that Noooo was an L&S fan and when I saw "Godzilla" on her list, it didn't take long for my brain to put the two together (if you don't know the movie, trust me it's crafting kismet). 

I had planned on a much "darker" nursery. But I was having little luck hunting down satisfactory "creepy monster" posters for the wall art (scalability was the major issue), when I suddenly remembered that (DUH!) there was one perfect place to get monster wall art.

Though, I hafta admit, I thought I'd died and gone to crafting heaven when I saw Noooo's childhood art on her blog.

I am compelled to mention that baby zilla does have a tail and a ridge up his back... I tried like heck to get him turned so that his lovely ridge showed up, but his lovely tail was in the way, lol.

And yes, those blocks are folded paper cubes. And yes again, it was watching me fold one of those that made Mr. Jivvy declare me certifiable. 

By the time I finished with them, I was fairly certain he was right.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2012 01:38:02 PM »

that baby Darth Vader is kicking! very coo!l

and baby zilla too cute and the details - omg!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2012 01:45:35 PM »

I have my tin from suereal! and it's oh so fab!

she went with Bellatrix Lestrange
love the tin - so detailed and little Bellatrix has a beautiful vintage fabric dress and the most fab hair - not to mention that deatheater rattle Smiley and her little stuffie snake - he's on top of the tin Smiley

suereal had a good backstory for her but I left that paper at home Sad
will post some more details tonight after work but here some pictures!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2012 02:06:26 PM »

That is beyond freaking fabulous, Jivvy!!! I see what you meant by cute-ish, but this is so wonderful in every and each way and I love all the personal little details - especially that you shrank all the wonderul art and oh, boy , the little blocks and the wallpaper! This is true perfection Grin

Oh and suereal- I love little Bellatrix! Her hair is amazing and the pet snake *squeal* and theeheee a deatheaterrattle!!!! I love the way your brain works!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012 02:10:10 PM by BirdBones » THIS ROCKS   Logged
microjivvy
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2012 02:08:00 PM »

Just went back to see what was posted while I was away... the Vader tin is such a truly marvelous composition, the bits and bobs around the tin are just so effective and the front so perfect... and "baby on board" is without flaw...

As to Bellatrix? So many lovely details, but I am here to tell you that that death-eater rattle may be my favorite bit of brilliance, ever. ROFL.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2012 02:21:12 PM »

I love that deatheater rattle, too! She's awesome.

How did you do the facade with her name on it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2012 02:38:25 PM »

Thanks everyone.  She was fun to make for sure.  The hair is unraveled poly cording.  The facade is craft foam with those little plastic letters they used to put on signs before the digital age.  I have a friend who used to work for a scrapping company.  They cleared out a bank and he saved all the letters for me.  I just glued some cording down to (attempt) to make it look like a carved stone edge.  The rattle is the end of a wedding reception bubble bottle and then just a plastic skull and cross bone bead that I cut up.  The end cap is a happy face bead...mostly because the thought of a happy face on that creep rattle cracked me up.  She also has tiny skull beads and purple bows on her shoes.  Her body is an old Troll doll (no I didn't cut the head off...I bought it that way at a yard sale...) and a random doll head.  I thought the Troll body was perfect for a toddler.  OO and the house it's self is an old Irish linen tea towel I used Steam a Seam ultra to make it stick to the tin.  First time I have used it not on fabric and I will so use it again.  I even used it to put the paper on the back.  Steam a seam is some amazing stuff Grin

and....gg is too nice to out me...but I had to up scale the house to a bandage tin, since once I put her hair on she no longer fit into the Altoids tin.  So the roof opens up.  O and I think I am in love with the pedestals in front.  Gutterman thread spools, scrabble tiles, and wooden balls Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
microjivvy
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2012 02:47:48 PM »

and....gg is too nice to out me...but I had to up scale the house to a bandage tin, since once I put her hair on she no longer fit into the Altoids tin.  So the roof opens up.

And here I had decided that the apparent direction of the hinge was an optical illusion I couldn't wrap my brain around.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2012 05:31:06 PM »

Wow, that Bellatrix is awesome, sue! I agree, the hair is so perfect, and the stone facade is way cool!

Microjivvy, I didn't realize it was the scene from Lilo and Stitch! I should have! I love it that much more, now. You are so dang thoughtful  Cheesy And if you have pics of babyzilla's spikes before he went into the tin, PLEASE show them off! They're really tough to see, even peeping into the tin real close, but they're so tiny and detailed and need to be seen by the world.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy Iron On Letters
How to Iron On Fabric and Rhinestone Letters
How to Design Iron On Transfers for T-shirts
How to Select Iron On Transfers for Fabrics
How to Use Iron On Stickers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...