A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween Mini Swap Rd 4  (Read 20886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012 03:42:38 AM »

My package arrived in Houston at 3:15 this morning woo hoo looks like it may make it to my hands tomorrow.  It is only about 35 minutes away!  Sucks that I have to work or I could attempt to drive in and pick it up, if they only knew that they are  holding up gift opening!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012 06:26:02 AM »

My package arrived in Houston at 3:15 this morning woo hoo looks like it may make it to my hands tomorrow.  It is only about 35 minutes away!  Sucks that I have to work or I could attempt to drive in and pick it up, if they only knew that they are  holding up gift opening!!!!!!!

Woo-HOO!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HowdySailor
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012 05:50:06 PM »

PurplePaisley, I ADORE that wreath!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2012 08:07:53 PM »

Quaggy, you're good!  The tote is indeed an upcycled item of clothing.  Three actually.  I took photos of the before to show what it looked like previous to being a tote (hmmm, that T-shirt is next in line for upcycling, for sure!  oog.)

From this:

The outside of the tote, pre-upcycle (skirt):

The inside of the tote, pre-upcycle (shirt):

Not pictured: an innocent pair of black jeans, now deceased.

The tote, final.

I handstitched the whole thing, since I don't even own a sewing machine (can you do that and still be on craftster?  lol).  It's so easy for me to see all the imperfections in it---so I'm glad you like it despite its "personality"  lol
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012 10:31:28 AM by WideEyedLife » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurplePaisley
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2012 08:26:16 PM »

Amazing gallery. Everything is so Awesome. I love that tote. Great work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffi_333
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012 09:24:46 PM »

I think it's awesome that the bag was hand sewn...I hand sew everything i make because i dont have a sewing machine either. It must've taking quite a lot of work to finish it all. I would love a bag like that though, if i didn't just finish making myself a bag i would start making one like that tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012 10:11:14 PM »

That bag rocks so hard!  Pinned!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012 09:19:42 AM »

Agreed!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Cherrylime

I have sewn for the cows and they were pleased.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012 10:04:57 AM »

Forgot to claim my place in this gallery. Doing so now.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

Grin

And seriously loving the crafty goodness I'm seeing already. Man, y'all are creative!

The goodies!

Day 1
The bag in the picture above was the big part of day 13. It was fun because I unloaded everything and thought "hey, it's a great bag and EXACTLY the sort of gym bag I've been looking for ... but it's not so Halloween-y..." Then I turned it around.

Isn't it fabulous? I love it. And look at the adorable spider Mousee23 made!

I love how she used the tie-dye print. And loving the colors. I really love that I can use this year-round without it being so obviously seasonal but, at the same time, it totally works for October. Love it! She also gave me a Game Informer magazine which is perfect - we're having a video game themed halloween party and I've been collecting stuff like that. Fantastic start to a fun swap. Smiley

Day 2
Gaming day!

So this is something I never would have thought of in a hundred years - PacMan ornaments! Love the print she used!

Game-themed coasters! Love them! Though it's a shame to hide them under cups. I think I'll use them as tiles above the door or something like that. I love the cute little graphics.

Day 3

Today was the punny day. Smiley
It's an adorable "risen spirits" cemetery with ghosts and tombstones in the fog! Too cute! And a "bottle of boos!" They're on our (*cough*) curio shelves which double as our bookcase, as you can see. Small apartment, you know.

Day 4

So if you're allowed to have favorites, this is mine ... I have such a thing for miniatures and so Mousee23 made me a mini witch's kitchen! It's an altoids tin and look how much detail she put into it! I'm in awe. I keep looking and noticing new things. Love it!

Day 5

My husband is a huge Ghostbusters fan so this was his day. Smiley He got some gorgeous cards and papercraft Ghostbusters! I love papercraft so it turned out to be a great gift for both of us.
As a bonus, mousee23 included this little guy with the note, "when I saw this I could practically hear Ray's voice saying 'Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end.'" My husband was impressed since, apparently, Ecto1 was made from a car that was originally an ambulance, not a hearse like most people seem to think. He said more but I tend to drift off after a while. Smiley

Day 6

Scrapbooking goodies! I needed these! And love, love, love the purple album.

Day 7

This picture doesn't begin to do justice to the gorgeous bracelet and earring set. This was one of those gifts that turns out to be even more perfect than my partner ever could have known - I hate things that bind at my wrist which writes off most bracelets, no matter how much I love them in concept. But the bracelet is a wire spring and it's super comfortable and sparkles so beautifully. And I really needed some studs for work and these are all so perfect. Love it all!

<note: from here on, dates are approximate. It's been a crazy last week with work and prepping for a party (which was awesome) and I totally thought I'd be able to keep the days straight ... I couldn't. But that doesn't diminish my enjoyment of each day's goodies!>

Day 8

Adorable little espresso mugs! Plus a neato instant coffee mug with the instant coffee inside. So neat! Love, love, love the Robot Coffee label. Smiley

Day 9

A cute little haunted house ...

Full of desk goodies! It's not all there because I already pulled out some things to use. I especially love how it works as a tilted pencil holder. Perfect for my crowded desk!

Day 10

A pumpkin buddy and a fantastic tiny drawer box that Mousee23 made! With a halloween charm nestled inside. Love! Plus there were hand made tea lights in the neatest Count (from Sesame Street) box but I've already put the tea lights to good use and can NOT find the box. I think my husband moved it when cleaning up for the party. It'll turn up.

Day 11

Disneyland goodies! I just found out yesterday that I have a chance to go next month (eeeeek!!!!!) and I might, just might, make this the trip that gets me into pin trading. Smiley Mousee23 gave me my first two pins and a lanyard to get me started. Smiley

Day 12

And now my kitchen is decorated. Smiley Potholders! I always need more! Am I the only one who can never find one when I need one? And a grocery bag holder! I've already hung it beside my dryer. Smiley

Day 13
Ok, this one's the awesomesauce -

An incantations book!

Here's just a few of the amazing pages -

And, yes, they're all Disney spells! Adore! Love! Cherish! This was one of those gifts that's so fantastic that I could have received nothing but this and it would have been an amazing swap. I mean, the rest was amazing but this was the best of the best.

Huge thanks to my partner for an awesome swap! I'm so doing this again next year. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012 10:01:22 AM by Cherrylime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Home Depot is my happy place.
My Pinterest
Currently obsessed with cables and quilts
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012 10:33:00 AM »

Agreed!!

Me too!!!

I have pinned quite a few things.   I am so jealous of everyone getting to open already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Valerie Fitzgerald Talks About Heart and Sold
Mireille Guiliano Discusses Women, Work and the Art of Savoir Faire
Matchmakers Steve and JoAnn Ward Discuss Crash Course In Love
Ted Fishman Guides Us Towards a Shock of Gray
Novelist Sandra Brown Introduces Her New Novel Rainwater
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...