A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween Mini Swap Rd 4  (Read 21248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunny1kenobi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012 08:32:57 AM »

My haunted gallery! Grin

Ok, my gallery comes with a bonus story!  AND it's even scary!  Wink

So, I was on my way to lunch with lindyv321, when my hubby called and said since I was still near the office could I please stop by and pick up some stain remover for one of our techs (carpet cleaning company) and deliver it to him on a job (which was very near where we were meeting for lunch).  So being the dutiful wife and employee that I am, I swung around and picked up the stuff.

So I drove like a madwoman (coz now I'm late for lunch) and just TWO MILES from the freeway exit I needed to take, my truck decides to give up the ghost (how Halloween appropriate  Tongue). Couldn't have waited just 2 more miles.... ugh.  So now I'm stranded on the side of the road.  I have a tech waiting on chemical and Lindy waiting to eat.  My darling hubby (who was at the movies with a friend) rides out on his white horse to rescue me and the tech (the white horse in this case being our silver minivan Wink).  Just before he arrived, sweet Lindy found me on the side of the road and bestowed upon me bounteous Halloween goodness!  These are pics of the goodies in my van, taken while we waited for the tow truck....

She said to go ahead and start opening, so we did.  This was Day 1 and because it was chock full of treats, it came in handy while we waited for the tow truck for TWO HOURS.   Angry (wish I was kidding about that.)  It also had lots of fun little toys in it that my little guy played with non stop for about 2 hours after we got home! And check out how dang cute that little basket is!  I LOOVE it!! Thanks, Lindy - Day 1 was a huge hit!

But wait, there's more...

It's going to be a fun 13 days!  And knowing Lindy's crafting skills, I'm willing to bet that they will make sitting on the side of the road for half the day, worth it!  Cheesy

Side note- we have rescheduled our lunch! We WILL get that bonus girl time, by George!  Wink

DAY 2

Lindy knows I loooooove all things miniature... L@@K at what she made me!  Shocked

What a cute little witchy mouse!  I love all the tiny things, books, bubbly cauldron, bottle, broom, sparkly pumpkin... and the irony of a mouse having a cat as a familiar is not lost on me!  It even has a little strobe light mounted to the ceiling, for that spoooooky effect!  It's adorable, Lindy, thank you!  

My hubby and littlest made up a song for the pumpkin, sung to the tune of itsy bitsy spider (the mousy witch's name is Bitsy, by the way):

The itsy, bitsy witchy lived in a pumpkin house,
She made a witchy brew and fed it to a mouse.
The mouse let out a squeak and ran under her hat,
And when let it out she found - the mouse was now a cat!

Day 3

my little guy is excited to take this bag trick or treating!

Inside was FABULOUS CUPCAKE STUFF!!!

Lindy is spoiling us, and we are LOVING it!  I think my very favorite item is the little spatulas!  They are so freaking adorable - and I needed new ones, too, so PERFECT!

Day 4

"Go Batty" game (Go Fish) and cute stuffies! Little J has had these in his possession since he opened this!  They are named Frankie and Ghostie (yeah, he's 5).

Action shot:

Day 5

super cute t-shirts!!!

And an action shot:

Day 6

An adorable batty wreath! (Purple is my fave Halloween color!)

Day 7

A whole slew of Halloween goodness!

I love the sign - I had a similar one on my Pinterest!
And inside those tiny little canisters (they were magnets, mounted on a decorated pie plate - so dang cute!)-

stickers, charms, silly bands, love the earrings... so much fun in one imaginative container!

Day 8

Cute towels and Frankie, Jack & Boo!

Day 9

Halloween JEWELS!!  I love this bracelet, especially the little ghost and the candy corns - LOVE!  And see the little clothespin?  It was holding the adorable bag closed!

I also neglected to mention an extra she sent - a glittery and sweet Halloween card!

Day 10

2 darling ceramic pumpkins, a sparkly pumpkin notebook with pencil, an air freshener for the car (LOVE!), and a cute paper punch!

Day 11

Spider mask, googly eye frame, wooden spider plaque and a cute door hanger kit!

Action shot!

Here he is making the door hanger:

and a (rather pathetic) pic of the finished product:

Day 12

Feathery spidery adornments!!

The orange one is a hair clip and the red one is a pin!  They will instantly halloween-up any outfit! Smiley (the little "boo" clip was holding the gift bag shut, and it was so cute I had to include it in the pic!)

Day 13

Fun stuff!!  A Halloween suncatcher, hand sanitizer in a cute pumpkin-y case, and roll on bath paint for my little Toad!  And what could be in the adorable little pouch?

Goodies for ME!

yummy lip balm, nail gems, a cute halloween nail file, and nail polish!  The black one is crackle polish and I've been wanting some FOREVER! So this is a huge win!

Action shot:

Lindy, thank you for spoiling us!  This was such a fun swap!  And it was such a treat to meet you for lunch!  Looking forward to our next one!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012 06:24:57 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparks
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012 06:33:30 PM »

I received from my partner and let my kids open their items first. They are a hit.

She made a Monster High necklace for my oldest daughter. Painted skull and crossbones on a ski cap for my son. A batman mask for my middle daughter. And a little bat softie for my youngest. Then they saw the candy -- and breakfast was served.

This is my middle daughter showing off the mask and the candy

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012 04:14:41 PM by sparks » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mom2em
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012 08:16:09 AM »

I got my box last week while I was out of town and am just now finding time to post pics of it.  There was a note that I could open the container right away so I did lol.

The box  as soon as I opened it. Candy and peeps were already enjoyed lol.

Day 13. Basket w/cat and dog treats.  My pets thank you!

So I decided to go ahead and start opening my gifts so I can enjoy them longer.  A couple items (candleholders?) didn't make the journey and arrived broken.

Day 12.  A glow in the dark shirt for each of my girls.  Love these. Also scavenger hunt games (these weren't numbered so I went ahead and let my girls open it).  Emma has already enjoyed playing it.

Day 11. Snow globe (I love snowglobes which my partner didn't know!), candleholder, 3 awesome crafted magnets (Emma has been having fun playing with the skeleton one-not sure if you can tell in pic but it's 5 pieces).

Day 10.  I LOVE these!!  Even my husband who usually doesn't pay any attention to my swaps was super impressed!!  A cool painted wood puzzle for my older dd (which she had fun putting together right away) and an amazing cloth book for my younger dd with stories, riddles, I-spy, maze, etc.  Oh and the puzzle came in a cute basket w/a jack-o-lantern face on it but I forgot to take a pic of it.

Day 9.

Day 8.  This is cute.

Day 7.  Cool mask!

Day 6. Cute decorations.  I had the perfect spot to hang up the pumpkin one!

Day 5.  Adorable cats for each of my daughters w/removable hats so they can stay out year round.  My oldest has been sleeping w/hers since she opened it.

Day 4.  So cool!  Drawing of all of my pets wearing halloween costumes!  I need to get a frame for this asap!  She had asked me to email her pics of my pets and was very curious as to what she was using them for.

Day 3.  This was the one thing I asked for and really wanted!  I put it on my table right away!

Day 2.  Trick or treat bags for each of my girls!

Day 1.  A jar of favorite candies.  The almond joy got eaten (by me!) before I took the pic, lol.

I had such a talented partner and LOVE everything I received!  Thank you!  This was such an awesome swap!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012 05:17:26 PM by mom2em » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012 03:46:39 PM »

What an awesome start to the gallery!!! I love the bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012 04:46:05 PM »

An amazing first day. Wow the goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012 05:52:17 PM »

Legatostroke, did you use black and silver houndstooth paper?!? (I went to U of Alabama, I'm a houndstooth fiend.) I'm so excited for everyone to start opening goodies!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012 04:44:56 PM »

Loving the start to the gallery!  So many fun and cool things!  I see my partner finally ripped into her boxes!  Gosh she had patience!  Will be letting her know when mine arrives, have not tracked it but expect it to show up in the next few days!  Just love coming to the gallery daily to check out all the loot!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012 07:32:00 PM »

I love the stuff thats already been posted...its all has alot prettier wrapping than i did lol, hopefully the items make up for it Tongue Im excited for my partner to receive the package i sent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurplePaisley
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012 07:45:19 PM »

My box from PurplePaisley arrived and as you can see..it's huge
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/221725_02Oct12_100_9756.JPG
and full of wonderfulness!!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/221725_02Oct12_100_9757.JPG
The bad news is we had one casualty on the way here
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/221725_02Oct12_100_9763.JPG
im glad i made 3 of those candlesticks for you. I was afraid they would break. Darn it!!
The good news is that since it is the second I get TWO days at once. My first day is this awesome bag which will become the year around home to my laptop. It also has many pockets which is cool.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/221725_02Oct12_100_9758.JPG
Day two is awesome as heck. It is a wreath with a spider and eyebals and candy corn lights. It is already on my wood stove plugged in! I love it
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/221725_02Oct12_100_9762.JPG
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013 12:21:48 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: please do not quote pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012 08:45:22 PM »

Loving the start to the gallery!  So many fun and cool things!  I see my partner finally ripped into her boxes!  Gosh she had patience!  Will be letting her know when mine arrives, have not tracked it but expect it to show up in the next few days!  Just love coming to the gallery daily to check out all the loot!

Hee hee.  I was using super self control!  I only have enough room to have one project out at a time; if I opened the boxes, I wouldn't have had enough spaces to finish making yours; so I didn't unpack yours until I'd sent mine.  lol

SUPER excited for the opening to begin.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrities Embrace the Peplum Dress Trend at the Met Gala
DIY: Learn to Make Your Own Coated Denim
Summer Style Inspiration from Rosie Huntington-Whitely and KStew
Leelee Sobeski Sports a White Jil Sander Gown at Vanity Fair Tribeca Party
Best Dressed Celebs at the Coachella Music Festival
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...